Author Topic: Its funny....  (Read 1667 times)

Offline lars1701c

Its funny....
« on: October 10, 2008, 08:05:11 PM »
Not hearing much from the Resident Dodger fans  :lmao:

Hell if the Phills make it to the WS we wont have to put in a DH for Myers 3 for 3 3 RBI's and 2 runs scored lol
"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
~~~ The late Dr. Adrian Rogers , 1931 to 2005

Offline jendf

Re: Its funny....
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2008, 09:05:09 PM »
I flippantly told WE that the Dodgers would meet the same fate that the D'backs met last year. Sweep the Cubs and then get swept.

I didn't really mean for that to happen though!

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2008, 03:52:34 AM »
Lars, as I tell a moonbat friend of mine, who is also an obnoxious Buffalo Bills fan, "Eggs laid do not necessarily equal chickens hatched."
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline lars1701c

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2008, 07:59:39 AM »
Lars, as I tell a moonbat friend of mine, who is also an obnoxious Buffalo Bills fan, "Eggs laid do not necessarily equal chickens hatched."

You did notice where i said IF we make it to the WS? If the umps keep up there shitty calls who knows?
"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2008, 11:14:39 AM »

You did notice where i said IF we make it to the WS? If the umps keep up there shitty calls who knows?

If the Phillies put themselves in a position to win, then the umpiring won't matter.

And, you wouldn't have posted in the first place IF you weren't fairly confident that they would get there.  :tongue:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline lars1701c

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2008, 04:42:36 PM »
If the Phillies put themselves in a position to win, then the umpiring won't matter.

And, you wouldn't have posted in the first place IF you weren't fairly confident that they would get there.  :tongue:

Well as a life long fan of philly teams, I always put an IF in there till the win :)

Offline lars1701c

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2008, 04:43:34 PM »
BTW where has WE been? thought he would have said something before the series started  :fuelfire:

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2008, 04:56:29 PM »

"2 down?  It's just a flesh wound."
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.