Author Topic: Chruch of Scientology's website hacked.  (Read 3949 times)

Offline Full-Auto

• Topic Moderator
Chruch of Scientology's website hacked.
« on: January 22, 2008, 08:13:01 AM »
It seems that the recent release of the Tom Cruise video (which was promptly removed from YouTube under threat of legal action by the chruch) prompted a group calling itself "anonymous" to attack the churches website.  They also are claiming they will go after any future sites.

Here's a screen shot of the churches site as of this morning:

Here's a video the hackers posted on YouTube.

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCbKv9yiLiQ[/youtube]


Offline Full-Auto

• Topic Moderator
Re: Chruch of Scientology's website hacked.
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2008, 08:16:51 AM »
Ha!  Someone else posted the Tom Cruise video on YouTube.

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFBZ_uAbxS0[/youtube]

If you're wondering what "KSW" is, well...  here's a complete list of acronyms used by the "church".

http://www.xenu-directory.net/glossary/glossary_a.htm



Offline Full-Auto

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2008, 08:18:44 AM »
Wow, I just watched the video again and I heard Tom talk about "criminals"... we all know what "criminals" are, right?  Well the church, according to the website referenced above, has it's own meaning.

Criminal
   to C    to index

1. One who is unable to think of the other fellow, unable to determine his own actions, unable to follow orders, unable to make things grow, unable to determine the difference between good and evil, unable to think at all on the future. Anybody has some of these; the criminal has ALL of them.

2. One who thinks help cannot be on any dynamic or uses help on anyone to injure and destroy.

3. Criminals are people who are frantically attempting to create an effect long after they know they cannot. They cannot then create decent effects, only violent effects. Neither can they work. (from TD)


Offline jtyangel

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2008, 08:30:32 AM »
It is a church for the self-important from everything I have read. It runs contradictory to Christian belief that in God's eyes we are on a level playing field. Let Tom feel important. A fleeting reference to him in a tiny section of a art and culture in a history book won't compare to eternal life in the arms of a loving God. I pity him, I really do.

As for the hacking, I don't condone it, even if it is to an organization as reprehensible as the Church of Scientology. I wonder who is getting horse whipped at the church for the release of that video though.

Offline Full-Auto

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2008, 08:36:12 AM »
I won't go so far as to day I condone the hacking of the site, but I wouldn't hesitate to buy the hackers a beer.   :uhsure:



Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2008, 08:40:37 AM »
It is a church for the self-important from everything I have read. It runs contradictory to Christian belief that in God's eyes we are on a level playing field. Let Tom feel important. A fleeting reference to him in a tiny section of a art and culture in a history book won't compare to eternal life in the arms of a loving God. I pity him, I really do.

As for the hacking, I don't condone it, even if it is to an organization as reprehensible as the Church of Scientology. I wonder who is getting horse whipped at the church for the release of that video though.

I don't mind the hacking.  I am all for it when it happens to terrorists websites, and I don't want to be two-faced.  Shut'em down!

I didn't understand one thing that Tom :mental: Cruise was saying.  It was a rambling mess.  I do have a couple of questions which someone more learned about this could answer:

Is Cruise's "interview" a video Sci-Fi's made and use?

Why do they object to it being on YouTube? :mental:

BTW, the Anonymous video is awesome!

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2008, 08:54:55 AM »
I won't go so far as to day I condone the hacking of the site, but I wouldn't hesitate to buy the hackers a beer.   :uhsure:

I know, FA. I'm sorry if I implied you condoned it, that's truly not what I meant.

Offline lastparker

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2008, 08:59:01 AM »
Argh - I'm hobbled today.... my computer is kaput and the one I'm using has no speakers.... What's the gist of his "message"?
Cursing is the crutch of the inarticulate mother****er, DUmmies.   -NHSparky

Deadbeats eating mushroom duxelles and dandelion salad with a shallot vinaigrette are still deadbeats.    -GOBUCKS

Offline jendf

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2008, 09:48:23 AM »
Tom Cruise is a whack job and his "church" is a cult. Let the hacking commence!

Offline Full-Auto

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2008, 09:57:19 AM »

I know, FA. I'm sorry if I implied you condoned it, that's truly not what I meant.
Oh no, I didn't think that you had!  I realized you were just expressing your own opinion.


Offline Full-Auto

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2008, 09:59:23 AM »
Argh - I'm hobbled today.... my computer is kaput and the one I'm using has no speakers.... What's the gist of his "message"?
Basically it's a computerize voice talking about how "we are anonymous" and how they are responsible for shutting the churches website down.  They go on to say that due to the release of the Tom Cruise video they felt it was necessary to enlighten the members of the church to the true nature of Scientology.  They threaten to continue their crusade for as long as it takes to banish the church from the internet forever.


Offline lastparker

« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2008, 10:43:41 AM »
Basically it's a computerize voice talking about how "we are anonymous" and how they are responsible for shutting the churches website down.  They go on to say that due to the release of the Tom Cruise video they felt it was necessary to enlighten the members of the church to the true nature of Scientology.  They threaten to continue their crusade for as long as it takes to banish the church from the internet forever.

Thanks!!  :-)

All Tom's messages are belong to them.
Cursing is the crutch of the inarticulate mother****er, DUmmies.   -NHSparky

Deadbeats eating mushroom duxelles and dandelion salad with a shallot vinaigrette are still deadbeats.    -GOBUCKS

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2008, 12:07:12 PM »
We should all be afraid of Tom and his crazy cult. http://www.clambake.org/archive/books/bfm/bfmconte.htm

People have died because of their tactics. http://theunfunnytruth.ytmnd.com/ - disturbing images of dead people be forewarned.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Gwitness

• Leave that thing alone.
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2008, 08:25:58 PM »
word is, is that 4chan did it.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2008, 08:30:10 PM »
Chruch of Scientology is a sham. Even the late L. Ron Hubbard said that.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Hawkgirl

• Alpha Female
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2008, 08:33:17 PM »
What happened to the cute kid dancing in his underwear during Risky Business? :mental:

Offline RedTail

• I can has title? ^_^
  • A little bit of Anti-Hero goes a LONG way.
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2008, 10:54:36 AM »
What happened to the cute kid dancing in his underwear during Risky Business? :mental:

He met an older lady with great knockers who seduced him into a cult...and never really thanked her. . .maybe the knockers had something to do with it?

*TKay*