Author Topic: Trooper admits he tasered Palin's nephew  (Read 811 times)

Offline bijou

Trooper admits he tasered Palin's nephew
« on: September 10, 2008, 02:10:00 PM »
ALASKAN State Trooper Mike Wooten admitted yesterday he had used a Taser stun gun on Sarah Palin's nephew, his stepson, but claimed he was no danger to her family.

Mr Wooten - who is Mrs Palin's former brother-in-law - is at the heart of a legislative investigation into whether the Republican vice-presidential nominee abused her power as Alaska Governor.

The state legislature is investigating whether she fired former public safety commissioner Walt Monegan because he would not dismiss Mr Wooten, who went through a messy divorce from Mrs Palin's sister, Molly.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,24325497-5012748,00.html

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
Re: Trooper admits he tasered Palin's nephew
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2008, 02:12:14 PM »
Yeah, I mean...when the kid is screaming in agony, that really means he is just enjoying the heck out of it.
"Hell is full of good wishes and desires"~St. Bernhard of Clairvaux

"Brave men are found where brave men are honored."~Aristotle

"Generally speaking, the "Way of the Warrior" is resolute acceptance of death."~ Miyamoto Musashi

Offline bijou

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2008, 02:15:26 PM »
I'll add this here, more intrigue in the 'Troopergate' affair
posted by AlaskaErik on Free Republic.
The lead dog on the Troopergate smear campaign has a little explaining to do himself. On his official State of Alaska website he claims to have been in the Marine Corps Reserve in 1977-78 as a private. There is also a reference to (PLC). As a former Marine, this smells fishy. In another story French claims he spent six weeks at Quantico, VA. As every Marine knows, Quantico is where Marine officer training occurs. For French to have been a Marine private he would have had to complete basic training at either Parris Island or San Diego, which takes about three months. I also did a military.com search of Hollis French and came up empty. For Hollis French to claim to have been a Marine Reservist is stretching the truth and an insult to all Marines, past and present ...
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2079174/posts

Offline mamacags

• Smells like teen spirit
  • Little Miss Cranky Pants
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2008, 02:15:33 PM »
Holy smoke!  Palin is related to Greg Grunberg from Heroes!??!?!
All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.
Winston Churchill

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2008, 03:30:05 PM »
Sounds like Hollis was a PLC washout.  I knew a couple of people who went through it many years ago, one completed and one bombed for some medical reasons after a few weeks.  Basically the attendees have to sign papers enlisting in the USMC Reserve as E1s, but they get entry-level seps if they bomb out.  That would explain why someone could claim such a short period of enlistment and a too-short-to-have-completed-it PLC attendance.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Lauri

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2008, 03:32:59 PM »
Holy smoke!  Palin is related to Greg Grunberg from Heroes!??!?!

i thought the same thing!  :-)

Offline Lauri

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2008, 03:35:35 PM »
Medved was discussing this a day or so ago..

His info was that Palin wanted to get rid of the ex brother in law for making threats against her father. as of recently, he was still the cop doing neighborhood watch in her father's area. so the Palin family felt he was a direct and likely threat.

but thats about as much as I know about it so far..

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2008, 03:39:13 PM »
You mean she didn't want to employ a State Trooper who was willing to use a tazer on a 10yo kid?

Wonder how many governors would....or even the superior officer of the Troopers?
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline mamacags

• Smells like teen spirit
  • Little Miss Cranky Pants
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2008, 06:34:09 PM »
I have to share the dumbass bulletin I recieved on MySpace today dealing with this... :whatever:

Court documents show that Judge Suddock was disturbed by the alleged attacks by Palin and her family members on Wooten's behavior and character. "Disparaging will not be tolerated—it is a form of child abuse," the judge told a settlement hearing in October 2005, according to typed notes of the proceedings. The judge added: "Relatives cannot disparage either. If occurs [sic] the parent needs to set boundaries for their relatives.
"

If the judge felt the need to warn Palin's family then it must have been pretty bad. See the full article below....

An Anchorage judge three years ago warned Sarah Palin and members of her family to stop "disparaging" the reputation of Alaska State Trooper Michael Wooten, who at the time was undergoing a bitter separation and divorce from Palin's sister Molly.

Allegations that Palin, her husband Todd, and at least one top gubernatorial aide continued to vilify Wooten—after Palin became Alaska's governor and pressured state police officials to take action against him—are at the center of "Troopergate," a political and ethical controversy which has embroiled Palin's administration and is currently the subject of an official inquiry by a special investigator hired by the state legislature.

Court records obtained by NEWSWEEK show that during the course of divorce hearings three years ago, Judge John Suddock heard testimony from an official of the Alaska State Troopers' union about how Sarah Palin—then a private citizen—and members of her family, including her father and daughter, lodged up to a dozen complaints against Wooten with the state police. The union official told the judge that he had never before been asked to appear as a divorce-case witness, that the union believed family complaints against Wooten were "not job-related," and that Wooten was being "harassed" by Palin and other family members.

Court documents show that Judge Suddock was disturbed by the alleged attacks by Palin and her family members on Wooten's behavior and character. "Disparaging will not be tolerated—it is a form of child abuse," the judge told a settlement hearing in October 2005, according to typed notes of the proceedings. The judge added: "Relatives cannot disparage either. If occurs [sic] the parent needs to set boundaries for their relatives.
"

A spokesperson for the law firm that represented Palin's sister, now known as Molly Hackett, said Hackett's lawyer would have no comment because custody issues are still in litigation. Other lawyers representing Sarah Palin in connection with the state legislative investigation—which is examining whether she abused her powers as governor in trying to have Wooten fired or disciplined—had no immediate comment. Palin's official gubernatorial spokeswoman did not respond to e-mails and a phone message requesting comment.

Wooten's lawyer also did not respond to messages requesting comment. John Cyr, executive director of the State Troopers union, who testified at the divorce hearing and is acting as Wooten's spokesman, said Wooten has avoided giving media interviews because he wants to avoid criticizing his former relatives (to date, Wooten has granted just one interview, to CNN).

As the divorce case dragged on, the judge's concern about family "disparagement" appeared to deepen. In an order signed Jan. 31, 2006, which granted Palin's sister and Wooten a final divorce decree, Judge Suddock continued to express concern about attacks by Palin's family on Wooten. The judge even threatened to curb Palin's sister's child custody rights if family criticism of Wooten continued.

In monitoring how a joint-custody arrangement worked out, the judge said in his order that he would pay particular attention to problems noted by a "custody investigator," specifically "the disparagement of the father [Wooten] by the mother [Molly Hackett, Sarah Palin's sister] and her family members.
"

All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.
Winston Churchill