Author Topic: "Hallelujah! I made a breakthrough with my Republican husband!!" (Robyn66)  (Read 904 times)

Offline Tess Anderson

http://www.democraticunderground.com/10021129295

BFD, she managed to get her own husband to agree to vote for Obama again, but he may have been telling her what she wanted to hear just to shut her up:

Tue Aug 14, 2012, 07:44 AM
 Robyn66 (1,103 posts)

Hallelujah! I made a breakthrough with my Republican husband!!
Last edited Tue Aug 14, 2012, 06:24 PM USA/ET - Edit history (1)

Actually he isn't that hard core, I think he actually voted for President Obama (although one never knows what happens in the voting booth)

He isn't really "political" but is Republican because his father is and just says ignorant things like "the Democrats want to pay people not to work bla bla meme meme meme" but last night I got through his thick republican skull.

I will preface this by saying. My husband and I are crazy in love. We have been together since we were 18, we are 46 now, married for 20 years and more in love every day. I almost died when we had our second child and I am three years out from having breast cancer. So women's health issues strike a serious chord with him.

Normally, he doesn't answer the phone, I don't like to either, we figure that is why we have children so we never have to answer the phone or clear the table again  Occasionally, when I do answer the phone I get the Republican surveys or the odd republican phone call which I have fun with. He normally just has no interest talking to anyone anyway.

Anyway, I sat down with him and talked to him about Paul Ryan's stand on Person-hood for zygotes, and not saving the life of the mother and no birth control, and he just sat there listened and then said to me in his normal very soft spoken voice, "The next time the republicans call, I want to talk to them!"

I know he realizes this election is about much more than tax policy now. This is about the lives of women, and it is more important than ever that these people not get in to office!!!!

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
You know, we really need a smiley that looks like a bouncing ball.

Is there some sort of directory or encyclopedia of smileys on the internet, where one can grab one for here?

I have a feeling there's going to be a great need for one the next 81 days.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
They love saying zygote, and fetus, like they will grow into something other than human.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
I thought we had one. :bouncy:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris_

They love saying zygote, and fetus, like they will grow into something other than human.
I imagine they feel the same way about "zygotes" as they do blowing a booger into a napkin. 
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
OMG! I can't think of anything else to say about that idiotic post.
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline Jasonw560

• Is a Juke Box
  • PhD from Sarcastic State
She nagged her poor husband until he told her what she wanted to hear.

He basically just shut her up.
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
-Aristotle

"Metaphors needn't be explained to educated people"-Ted
Nugent

"Life ain't fair. Get over it or wear a helmet" -diesel driver

Offline Chris_

:bouncy:

(although one never knows what happens in the voting booth)
Yes, that's right.  Mind your own business, shrew.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
Anyway, I sat down with him and talked to him about Paul Ryan's stand on Person-hood for zygotes, and not saving the life of the mother and no birth control, and he just sat there listened and then said to me in his normal very soft spoken voice, "The next time the republicans call, I want to talk to them!"

This woman already has kids and doesn't think they were "people" before they were born? 

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
I thought we had one. :bouncy:

To me, that looks like a frog, though.

But if that's all we got, I guess it'll do, and I'm happy.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
HER: It's just a zygote!

HIM: Yes, dear.

HER: Ryan is hates women!

HER: They're taking this country back to the Dark Ages!

--next day--

CO-WOKER: What happened to your car, dude? It's all smashed-up.

HIM: I hit a dear.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline 98ZJUSMC

• The Most Deplorable
  • Now, with 99% less yellow!
She nagged her poor husband until he told her what she wanted to hear.

He basically just shut her up.

That's exactly what he did.  I think if you ran the whole:  "We are more in love..blah, blah,..(BS)....by hubby, you would get a big eyeroll.

Definitely, a bouncy.

Normally, he doesn't answer the phone, I don't like to either, we figure that is why we have children so we never have to answer the phone or clear the table again  Occasionally, when I do answer the phone I get the Republican surveys or the odd republican phone call which I have fun with. He normally just has no interest talking to anyone anyway. 

In the last ten years, I have gotten exactly zero phone calls from Republicans and zero from (D)Ullardcrats.  I have been phone polled once in the last eight years.

Pffft....crap. 

HER: It's just a zygote!

HER: Ryan is hates women!

HER: They're taking this country back to the Dark Ages!

--next day--

CO-WOKER: What happened to your car, dude? It's all smashed-up.

HIM: I hit a dear.

:-)
« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 11:37:00 PM by 98ZJUSMC »

Liberal thinking is a two-legged stool and magical thinking is one of the legs, the other is a combination of self-loating and misanthropy.  To understand it, you would have to be able to sit on that stool while juggling two elephants, an anvil and a fragmentation grenade, sans pin.

"Accuse others of what you do." - Karl Marx

Offline 98ZJUSMC

• The Most Deplorable
This woman already has kids and doesn't think they were "people" before they were born? 

Nope.  Just servants to clear the table after evening gruel and answer the phone.

::)

After they are zygotes, of course.

Liberal thinking is a two-legged stool and magical thinking is one of the legs, the other is a combination of self-loating and misanthropy.  To understand it, you would have to be able to sit on that stool while juggling two elephants, an anvil and a fragmentation grenade, sans pin.

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
Nope.  Just servants to clear the table after evening gruel and answer the phone.

::)

After they are zygotes, of course.

What if they want another bowl of gruel...

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZrgxHvNNUc[/youtube]

Please sir, some more ?
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline shadeaux

She really should listen to her ignorant FIL because I don't think this Obama presidency is working out well for her.  Just sayin'.

Sun Aug 12, 2012, 06:59 PM

Robyn66 (1,103 posts)

Sorry to bug you I am having a really tough night

I am still unemployed and having a more difficult time even finding the required four things to apply for each week. I am now looking in to the gaping maw that is the holidays coming toward me and I will not be able to do anything for my kids. They are 17 and 13 and they totally understand, its me that this is killing. A friend of mine has come through with a two day a week odd jobs kind of thing I can do that may keep my lights on so I guess that is one good thing. I am starting to think that my time as a professional with an office and a decent income are behind me and I am going to have to go back to being in retail like back in college, I really feel like shit. I have been out of work for over four months. To some people that doesn't sound like much time but I am losing who I am and feeling worse every day I go without work.

My brother is going in to brigham and women's hospital tomorrow to have the golf ball sized cyst in his brain looked at. I am terrified for him. He has two young boys one is 4 and 1 is 1 1/2 He is scared to death and I am trying to make him feel better.

I am trying to make jewelry to sell but I am losing confidence in that too. I am going to have to figure out how to do it on line and the website will have to be free-something else that is overwhelming.

I cant afford to get the kids school clothes or haircuts. I haven't had a haircut in four months and look like shit. I just want to crawl under the bed and hide.   

http://www.democraticunderground.com/1018173204

Offline 98ZJUSMC

• The Most Deplorable
What if they want another bowl of gruel...

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZrgxHvNNUc[/youtube]

Please sir, some more ?

:-) :-)

Offline MrsSmith

She really should listen to her ignorant FIL because I don't think this Obama presidency is working out well for her.  Just sayin'.

Ya, but politics is all about womyn, not about jobs!!   ::)

Antifa - the only fascists in America today.

Offline Mr Mannn

I don't think she is married at all. This husband is a fantasy.

Offline Karin

They like the word zygote because it sort of sounds like cyborg, which to say, not human.   She sure sounds down-and-out in that post that Shadeaux posted; you would think she'd have bigger fish to fry than "Person hood for zygotes."

She can't afford to dress her children, or pay for a $10 cut at Supercuts, but she has landline and internet.  She's horrified at the prospect of working retail.  Well, boohoo.  Go ask your messiah why he's demonized business to the point that nobody wants to open one. 

Offline jtyangel

Soooo Robyn sold her weak-minded husband a bunch of lying talking points that her feeble mind bought? Assuming of course this actually happened.  ::)

BTW, Robyn...I wonder if your husband was to go all immoral lib on ya if he would have stood by you through all of your health travails as he has. It's a good thing he's conservative and sees YOUR health as HIS wife as something that is HIS responsibility and didn't leave you to the devices of big government when your health chips were down eh?

***not saying all libs are immoral, but the squishiness of character there would never make me entirely comfortable.

Offline jtyangel

No, no, no BEG...don't you remember how liberals think? :hammer: :-) If they are wanted, then indeed they are people. When they are unwanted they lose all sense of personhood. Funny, I think Hitler thought the same way about Jews didn't he? Unwanted--dehumanized...hmmm

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
Robyn66
, what is a zygote?

Simple question, right?
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline jtyangel

, what is a zygote?

Simple question, right?

Baby=wanted baby in utero

zygote=unwanted baby that someone is trying to dehumanize to justify an immoral view

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
I haven't had a haircut in four months and look like shit.

Par for a democrat.

Offline Bad Dog

• God help me I do love it so

Sounds like the light of her life is unemployed or underemployed.