Author Topic: Oliver Stone to make George W Bush biopic  (Read 2561 times)

Offline bijou

Oliver Stone to make George W Bush biopic
« on: January 21, 2008, 01:45:26 PM »
Oliver Stone, the uncompromising director whose subjects have included Presidents John F. Kennedy and Richard Nixon, Alexander the Great and Fidel Castro, has set his sights on the present incumbent of the White House.

The Oscar-winning filmmaker is working on 'Bush', a project focusing on the life and presidency of George W. Bush, Variety reported. The director is in talks with Josh Brolin, currently starring in No Country For Old Men, to play the lead role.

Stone, who has been highly critical of the president, told the entertainment industry trade paper the film would be "a fair, true portrait of the man", examining areas such as his relationship with his father, President George H.W. Bush, his youth, and conversion to Christianity.

It would tackle questions such as "how did Bush go from an alcoholic bum to the most powerful figure in the world?" Stone told Variety. And it would look at the president's "belief that God personally chose him to be president of the United States and his coming into his own with the stunning, pre-emptive attack on Iraq", he added.

"It will contain surprises for Bush supporters and his detractors," said the director, who has spent his career tackling controversial subjects such as the Vietnam War, the Watergate scandal and Salvador Dali.
link

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
Re: Oliver Stone to make George W Bush biopic
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2008, 02:09:18 PM »
Guess this burned out druggie hasn't learned from the other Hollyweird types that anti-America/bash Bush movies aren't big money makers with the viewing public.
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2008, 12:08:58 PM »
*eyeroll* I love how he claims he can be "neutral".
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2008, 12:10:29 PM »
Oliver Stone to make George W Bush hit piece
There -- fixed it.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2008, 12:11:32 PM »
It probably will be just as factual as his JFK.  :whatever:

The only thing that movie had in common with reality is that well, yes, there was a guy named Kennedy and he was president.
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline THA HOUSTON PIMP IS IN DA HOUZ!

• I pimp; you GET pimped.
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2008, 02:37:13 PM »
Pot. Kettle. Black

In previous interviews, Stone has described Bush as "a synthetic person…a C-student at Yale. An ex-alcoholic who believes in Jesus. What could be more dangerous?"

Stone, who has fought his own battles with drink and drugs, attended Yale at the same time as the president but dropped out after a year.

jaggoff has been.   It is quite obvious that he's trying to get this film out before November to help the Dems.

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2008, 02:40:32 PM »
Another thought:   Who the Hell is gonna give him money to make this movie?   He's been making flop after flop recently.

Oops, forgot about George Soros.

:thatsright:

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2008, 02:44:53 PM »
Another thought:   Who the Hell is gonna give him money to make this movie?   He's been making flop after flop recently.

Mark Cuban dumped money into "Redacted", he even came to a military board and tried to justify it along the lines of troop support. There are people out there who will throw money at it.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2008, 02:47:19 PM by JackZip »
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2008, 02:54:36 PM »

Mark Cuban dumped money into "Redacted", he even came to a military board and tried to justify it along the lines of troop support. There are people out there who will throw money at it.

...a fool and his money...

Michael Savage is right; Liberalism IS a mental disorder.

:censored:

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2008, 03:23:13 PM »
Pot. Kettle. Black

In previous interviews, Stone has described Bush as "a synthetic person…a C-student at Yale. An ex-alcoholic who believes in Jesus. What could be more dangerous?"

Stone, who has fought his own battles with drink and drugs, attended Yale at the same time as the president but dropped out after a year.

jaggoff has been.   It is quite obvious that he's trying to get this film out before November to help the Dems.

The director is in talks with Josh Brolin, currently starring in No Country For Old Men, to play the lead role.

If he is just now "in talks", there is no way the movie will be out before the November elections.  Stone's ego will not allow a rushed project.  "JFK" was in post-production mode for months and months and months after the actual filming was finished, which took over a year (if I remember correctly).

A movie about the life of George W. Bush?  That's made-for-TV stuff.  No, this film will not be a success. 

Stone is a has-been director.  No one but himself gets excited about his projects.  President Bush will be a fading memory in a year.  No one will give a flying duck about his "life".  The working title is a real winner, too.  :yawn: