Author Topic: Anti-Americanism in Europe fueled by ignorance  (Read 678 times)

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
Anti-Americanism in Europe fueled by ignorance
« on: September 16, 2008, 11:55:20 AM »
More than 50 percent of Britons believe that polygamy is legal in the United States; in fact, it is illegal in all 50 states. Almost one-third of Britons believe that Americans who have not paid their hospital fees or insurance premiums are not entitled to emergency medical care; in fact, such treatment must be provided by law.

Seventy percent of Britons think the United States has done a worse job than the European Union in reducing carbon emissions since 2000; in fact, America’s rate of growth of carbon emissions has decreased by almost ten percent since 2000, while that of the EU has increased by 2.3 percent.

Eighty percent of Britons believe that “from 1973 to 1990, the United States sold Saddam Hussein more than a quarter of his weapons.” In fact, the United States sold just 0.46 percent of Saddam’s arsenal to him; Russia, France, and China supplied 57 percent, 13 percent, and 12 percent, respectively.

The majority of Britons believe that since the Second World War, the United States has more often sided with non-Muslims than with Muslims. In fact, in 11 out of 12 major conflicts between Muslims and non-Muslims, Muslims and secular forces, or Arabs and non-Arabs, the United States has sided with Muslims and/or Arabs.

Indeed, a new opinion poll finds that British attitudes towards the United States are governed by ignorance of the facts on key issues such as crime, health care, and foreign policy. The survey was commissioned by America in the World, a London-based group that hopes to push back against rampant anti-Americanism in the United Kingdom by dispelling widely held myths about the United States.

But Britons are not the only Europeans who hold unbalanced views of the United States.
SNIP
http://pajamasmedia.com/blog/anti-americanism-in-europe-is-fueled-by-ignorance/
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline thundley4

Re: Anti-Americanism in Europe fueled by ignorance
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2008, 12:52:22 PM »
No surprise really after seeing how the BBC is far to the left.  Think how ill-informed the citizens of the US are from watching/reading only the MSM.

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2008, 02:07:05 PM »
It's a good thing we had that argument back in 1776, otherwise this country would be run by even bigger DUmmies .
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2008, 05:03:05 PM »
It's a good thing we had that argument back in 1776, otherwise this country would be run by even bigger DUmmies .

AMEN
You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.