Author Topic: Has anyone seen "Something the Lord Made"?  (Read 2850 times)

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
Has anyone seen "Something the Lord Made"?
« on: January 26, 2008, 05:14:07 PM »
I see movies like that, about how black people were treated back then and seriously want to tell Jackson and Sharpton to STFU. Damn, good movie based on a true story, but it pissed me off to no end. Like Tuskegee Airmen, Men of Honor, and Rosewood. I know it's probably the only thing some people knew in the past but I don't think there is a way I could have ever treated someone like that based on something like color.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Something_The_Lord_Made

Jesse and Al need to seriously STFU. They think it's bad? They think America sucks? I wish I could time machine their asses back to that time if they think it's so bad now.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
Re: Has anyone seen "Something the Lord Made"?
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2008, 05:36:55 PM »
Stop bumping my post down, f'er.  :lmao:
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2008, 07:39:09 PM »
On the contrary, Jesse and Al need to study those episodes and learn how REAL MEN excelled in spite of adversity and injustice rather than running around with bullhorns demanding handouts.

Of course a lot of whities could learn from these moments as well.

Charles Drew is a particularly heartbreaking episode. He invented the method of seperating blood from plasma so it could be stored but he bled to death after an accident because the hospital he was taken to was for whites only.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2008, 07:50:34 PM »
I'm not sure if that was the movie I saw, but PBS had a documentary on Vivien Thomas some time last year.  It was very good.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2008, 08:07:39 PM »
On the contrary, Jesse and Al need to study those episodes and learn how REAL MEN excelled in spite of adversity and injustice rather than running around with bullhorns demanding handouts.

Of course a lot of whities could learn from these moments as well.

Charles Drew is a particularly heartbreaking episode. He invented the method of seperating blood from plasma so it could be stored but he bled to death after an accident because the hospital he was taken to was for whites only.

That is an urban myth:

http://www.blackinventor.com/pages/charlesdrew.html

Charles Drew died on April 1, 1950 when the automobile he was driving went out of control and turned over. Drew suffered extensive massive injuries but contrary to popular legend was not denied a blood transfusion by an all-White hospital - he indeed received a transfusion but was beyond the help of the experienced physicians attending to him. His family later wrote letters to those physicians thanking them for the care they provided. Over the years, Drew has been considered one of the most honored and respected figures in the medical field and his development of the blood plasma bank has given a second chance of live to millions.

If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2008, 08:14:25 PM »
Freedumb2003:

I humbly--and in this particular instance--gladly accept correction.

Thank-you for pointing this out.

I will leave my first post unedited for educational purposes.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Freeper

• Topic Moderator
  • Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2008, 11:41:41 PM »
Freedumb2003:

Don't feel bad I had always thought that one to be true too.

Then again I had learned in school if you throw a penny off the Empire State building that it would kill a person if it hit them. Mythbusters showed me that one wasn't true.  :-)
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline Zeus

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2008, 01:14:16 AM »
Freedumb2003:

Don't feel bad I had always thought that one to be true too.

Then again I had learned in school if you throw a penny off the Empire State building that it would kill a person if it hit them. Mythbusters showed me that one wasn't true.  :-)

I bet if you throw someone off the Empire State building and they land on a penny that would do some damage. :evillaugh:
It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.