Author Topic: I always knew I didn't like the Atlanta Braves.........  (Read 1937 times)

Offline marv

• In Memoriam
  • Resident Grandpa
I always knew I didn't like the Atlanta Braves.........
« on: October 06, 2012, 06:36:46 PM »
http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2012/10/chaos-at-cards-braves-game-game-halted-after-controversial-call/
(snip)

The NL wild-card playoff game at Turner Field has been halted after Atlanta fans littered the field with trash over a disputed infield fly call.

(snip)
FOUR BOXES KEEP US FREE: THE SOAP BOX, THE BALLOT BOX, THE JURY BOX, AND THE CARTRIDGE BOX.

THIS POST WILL BE MONITORED BY THE NSA

Offline thundley4

Re: I always knew I didn't like the Atlanta Braves.........
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2012, 06:45:31 PM »
[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuuCD5IWchs[/youtube]

Have to wonder if the ump that made the call was a former temp ref from the NFL.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2012, 09:28:25 PM »
Sorry marv, but that WAS a shitty call.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline marv

• In Memoriam
  • Resident Grandpa
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2012, 09:35:40 PM »
Sorry marv, but that WAS a shitty call.

It was a bad call, BUT that's still no excuse for "fans" to throw trash and bottles on the field - or at players. As a long time Cardinal fan, I can tell you that things like what happened during the game would never happen in St. Louis.
FOUR BOXES KEEP US FREE: THE SOAP BOX, THE BALLOT BOX, THE JURY BOX, AND THE CARTRIDGE BOX.

THIS POST WILL BE MONITORED BY THE NSA

Offline CG6468

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2012, 03:14:05 AM »
It was a bad call, BUT that's still no excuse for "fans" to throw trash and bottles on the field - or at players. As a long time Cardinal fan, I can tell you that things like what happened during the game would never happen in St. Louis.

Never say never, Marv. Fans have gotten more violent through the years.
Illinois, south of the gun controllers in Chi town

Offline dixierose

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2012, 11:26:22 AM »
As a HUGE Braves fan, I was upset by the call (to say the least); but I was also embarrassed by the reaction. But to be honest...I was also surprised to see that kind of "passion" from the so called "worse fans in baseball". Braves fans are "supposed" to be subdued and almost uncaring...

Does anyone think the reaction would have been any different if the call had been made in Philly?

One more comment about the game. I was tearing up when Chipper came to bat for the last time. I thought what Molena did was very classy, and he gained a new fan.
When Harry Truman was President of the United States, he had a sign on his desk in the White House that said: "The buck stops here." If Barack Obama had a sign on his desk, it would say: "The buck stops with Bush." - Thomas Sowell