Author Topic: "The dangers of being a journalist . . . in Mexico" (nadin nutcase)  (Read 333 times)

Offline Tess Anderson

http://www.democraticunderground.com/1002645174

Jockingly, like a jock:

nadinbrzezinski (104,599 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore

The danger of being a journalist... in Mexico
Yesterday I went to buy a sleeve for one of our lenses. I will be covering a large rally today, on a person that is mostly hated here, but hey, it is news.

So I struck a conversation with these two guys who were replacing the first set of cameras of the year. On average they lose a set a quarter. No, not because somebody drops it. More like a mag light or baton falls on it. Sometimes they get lucky and all they have to replace is the somewhat expensive glass.

This is happening just south of the border... and it is either the cops or the drug dealers, sometimes both, that do not want photos taken, period.

So think about that one. And what is happening so close to the United States. They even jockingly offered a job taking photos down there... I declined, I like breathing. In fact, you could say I am addicted to it.

In fact. Mexico is one of the most dangerous places for working journalists.

They bought their gear... and we went to the coffee shop. They gave me tips on how to photograph at a large political rally. And of course they chuckled that they may, probably will not, get the thousands they expect. They follow US Politics, and they have quite the insight on our politics. We were also talking of the July 4th election (Presidential) in Mexico. Now that will be interesting for multiple reasons. Yup, we were talking on how these elections (both nations) could also change how North America looks, since in Mexico there is a lot of resentment on NAFTA... (just in case anybody wondered)

(Ron Paul in case anybody wonders.)

Response to greytdemocrat (Reply #1)
Fri May 4, 2012, 05:50 PM
 zappaman (4,601 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore

3. I care about what a journalist would say about this.

Know any?
:lol:

Offline DumbAss Tanker

Fail.  Not even Mexicans could possibly mistake Nads for a journalist.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Kyle Ricky

Response to greytdemocrat (Reply #1)
Fri May 4, 2012, 05:50 PM
 zappaman (4,601 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore

3. I care about what a journalist would say about this.

Know any?

Now this is funny!  :rotf: You know he is on her iggy list.

I nadin is a journalist, I would hate to be the editor. With how much she sucks as spelling and grammar, he/she would have to go back and re-write everything she does.