Author Topic: Monday Suckage.  (Read 2747 times)

Offline asdf2231

• would like to cordially invite you to the pants party!
  • VRWC Arts And Crafts Director
Monday Suckage.
« on: September 15, 2008, 07:23:10 AM »
I tended to the wife who was down with the flu most of the weekend and appear to be getting it myself.  Not the cough and sniffle version she has but the really fun upset tummy and joints full of ground glass version.

I feel like circus clowns have been beating me with bags of nickles.

I fully intend on cooping up under a blaket today and being grumpy with a cat or two on my lap.

Saving grace is that there does not appear to be any after school fuctions to tote the chilluns around to. Also just to add to the misery index my daughter came home from the mall yesterday with her Homecoming Dress (You could hear the capitol letters when she described it.) looking more grown up than she should at 14.  :p

Meh.

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for awhile.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life...

Offline Flame

Re: Monday Suckage.
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2008, 07:53:29 AM »
Happy Monday, asdf....sorry yours is shaping up to be so craptastic.

So far so good here in the Flame house...had one down with the ick last week, but it seems as if, so far, the rest of us are spared.

Just 2 activities to tote kids to this afternoon, so it seems like a light day for us!

Oh, and homecoming dresses....oiy...my daughter has been shopping for one on-line... :banghead:

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2008, 08:12:23 AM »
My Sunday blew and it's carrying over to today.  Neighbor's immense elm tree fell across the road onto my wife's car, totallying it out.  I spent most of Sunday chainsawing it into chunks small enough for the another neighbor to push out of the road with his tractor.  We live a couple of miles past the "State maintenance ends" sign and the several fallen trees blocking the road are pretty much a self-help issue unless you can wait several days for the township guy.  I feel like I've been in a cement mixer full of cabbage-sixed rocks this morning.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2008, 08:42:00 AM »
Raining like hell here in Monterrey, Mexico.

That isn't as bad as what is going on with you guys, but it still sucks.  I am stuck indoors all day.

Thank God I found a local wireless node I could ride.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline RobJohnson

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2008, 10:42:58 AM »
My Sunday blew and it's carrying over to today.  Neighbor's immense elm tree fell across the road onto my wife's car, totallying it out.  I spent most of Sunday chainsawing it into chunks small enough for the another neighbor to push out of the road with his tractor.  We live a couple of miles past the "State maintenance ends" sign and the several fallen trees blocking the road are pretty much a self-help issue unless you can wait several days for the township guy.  I feel like I've been in a cement mixer full of cabbage-sixed rocks this morning.

Sorry to hear about the car, but also glad no one was hurt.

Hope today is better for you!

Offline RobJohnson

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2008, 10:44:59 AM »
I tended to the wife who was down with the flu most of the weekend and appear to be getting it myself.  Not the cough and sniffle version she has but the really fun upset tummy and joints full of ground glass version.

I fully intend on cooping up under a blaket today and being grumpy with a cat or two on my lap.

Saving grace is that there does not appear to be any after school fuctions to tote the chilluns around to. Also just to add to the misery index my daughter came home from the mall yesterday with her Homecoming Dress (You could hear the capitol letters when she described it.) looking more grown up than she should at 14.  :p

Meh.

I have heard of several having and getting the flu already, most places don't even offer flu shots until October here in the Southwest. Hope your wife is feeling better and that you and the kids do not catch it.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2008, 10:56:41 AM »
Well, I discovered a lovely rip in my work pants (in the worst area, too  :o ) late last night, so off to JC Penney/Macy's/Ross to get a new pair.  That was NOT money I had planned to spend (am on a tight enough budget as it is :( ).

Just deposited a paycheck and some tip money, so that should cover me for the next two weeks or so.  :)
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline RobJohnson

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2008, 11:02:52 AM »
Well, I discovered a lovely rip in my work pants (in the worst area, too  :o )

That sucks, at least it did not happen while you were at work!

Offline Chris_

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2008, 11:05:17 AM »

Meh.

I have heard of several having and getting the flu already, most places don't even offer flu shots until October here in the Southwest. Hope your wife is feeling better and that you and the kids do not catch it.

Got my flu shot this morning.  First co-worker who pops my shoulder will go home with his teeth in an envelope.   :uhsure:

Offline Chris_

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2008, 11:09:59 AM »

Yep, thank God!  It happened sometime after I got home late last night.  I didn't change right away, just sat down indian-style with my laptop in the planet chair (kind of like a portable papasan chair) as I find that much more comfortable...that caused it.   :p 

Offline RobJohnson

« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2008, 11:11:39 AM »

Yep, thank God!  It happened sometime after I got home late last night.  I didn't change right away, just sat down indian-style with my laptop in the planet chair (kind of like a portable papasan chair) as I find that much more comfortable...that caused it.   :p 

I lost a waist button on a pair of work pants one night, while at work...luckily I was wearing a belt, so my pants stayed up for the last hour of work! It still sucked!

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2008, 12:18:55 PM »
I'm at work and the cashiers are on my shit list...again.   :whatever:

I'm ready to get off work, but since I didn't come in for a few hours on Saturday I'll be here late today.  Then I have a few errands to run and algebra homework to do tonight.

I'm trying to get a few things situated so that I can go up and visit with family on Thursday. 
Stink Eye
"Bloodninja: It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass."

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2008, 12:23:58 PM »
I just found out that I'm going to be teamed up with the most annoying, clueless person in the office. She's an old, crusty lady (way past retirement) who really doesn't need to work but the owner hired her a few weeks ago to exploit her contacts and 30+ years on the client side of things. That's fine, but she's grating, loud and inept. She doesn't even understand Windows. So far, the concept of "minimize that window and open another one and go here..." is too difficult. And, since day one, she's complained about how crappy her office is, her furniture, the walls, etc...(we all pretty much have the same set up) so they came in and painted it. She's not making any friends around the office. We were wondering who was going to get stuck with her. Looks like I'm it. Sigh.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline SaintLouieWoman

« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2008, 01:28:34 PM »
I called my boss and told him I'd be in late, waiting for the tree guy so all the debris can be removed from the yard and the large limb that's still dangling, ready to fall can be cut down.

He's STILL not here, but I'm sure he has a lot of other places to stop.

And I talked to the insurance broker. I'm not sure that we'll be able to be reimbursed for anything, unless that portion of the gutter that was pulled away is a whole lot more expensive than I think it will be. Need to find someone to come out and give an estimate. Drat, have a lot to do this week at work and don't have much more time for this.

Going to have to leave, guess I'll just miss the tree guy.

Offline Zeus

« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2008, 02:21:58 PM »
I called my boss and told him I'd be in late, waiting for the tree guy so all the debris can be removed from the yard and the large limb that's still dangling, ready to fall can be cut down.

And I talked to the insurance broker. I'm not sure that we'll be able to be reimbursed for anything, unless that portion of the gutter that was pulled away is a whole lot more expensive than I think it will be. Need to find someone to come out and give an estimate. Drat, have a lot to do this week at work and don't have much more time for this.

I'll come upand clear the tree out of the yard and Replace the rain gutters. All for the low cash price of 36K. :thatsright:

There is your estimate.Now you got 2 options, pay me or do the job yourself.I heard y'all do have a chainsaw and I'm pretty sure Lowes or Home Depot sell rain gutters. :evillaugh:

It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2008, 09:16:56 PM »
My day was okay.  I got some angry, raging freak of a woman on the phone that screamed at me for about ten minutes before I was able to find out what she wanted.  It was embarassing.  Everybody stopped what they were donig and turned around to watch me.  Thats how loud she was yelling.  After that, the rest of my day seemed kind of boring. 

And I picked up a pair of calipers.  Got mah fingers crossed.  Still have a couple of electrical problems to deal with.
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline SaintLouieWoman

« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2008, 09:21:43 PM »

I'll come upand clear the tree out of the yard and Replace the rain gutters. All for the low cash price of 36K. :thatsright:

There is your estimate.Now you got 2 options, pay me or do the job yourself.I heard y'all do have a chainsaw and I'm pretty sure Lowes or Home Depot sell rain gutters. :evillaugh:

The problem is the chain saw we got is too small for those bigger limbs. We got a Black and Decker battery powered small saw. And I need someone who knows what they're doing to properly trim that tree. If it needs to be taken down, professional equipment is needed. It's a huge tree.

Offline RobJohnson

« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2008, 04:34:30 AM »
My day was okay.  I got some angry, raging freak of a woman on the phone that screamed at me for about ten minutes before I was able to find out what she wanted. 

:rotf:

My day, like most days went very well.

In fact, I just got home. A co worker and I went out for a while and had a really good time.