Author Topic: Vermont town to vote on arresting Bush, Cheney  (Read 3217 times)

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
Vermont town to vote on arresting Bush, Cheney
« on: January 27, 2008, 09:25:15 PM »
BRATTLEBORO — Brattleboro residents will vote at town meeting on whether President George Bush and Vice President Dick Cheney should be indicted and arrested for war crimes, perjury or obstruction of justice if they ever step foot in Vermont.

The Brattleboro Select Board voted 3-2 Friday to put the controversial item on the Town Meeting Day warning.

According to Town Clerk Annette Cappy, organizers of the Bush-Cheney issue gathered enough signatures, and it was up to the Select Board whether Brattleboro voters would consider the issue in March.

Cappy said residents will get to vote on the matter by paper balloting March 4.

Kurt Daims, 54, of Brattleboro, the organizer of the petition drive, said Friday the debate to get the issue on the ballot was a good one. Opposition to the vote focused on whether the town had any power to endorse the matter.

"It is an advisory thing," said Daims, a retired prototype machinist and stay-at-home dad of three daughters.

So far, Vermont is the only state Bush hasn't visited since he became president in 2001.

Daims said the most grievous crime committed by Bush and Cheney was perjury — lying to Congress and U.S. citizens about the basis of a war in Iraq.

He said the latest count showed a total of 600,000 people have died in the war.

Daims also said he believed Bush and Cheney were also guilty of espionage for spying on American people and obstruction of justice, for the politically generated firings of U.S. attorneys.

http://www.rutlandherald.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080126/NEWS04/801260359/1003/NEWS02

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: Vermont town to vote on arresting Bush, Cheney
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2008, 09:31:10 PM »
Awww, how cute, those people in Vermont actually think they can do something.   :rotf:   

Talk about a waste of tax dollars.   Then again, it seems the folks up there really do not care, even if it's just a symbolic gesture (paper ballots cost money!)
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2008, 09:42:07 PM »
The President and Vice-President should both arrange to vacation in Vermont this August.  They should then buy up as much land as possible and donate it to the Boys Scouts.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2008, 09:45:39 PM »
The article goes on to say the indictments would be the "law of the town of Brattleboro that the Brattleboro police ... arrest and detain George Bush and Richard Cheney in Brattleboro, if they are not duly impeached ..."

Wonder if they'd ask for volunteers from the police force to do the arresting? Can you picture it?....a Secret Service detail staring down the local LEO's? I've a feeling there would end up being a "Now Hiring" sign in the window of the Brattleboro PD the next day.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2008, 05:47:53 AM »
Memo to Brattleboro moonbats:  You and what army?

Seriously, stick to what you know--B&B's, snow, and maple syrup.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2008, 06:37:32 AM »

The army of white light and photocopied hands.  :mental:

Offline PatriotGame

• Look at my BIG feet! Woof!
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2008, 10:49:13 AM »

Don't forget smudge pots. Burning smudge pots will increase the chances of arresting Bush and Cheney by0.00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000003928443%
« Last Edit: January 28, 2008, 03:24:11 PM by PatriotGame »
           ►☼Liberals Are THE Root of ALL Evil!☼◄

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2008, 06:41:00 PM »
Uh, right............
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2008, 06:54:13 PM »

Don't forget smudge pots. Burning smudge pots will increase the chances of arresting Bush and Cheney by0.00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000003928443%

+ + + =

Believe, brother, believe.  :mental: :lmao:

Offline Hawkgirl

• Alpha Female
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2008, 07:42:03 PM »
These barking moonbats have been spiking thier maple syrup with some pretty good sheee-at.
 :lmao:

Offline Freeper

• Topic Moderator
  • Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2008, 11:10:53 PM »
 :rotf: :rotf: :lmao: :lmao: :evillaugh: :evillaugh:
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2008, 11:16:48 PM »
I've a feeling there would end up being a "Now Hiring" sign in the window of the Brattleboro PD the next day.

I have a feeling you're right, but am I the only one that would love to see it actually happen? Maybe I'm sadistic. I just think it would be funny as hell seeing a bunch of moonbats being mowed down by trying to harm and/or detain the President.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site