Author Topic: Freaking Friday At Last!  (Read 3109 times)

Offline asdf2231

• would like to cordially invite you to the pants party!
  • VRWC Arts And Crafts Director
Freaking Friday At Last!
« on: February 20, 2009, 07:31:00 AM »
My visiting family is munching bacon, kringle and fruit before hitting the road here this morning.

Glad the week is ending and we get the wife home for a couple of days.  We are also getting 4-6 inches of snow tomorrow alas.

Have a great Friday CC!

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for awhile.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life...

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: Freaking Friday At Last!
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2009, 07:47:03 AM »
15 degrees here this morning.   :censored: winter.  Chance of snow here tomorrow following rain.   :censored: winter.  How long till Spring?   :censored: winter.

:innocent:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2009, 07:51:03 AM »
Oh my.

Don't tell me I'm enoying the best weather of all.

Temperatures in the high 20s, low 30s, sun, no snow anywhere.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Flame

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2009, 08:09:58 AM »
Sunny but cold here today.  Ready for some warm weather, but it's not looking too good for the next week.  Tomorrow it's supposed to hit 44, so I hope to take the boys to the ball field for some practice.

Mr Flame is dealing with Regional Building for me today...finally getting the permit for our basement job.  He's also going to the DMV for me, too, since I refuse to go there anymore  (they "couldn't" do something for me at the office there a while back...said I'd have to handle it through Charleston, but when he went 3 days later, they did it for him no problem!). 

Found out it will be about $95/mth to add my daughter to the insurance when she gets her license next month.  Not too bad, I guess.  And it will be nice to not have to schlep her back and forth to dance 5+ days a week.  At first, that will be the only place she gets to drive, and her freedoms will increase from there.

I'm so ready for spring!!

Offline Inga

• Be Ready
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2009, 09:35:52 AM »
I'm on my way to work. Not excited.

My stomach has butterflies, about what, who knows. It's been boring since the boss took the computer out.

I hope the rest of the day gets better. :(

Hope everyone has a great day.

Vicious cycle.

There will always be "Battles" to fight.

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2009, 10:11:31 AM »
I'm on my way to work. Not excited.

My stomach has butterflies, about what, who knows. It's been boring since the boss took the computer out.

I hope the rest of the day gets better. :(

Hope everyone has a great day.

Vicious cycle.

I've had that before, woke up a little anxious but with nothing in particular in mind.  Strange feeling.

As for myself, I was out a tad too late last night.  I had a good time.  Velvet Love Box was good.  $6 pitchers.  Good times.  And I was only 45 min late to work, but my boss doesn't really care.

So, I have a bit of work to actually do today.  I did my pay up bitch letters yesterday.  I plan to go over mechanic's liens again today.  I just wanna double check that we're okay.  We're set to take possession of a vehicle on March 6th to turn and sell to recoup repair costs.  The girl that owes the money asked if she could do installments.   :whatever: 

All in all should be an easy day at work. 
Stink Eye
"Bloodninja: It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass."

Offline debk

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2009, 11:23:58 AM »
This day has to improve...

Chill temp was still 6 ...yes that would be zero 6 degrees at 10:30 this morning. It's supposed to steadily warm up to upper 50's tomorrow, thunderstorm then turn to snow. Last time that happened in "93 ...we got 24 inches of snow and no power at my house for 5 days!

Then I find out that one...yes ONE margarita has 780 calories!!! That's been my drink of choice since last summer....no wonder my sugar always seems a bit screwed up. Going back to vodka.

Next...my buyers' final offer went in the dumper. They are crushed. So is my checkbook.

But is it bee-u-t-fully sunny out, I got a good haircut yesterday....and my sweet of heart thinks I'm mostly terrific....what more do I really need?
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2009, 11:30:51 AM »
Friday! :hyper:

That is all.
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2009, 12:29:48 PM »
Right about the freezing point this afternoon, and will warm up just enough so that when the snow hits this evening it will freeze on the roadway and THEN pile on a few more inches on top of that.

Yay!

Oh, and no days off until I get home a week from tomorrow, then ONE day off before going back to work in NH.

At least the frozen tundra of Iowa is pretty consistent.  Flat and white.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline asdf2231

• would like to cordially invite you to the pants party!
  • VRWC Arts And Crafts Director
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2009, 12:40:43 PM »
Right after I did breakfast this morning I got an English pot Roast and veggies in the crock pot for dinner tonight.
I won't have to worry about it later, which is nice. House smells too yummy though. :p

Saw the relatives off for Michigan this morning and have been lazing a bit, the cleaning and shopping for the week being done and nothing else on the calender.

I think I may fry some Spam up with some eggs and toast for lunch.  :hyper:

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for awhile.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life...

Offline Sweet Dee

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2009, 12:43:41 PM »
Right about the freezing point this afternoon, and will warm up just enough so that when the snow hits this evening it will freeze on the roadway and THEN pile on a few more inches on top of that.

Yay!

Oh, and no days off until I get home a week from tomorrow, then ONE day off before going back to work in NH.

At least the frozen tundra of Iowa is pretty consistent.  Flat and white.

You need to stop having so much fun Sparks!  ;)

I'm going to this movie thing all day tomorrow.  It's called the Oscar Best Picture Showcase, where they show all 5 nominees in a row.  Should be a blasty blast, haven't seen any of them :)

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2009, 12:53:43 PM »
You need to stop having so much fun Sparks!  ;)

I'm going to this movie thing all day tomorrow.  It's called the Oscar Best Picture Showcase, where they show all 5 nominees in a row.  Should be a blasty blast, haven't seen any of them :)

That sounds fun! 
Stink Eye
"Bloodninja: It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass."

Offline Sweet Dee

« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2009, 12:55:06 PM »

That sounds fun! 

It's totally fun :)  My third year to go.  Only thing that sucks, it's the amc at the mall.  Ewwwwwwwwwww :( 

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2009, 12:58:56 PM »
It's totally fun :)  My third year to go.  Only thing that sucks, it's the amc at the mall.  Ewwwwwwwwwww :( 

*gasp*  The MALL! 

Movie Tavern should totally do something like that.  You could eat and drink while watching all those movies.  Plus Movie Taverns are not in the mall.
Stink Eye

Offline Sweet Dee

« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2009, 01:00:15 PM »
*gasp*  The MALL! 

Movie Tavern should totally do something like that.  You could eat and drink while watching all those movies.  Plus Movie Taverns are not in the mall.

My former flame bartended there, so I miss the free booze and movies.  haha  Misty and I will be drinking, make no mistake.  We're gonna sneak in some wine.  lol   :cheersmate:  Last year we took a couple different kinds of vodka.

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2009, 01:03:01 PM »
My former flame bartended there, so I miss the free booze and movies.  haha  Misty and I will be drinking, make no mistake.  We're gonna sneak in some wine.  lol   :cheersmate:  Last year we took a couple different kinds of vodka.

Yes, I remember enjoying free beer during that Halloween movie we went to.  I usually go to the one in Bedford, that's my movie theater of choice. 
Stink Eye

Offline Sweet Dee

« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2009, 03:23:50 PM »

Yes, I remember enjoying free beer during that Halloween movie we went to.  I usually go to the one in Bedford, that's my movie theater of choice. 

So my biggest decision when I leave here, is which pair of pj pants to put on.  Ha!   :lame: 

How's Buttercup today?

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2009, 03:32:57 PM »
So my biggest decision when I leave here, is which pair of pj pants to put on.  Ha!   :lame: 

How's Buttercup today?

She was in the tax office all morning and then I was watching the switchboard and then I went to the bank.  Then after I got back with my lunch she left for the day.  Thankfully, no phone calls today.
Stink Eye

Offline Sweet Dee

« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2009, 03:34:04 PM »

She was in the tax office all morning and then I was watching the switchboard and then I went to the bank.  Then after I got back with my lunch she left for the day.  Thankfully, no phone calls today.

Woohoo :)  lol 

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2009, 03:35:19 PM »
Woohoo :)  lol 

BTW, I'll be adorning lovely Spongebob pjs and a sweat shirt when I get home.  Oh and slippers.  :)
Stink Eye

Offline Sweet Dee

« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2009, 03:36:08 PM »

BTW, I'll be adorning lovely Spongebob pjs and a sweat shirt when I get home.  Oh and slippers.  :)

I need some spongebob pj pants.  Make that happen!

Offline dutch508

• Remember
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2009, 03:40:52 PM »

damnation. I thought for sure we'd get some naked feet web-cam shots after Battlestar Galactica was on!!!
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2009, 03:42:23 PM »

damnation. I thought for sure we'd get some naked feet web-cam shots after Battlestar Galactica was on!!!

I'm thinking of dorking it up with some Lego Star Wars tonight.  BTW, I also found out last night that the Lego Batman is supposed to be pretty cool too.
Stink Eye

Offline Sweet Dee

« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2009, 03:43:25 PM »

I'm thinking of dorking it up with some Lego Star Wars tonight.  BTW, I also found out last night that the Lego Batman is supposed to be pretty cool too.

I'm gonna watch some golf when I get home.  haha  So you're not that bad ;)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2009, 03:44:22 PM »

yeah...but the lego joker off himself in teh game's after credits...
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!