Author Topic: Riot breaks out on Evergreen College campus  (Read 2981 times)

Offline Lauri

Riot breaks out on Evergreen College campus
« on: February 15, 2008, 11:19:08 AM »
Riot breaks out on Evergreen College campus

07:13 AM PST on Friday, February 15, 2008

Associated Press and CHRIS DANIELS / KING 5 News

Riot erupts during concert at Evergreen State College OLYMPIA, Wash. - A concert at The Evergreen State College ended in a riot in which a Thurston County sheriff's patrol car was overturned and looted.

State Patrol Trooper Brandy Kessler says officers were pelted by rocks in the disturbance early Friday but there were no serious injuries.

She says it began about 1:30 a.m. when a fight broke out at a Dead Prez concert and a campus police officer arrested a suspect for misdemeanor assault.

When the suspect was taken into custody, the band onstage reportedly encouraged the crowd to do something about the situation. A crowd of roughly 25 people then surrounded the officer's car, saying let him go, so she called for backup.

Thurston County deputies responded and removed the campus officer and her car and released the suspect, since they already had his identification.

KING

A concert at The Evergreen State College ended in a riot where a Thurston County sheriff's patrol car was overturned and looted.
When a deputy's car wouldn't start, the crowd overturned it, broke out the windows and sprayed some graffiti. Kessler says the deputy's laptop computer and a radar gun were stolen. No weapons were lost. Another patrol car had graffiti but no other damage.

Troopers and a Thurston County SWAT team dispersed the crowd with no more arrests. After an hour, officers had control of the situation.

http://www.king5.com/topstories/stories/NW_021508WAB_evergreen_riot_LJ.c4593320.html

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
Re: Riot breaks out on Evergreen College campus
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2008, 11:21:22 AM »
Isn't that a huge moonbat college?
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Lauri

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2008, 11:28:30 AM »

oh yes - its where Rachel "Pancake" Corrie went to school. its full of raging eco warriors who usually burn down people's houses...

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2008, 11:34:49 AM »
Two words, Fragmentation Grenade.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2008, 11:35:22 AM »
Pancake!!! I forgot about her....

Are they E.L.F.??? I have a special hatred for them. They (or an affliate group) burned down a part of our old condo complex while it was being built. We didn't know about it (happened before we ever lived in this state) but discovered it when we had problems with the unit - we unknowingly ended up in the re-built section and it apparently not reconstructed well.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2008, 11:44:25 AM »
 :dozer:
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2008, 02:05:12 PM »
I've heard Evergreen is full of moonbats. Same goes with Sarah Lawrence College and Reed College. I wonder which college is the most radical?
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Lauri

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2008, 03:22:08 PM »
Pancake!!! I forgot about her....

Are they E.L.F.??? I have a special hatred for them. They (or an affliate group) burned down a part of our old condo complex while it was being built. We didn't know about it (happened before we ever lived in this state) but discovered it when we had problems with the unit - we unknowingly ended up in the re-built section and it apparently not reconstructed well.

Evergreen State College, and other assorted moonbat institutions in the Northwest, breed a special kind of moonbat terrorist that typically joins up with ELF and ALF and anything that worships plants and animals over humans and neighborhoods.

These ELF idiots burned down a section of the UW campus where they held botanicals that were over a hundred years old. The idiotic kids assumed some dangerous mistreatment of plants was going on in the labs - so they doomed the university to losing hundreds of thousands of dollars in completed research - and this is a teaching hospital here that is top notch.

I havent ever seen the Evergreen state college website, but I assume Terrorism 101 is front and center of any degree plan.

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2008, 03:40:07 PM »

whiff of grapeshot . . . . problem solved.

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2008, 03:40:49 PM »

oh yes - its where Rachel "Pancake" Corrie went to school. its full of raging eco warriors who usually burn down people's houses...

:bwah:

Offline Rebel Yell

• Redneck with a Brain
  • One more month, and I can forget about Obama.
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2008, 03:43:14 PM »
Should have been handled more like Kent State.  IMO, the cop whose car was surrounded was well within her right to use deadly force.
I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2008, 07:28:15 AM »
Two words, Fragmentation Grenade.

I was thinking of two other words: White Phosphorus.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2008, 07:30:20 AM »

Oh, you think THAT'S funny?

http://www.soundpolitics.com/archives/005852.html

And these were her FRIENDS!
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Lauri

« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2008, 04:40:30 PM »

Oh, you think THAT'S funny?

http://www.soundpolitics.com/archives/005852.html

And these were her FRIENDS!

that is hilarious  :lmao: ... I am sorta sorry she died. Being that its pretty difficult to outrun a bulldozer running 2 mph..

you read Sound Politics Sparky?? Stefan is a local hero here for Dems and GOPers who want the votes counted.. our next election should be quite entertaining... again.  :whatever:

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2008, 04:58:51 PM »

I was thinking of two other words: White Phosphorus.

I like that idea. Don't forget napalm too.  :evillaugh:
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du