Author Topic: Pamela wants to know what happens  (Read 1684 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Pamela wants to know what happens
« on: March 29, 2020, 03:58:27 PM »
https://www.democraticunderground.com/11473856

Oh my.

demtenjeep (26,784 posts)     Sun Feb 9, 2020, 10:22 PM

what happens if one stops taking insulin as a 9 month type II diabetic?

since I started taking insulin I have ballooned more than 50 lbs

Warpy (97,122 posts)      Sun Feb 9, 2020, 11:53 PM

13. Obviously you need to buy a kitchen scale and dowload a copy

of the ADA diet. Something's wrong and you can't blame it all on the insulin. My best guess says it's a combination of portion control and perhaps eating some of the wrong foods too often. The scale helps the former and the copy of the diet gives you something to aim for with the latter.

I know that's not what you wanted to read, but honestly, diabetes does so much damage to your body when it is uncontrolled that going off insulin is unthinkable. Don't do it.

You are absolutely going to hate this and you get to complain every step of the way. Just think of it as insurance that you will still be with the rest of us to vote that orange shithead out of office.

The alternative is metabolic syndrome leading to congestive heart failure, blindness, kidney disease and ulcers on your feet and legs that can lead to amputation. Diabetes is nothing to fool around with, not even Type II, where you're still making some of your own insulin.

(Wally's has a really nice digitial scale for $8.25, so it doesn't have to break the bank. The ADA diet guidelines are online)
apres moi, le deluge

Offline thundley4

Re: Pamela wants to know what happens
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2020, 04:20:19 PM »
Why do DUmmies keep going to DU for medical advice? Oh wait, she wasn't doing that. She was trolling for sympathy.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2020, 06:48:46 PM »
Why do DUmmies keep going to DU for medical advice? Oh wait, she wasn't doing that. She was trolling for sympathy.

Sympathy and someone to tell her it’s not her fault, she’s not to blame.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline jb2u11

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2020, 09:20:40 PM »
I wonder how her toilet paper supply is holding up. 

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2020, 10:49:51 PM »

Hmmmm.  That's a good question.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2020, 10:06:51 AM »
Hmmmm.  That's a good question.
If they still hose off the elephants, probably alright
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline SVPete

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2020, 10:14:16 AM »
Type 2 diabetes is often/usually a combination of two problems: Knife-Fork-and-Spoon Control; inactivity. So Pam needs to do three things:

1. Cut back on the carbs;

2. Portion control;

3. In addition to normal activity, walk a mile a day for two weeks, then bump it up to two miles a day;

4. Portion control.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline BadCat

• I H8 Liberals
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2020, 10:19:25 AM »
Gee SV, if that's what it takes....Pam is a dead woman.
Help keep America beautiful...deface a liberal.

The Democrat and Republican parties are simply the left and right wings of the same bird of prey.

The road to freedom is paved with dead liberals.

21fadb4221652b86382c8f73526880b7

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2020, 10:24:18 AM »
demtenjeep (26,784 posts)     Sun Feb 9, 2020, 10:22 PM

what happens if one stops taking insulin as a 9 month type II diabetic?

I dunno.  Stop taking it for a month and let us know how it works out for you.
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline jukin

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2020, 08:24:56 PM »
I didn't know type 2 diabetes required insulin. I thought that was for Type 1.  She must be in very poor health. I hope she does not suffer or too long before leaving this mortal coil.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline fatboy

• Does this gun make me look fat?
  • skinnier than the average primitive
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2020, 06:41:05 AM »

It depends!
 :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
"We will bring back our jobs. We will bring back our borders. We will bring back our wealth - and we will bring back our dreams!" -President Donald J. Trump 1/20/17

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2020, 08:09:25 AM »
I didn't know type 2 diabetes required insulin. I thought that was for Type 1.  She must be in very poor health. I hope she does not suffer or too long before leaving this mortal coil.
She is at the "your foot might fall off" level of type II if they are giving her insulin.
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2020, 08:25:30 AM »
She should just do it and find out; report back to the rest of us.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2020, 09:07:04 AM »

In early stages, I think Type 2 is often controllable by meds. Insulin starts being used when meds are no longer working.

Putting all the pieces together, Pam was probably very obese and "pre-diabetic", but either did not visit her doctor or disregarded his warnings. One she was in Type 2, either she still did not see her doctor, or in some way did not follow her doctor's instructions (meds and/or diet). Now her knife, fork, spoon, and inactivity have her on the insulin tightrope. Before and early into Type 2, she probably could have backed out by cutting carbs, increasing protein, reducing portions, and an extra mile or two of daily walking. Now she has to balance diet, activity, and blood sugar vs. insulin (if either get too high she will need to head for the ER).
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Karin

« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2020, 06:25:25 PM »
Just think of it as insurance that you will still be with the rest of us to vote that orange shithead out of office.

Look at that.  Everything, absolutely everything is political.  If you were talking to a close friend about your health concerns, what would be your reaction over such a comment?  We don't really value you, we just want your vote. 

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2020, 11:37:02 AM »
Look at that.  Everything, absolutely everything is political.  If you were talking to a close friend about your health concerns, what would be your reaction over such a comment?  We don't really value you, we just want your vote.

They had a thread about brainwashing over there not long ago. The indicators on that list fit 99% of all their threads. It is amazing. Truly.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2020, 02:35:59 PM »

Type 2 can also require it.  It is a lot smaller dose but when the A1C stars creeping up, even after Metformin and other drugs, you need to add insulin.  Like everything else, the bod develops immunity to some of the drugs like Metformin and then the pancreas insulin production is sub-standard.  I hit myself with 30 units (I think Mcg) a day and it really helps.  The pen needle is so thin I don't even feel it.

Some T2 can get away without insulin -- I did for 20 years.  But over time, the need may arise. 

Note: if she stops taking it she will get nephropathy (pain) in her extremities and has a high probability of going blind and losing her legs and/or feet.  To start with. 
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2020, 02:56:29 PM »

Note: if she stops taking it she will get nephropathy (pain) in her extremities and has a high probability of going blind and losing her legs and/or feet.  To start with.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_sj_U6vObUA
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)