Author Topic: A Generation Who Doesn't Know HOW to Think  (Read 1900 times)

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
A Generation Who Doesn't Know HOW to Think
« on: September 26, 2009, 09:33:08 AM »
tekisui  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Fri Sep-25-09 08:50 PM
Original message
A Generation Who Doesn't Know HOW to Think   Updated at 8:50 PM

Get ready, we are seeing it. A generation of people graduating high school(and some colleges) without being taught HOW to think. Students are taught to pass a standardized test. They are taught to memorize and regurgitate. Make no mistake, this is by design.

No longer is critical thought valued. No longer are students taught how to look at an issue, investigate with curious skepticism and reach a unique conclusion. They are taught how to fill in one of four bubbles that represent the term they memorized long enough to earn their grade(if they are good students).

What it is producing is robot-thinkers. They hear the bullshit from the bullshit spewers and don't question it. The M$M feeds them the information after they are done with school, and they regurgitate it in the same fashion. Without question and without independent thought.

A well educated populace has always been a fear of the ruling elite, now they have found a way to provide that 'education' without the risk of a bunch of dangerous critical thinkers. No Child Left Behind? Leave All Though Behind.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x6631363

The primitive is on to something here. Problem is he unwittingly pointed out why so many people worship at the alter of the big O and think govt should take care of everyone.

The left has controlled education for years and if you look at the generation that this DUmmy is talking about a majority of them voted for big O. They are cheering as he strips our country of its greatness step by step. When Obama gets in front of the UN and says we suck they applaud. When big O increases chocolate rations from 30 to 25 grams they applaud even louder.

I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline Duchess

Re: A Generation Who Doesn't Know HOW to Think
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2009, 10:08:58 AM »
That's a good point, which the DUmmie is ignoring-that the left has been in control of academia and media for decades. If they have over time rid people of the ability to think for themselves, then they have achieved the goal they set a long time ago.

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2009, 10:15:29 AM »
That's a good point, which the DUmmie is ignoring-that the left has been in control of academia and media for decades. If they have over time rid people of the ability to think for themselves, then they have achieved the goal they set a long time ago.

The last thing they want is people with critical thinking skills. People who have those skills see right through the bull shit Obama is shoveling.
People with critical thinking skills actually know what the constitution allows and doesn't allow. I won't say everyone on the left is void of critical thinking skills but, most of this generation doesn't know squat about our constitution and role of our Govt. Those who do have those skills tend to vote Republican as the lesser of 2 evils. Say what you want about McCain but I know he wouldn't go in front of the UN telling the world we suck.

I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2009, 10:29:27 AM »
The tekisui primitive lives in my area and needs to be placed in a position where he can try and say the things he says on Skin's island face-to-face with someone who can immediately refute him, which I would gladly do.  I've seen his pick and he's your typical young punk who falsely believes he knows it all.  He is not in any position to make the claim that others don't know how to think critically.  I invite him to try that crap with me.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Duchess

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2009, 10:30:05 AM »
The last thing they want is people with critical thinking skills. People who have those skills see right through the bull shit Obama is shoveling.
People with critical thinking skills actually know what the constitution allows and doesn't allow. I won't say everyone on the left is void of critical thinking skills but, most of this generation doesn't know squat about our constitution and role of our Govt. Those who do have those skills tend to vote Republican as the lesser of 2 evils. Say what you want about McCain but I know he wouldn't go in front of the UN telling the world we suck.

Which is why I voted for him as the lesser of two evils. With all his faults, we would have been fighting him on familiar ground, as a fellow American. Hussein is just an outright evil-I almost said "traitor", but I don't believe he's ever had America's best interests at heart, whatever his origins may be. More likely, he's one of those who spells it as "Amerikkka" in his mind.

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2009, 10:42:49 AM »
Which is why I voted for him as the lesser of two evils. With all his faults, we would have been fighting him on familiar ground, as a fellow American. Hussein is just an outright evil-I almost said "traitor", but I don't believe he's ever had America's best interests at heart, whatever his origins may be. More likely, he's one of those who spells it as "Amerikkka" in his mind.

If he keeps going like he is traitor won't be a stretch.
I despised everything Clinton stood for but I didn't have the fear that I have now of our country being destroyed from the top.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2009, 11:06:30 AM »
DU itself is a shining testament to the fact that this isn't a recent development.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2009, 12:19:43 PM »

My next classes start on Monday....

Effective Essay Writing and CRITICAL THINKING

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2009, 12:44:27 PM »
Get ready, we are seeing it. A generation of people graduating high school(and some colleges) without being taught HOW to think. Students are taught to pass a standardized test. They are taught to memorize and regurgitate. Make no mistake, this is by design.

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline MrsSmith

« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2009, 12:51:20 PM »
Personally, I'd be thrilled to see kids coming out of high school with the ability to READ!!  A huge added plus would be the ability to write clearly, with decent punctuation and spelling.  Schools can't even manage in 13 years to impart the same skills my great-grandmother learned by 8th grade.  But every  :censored: one of those kids knows all about the Day of Silence for GLBT, "the separation of church and state" (though nothing actually from the Constitution), and that we are all nothing more than animals evolved from some ape-like creature.

Antifa - the only fascists in America today.

Offline Celtic Rose

• All American Girl
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2009, 02:37:42 PM »
Isn't it interesting that the generation that can't think, according to the DUmmies, is largely supportive of President Obama  :uhsure:

Offline crockspot

• In Memoriam
  • Bite me, libs.
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2009, 03:41:05 PM »
I went to the University of California, Santa Cruz. They taught me how to think..... like a DUmmy.

Took me decades to relearn how to think like a human being.

I have friends on Facebook that I went to that school with 30 years ago. Every one of them, with one exception, still thinks like a DUmmy.

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2009, 03:46:53 PM »
I went to the University of California, Santa Cruz. They taught me how to think..... like a DUmmy.

Took me decades to relearn how to think like a human being.

I have friends on Facebook that I went to that school with 30 years ago. Every one of them, with one exception, still thinks like a DUmmy.

I realized in JUCO that the way I was raised was gonna clash with the DUmmie philosophy of "higher learning".
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline Karin

« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2009, 06:36:59 PM »
FGL, good for you, and I for one would like to hear some anecdotes in the coming months from your classes.

My God, the OP sounds downright conservative, doesn't he?  I guess it's all in POV.   

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2009, 06:50:20 PM »
FGL, good for you, and I for one would like to hear some anecdotes in the coming months from your classes.

Well I already mentioned the non-descriminatory writing that would have me refer to someone as a "Hispanic-surnamed American". Just rolls off the tongue.

Offline ColonialMarine0431

• DEUS VULT
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2009, 06:53:20 PM »
When big O increases chocolate rations from 30 to 25 grams they applaud even louder.

Choco-rations were increased? Doubleplusgood!
I'll See Your Jihad and Raise You One Crusade

Offline thundley4

« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2009, 07:01:25 PM »
I find it ironic that this foolish DUmp monkee  is implying that the the opposition to to 0Bama is coming from people spoon fed by the MSM. Yet, the MSM has been propping up Lord Zero. It seems to me that his claim of critical thinking is backwards.  The ones that don't know how to think , are the ones supporting the Jug-Eared Kenyan. Those of us that don't blindly follow him and the pablum spewed by the MSM are able to think for ourselves.

Offline ColonialMarine0431

• DEUS VULT
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2009, 07:10:52 PM »
I find it ironic that this foolish DUmp monkee  is implying that the the opposition to to 0Bama is coming from people spoon fed by the MSM. Yet, the MSM has been propping up Lord Zero. It seems to me that his claim of critical thinking is backwards.  The ones that don't know how to think , are the ones supporting the Jug-Eared Kenyan. Those of us that don't blindly follow him and the pablum spewed by the MSM are able to think for ourselves.

:bravo: What he said.
I'll See Your Jihad and Raise You One Crusade

Offline ATTC

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2009, 07:35:02 PM »
The tekisui primitive lives in my area and needs to be placed in a position where he can try and say the things he says on Skin's island face-to-face with someone who can immediately refute him, which I would gladly do.  I've seen his pick and he's your typical young punk who falsely believes he knows it all.  He is not in any position to make the claim that others don't know how to think critically.  I invite him to try that crap with me.

Ragging on the young punks?  Ouch.  I'm 22 and somewhat of a punk (well, more of an asshole) but I'm conservative to the core.  Assholes lead, idiots follow.
Where'd I go wrong? /sarc

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2009, 09:37:46 PM »
I'm 22 and somewhat of a punk but I'm conservative to the core.

Good, and welcome.

My post was intentially directed at the tekisui primitive.  This punk lives in my area, but he isn't going to leave his comfort zone and confront someone who wouldn't put up with his junk because he's afraid, and I know it.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.