Author Topic: OmahaBlueDog gets a free meal at Olive Garden  (Read 1009 times)

Offline Tess Anderson

OmahaBlueDog gets a free meal at Olive Garden
« on: April 22, 2012, 06:37:21 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/1018101632

Piker, but I don't get the breastfeeding reference:

OmahaBlueDog (7,146 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore

So we went to Olive Garden today
There was a festive family occasion to be celebrated.

No, there was no breastfeeding while I was there (at least none that I noted).

So, they have two dishes on their menu that are pretty similar. One is a dish that consists of steak medallions topped with gorgonzola served over fettuccine. the other is steak medallions encrusted with parmesian served over a bed of tortelloni. I ordered the first one. My meal came. I was hungry. I started eating. I got about half way through when a very contrite server came over to announce they brought me the wrong entree. They brought me the second entree by mistake.

They could have simply kept their mouths shut. I told them it was no problem; I was enjoying what I'd been served.

Instead, I got to keep the "wrong entree" and received what I ordered in a to-go box for no additional charge.

It's not winning lotto, but it's little things in life that sometimes make me happy. 

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
Re: OmahaBlueDog gets a free meal at Olive Garden
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2012, 06:52:20 PM »
Love Olive Garden, Carrabba's, Macaroni Grill, Buca di Beppo.

DUmpmonkeys love to say any chain restaurant is crap, but of course they're morons.

The only difference between them and Italian restaurants that charge twice as much is the price.

Offline Big Dog

• ^^Smokes cigars and knows things.
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2012, 07:00:14 PM »

He sounded disappointed.
Government is the negation of liberty.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline sybilll

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2012, 07:23:59 PM »
I misread the headline as ObamaBlueDog, and I assumed he WAS the entree.

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2012, 07:40:38 PM »

Breastfeeding at olive Garden is a running gag at DU. I'm not sure what started it, but I assume there must have been a news story of someone breast feeding at an Olive Garden.
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline DLR Pyro

Re: Re: OmahaBlueDog gets a free meal at Olive Garden
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2012, 09:03:15 PM »
You should have given the "free" meal to a homeless person you selfish prick.
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
Re: Re: OmahaBlueDog gets a free meal at Olive Garden
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2012, 09:56:33 PM »
You should have given the "free" meal to a homeless person you selfish prick.
He's homelessist.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2012, 10:09:45 PM »
Olive Garden...bleah.  Microwaves and warming plates. Bertucci's is light-years better, to say nothing of the plethora of outstanding Italian places in the North End, up Route 1 through Danvers, into Portsmouth and into Maine. Hell, there's a little hole in the wall place in Barrington that puts virtually any Italian chain place to shame for close to the same price.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Revolution

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • 8/20/50 - 3/8/12 Love you, Pop
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2012, 12:33:51 AM »
Their braised beef, and tortellini. 'Nuff said.  :naughty:

I will ALWAYS stand up for Olive Garden. I could eat their Pasta Fejule all day with breadsticks for dippin'.

:usflag: :salutearmy: :saluteaf: :saluteusmc: :salutenavy: :taps:
THANK YOU for what you do!

soon as you find your manhood all else falls into place.

Quote from: Greg Gutfeld
If Ft. Hood was "workplace violence," then the Hindenburg was an air show.

Guns do not kill people. Rotting, festering, disgusting, grimy, evil, un-reparable souls kill people.

I don't know if sand glows in the dark, but we're gonna find out.

3x PROUD Facebook Felon!!

Offline docstew

• My Wife is awesome!
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2012, 06:44:39 AM »

DUmpmonkeys love to say any chain restaurant is crap, but of course they're morons.

The only difference between them and Italian restaurants that charge twice as much is the price.

I refuse to eat at Olive Garden anymore, not since there was an outbreak of Hep B here in Fayetteville, NC, that was traced to one of the kitchen staff.

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2012, 07:37:04 AM »
Olive Garden...bleah.  Microwaves and warming plates. Bertucci's is light-years better, to say nothing of the plethora of outstanding Italian places in the North End, up Route 1 through Danvers, into Portsmouth and into Maine. Hell, there's a little hole in the wall place in Barrington that puts virtually any Italian chain place to shame for close to the same price.

A place called Momma D's just before the Sara Long Bridge into Maine was the best of the best.   It is still there under new management--------

We went for years to that eatery, they had a huge bowl of salad with a dressing to die for, bread sticks  an entire meal to leisurely much on and have a cocktail of two.  The food if ordering an entree was on a huge plate few could finish 3/4 of it.   

About 10 years ago it sold out to new management,  unfortunately the recipes did not go with the sale.  We stop perhaps every 2 years since but leave disappointed, just not the same. 

We did find by accident a restaurant in D.C. that had been in the family since 1939.   WOW, my parents may have eaten there.  Hubby who was raised on Italion food cooked by his grandmother was ecstatic,  first time in 50+ years had he eaten this kind of food, straight from the Old Country.   

Have to remember when eating Italian food there are 4 kinds of regional cooking all different from the other. Then there is the bastardised cooking that spread about the world according to  the taste of each country.   

Offline VivisMom

« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2012, 08:19:42 AM »

I love Buca, if only for the kitschy decor. The food is decent, but the atmosphere keeps me coming back.

Maggiano's is my favorite. Almost as good as the food I had in Italy.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2012, 08:29:09 AM »
I love Buca, if only for the kitschy decor. The food is decent, but the atmosphere keeps me coming back.

Maggiano's is my favorite. Almost as good as the food I had in Italy.

There was one at South Coast Plaza when I lived in SoCal.  Huge waits every time we went there.  It was okay, but not worth waiting two hours.  Buca wasn't bad if you had 3-4 people, other than the one time the Buca in Huntington Beach first opened.  Sat there for OVER two hours and got NO food.  Told the manager as we were on our way out the door. 

THAT was the only time I've ever felt the need to get a free meal from a restaurant, and the manager came through.

I still can't fathom how there's an Olive Garden in Times Square when there are literally a hundred places better than it within a 10-minute walk.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline hillneck

« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2012, 08:55:04 AM »
Breastfeeding at olive Garden is a running gag at DU. I'm not sure what started it, but I assume there must have been a news story of someone breast feeding at an Olive Garden.

That breast feeding incident happened here in Indiana a few years ago.  Wasn't a super big deal the women was breast feeding in Olive Garden and was asked to cover up or leave.
In battle you have to show no mercy for mercy comes after the war when you still have the freedom to ask for it.

"Montani Semper Liberi"

Pray as if God will take care of all; act as if all is up to you.

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2012, 10:16:19 AM »
That breast feeding incident happened here in Indiana a few years ago.  Wasn't a super big deal the women was breast feeding in Olive Garden and was asked to cover up or leave.

Insane these folks, are they all Gay that are jealous of the woman using their breasts for what God intended ??

NUTS, this is not about public nudity, not about sex,  not about Boobies on display for no reason,  this is about human life.

Has anyone been thrown out of a restaurant for picking their nose, scratching their butts, burping, sneezing or farting ???

As the Libs may ask, is this an assult against woman and motherhood ?????    What the big company's that manufacture the baby bottles and formula are at war with woman who choose to breast feed ?????

I have no problem with a woman feeding her child in public, to demand cover up is to place the woman into the position she is doing something shamefull out of the sight of decent folks.  A God intended act is now to feel shame.

To me there is nothing so beautiful then a baby suckling on the mothers breast, be the mother human, a horse dog, cat or dog.      Whats the matter with people that find disgust at seeing a baby anything being fed ???

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2012, 11:15:57 AM »
We live in the US version of the Italian food capital of the world (the NY tri-state area) and would you believe the Olive Gardens have like a 1 hour wait on the weekends to get in? I do like the food, but we have Italian Restaurants up the wazoo here.
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2012, 12:27:15 PM »
We live in the US version of the Italian food capital of the world (the NY tri-state area) and would you believe the Olive Gardens have like a 1 hour wait on the weekends to get in? I do like the food, but we have Italian Restaurants up the wazoo here.
Up the wazoo. What a great name for a restaurant. Wasn't one of the enlightened ones complaining about how bad the spaghetti dinner fund raisers were ? Up the wazoo couldn't be any worse.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline Revolution

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • 8/20/50 - 3/8/12 Love you, Pop
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2012, 05:26:35 PM »
Vesta strikes again.

There was one at South Coast Plaza when I lived in SoCal.  Huge waits every time we went there.  It was okay, but not worth waiting two hours.  Buca wasn't bad if you had 3-4 people, other than the one time the Buca in Huntington Beach first opened.  Sat there for OVER two hours and got NO food.  Told the manager as we were on our way out the door. 

THAT was the only time I've ever felt the need to get a free meal from a restaurant, and the manager came through.

I still can't fathom how there's an Olive Garden in Times Square when there are literally a hundred places better than it within a 10-minute walk.

I saw like, 7 McDonald's when I was there, and I didn't go everywhere. They probably have a restaurant of every chain just in Times Square. Let alone Manhattan as a whole.

:usflag: :salutearmy: :saluteaf: :saluteusmc: :salutenavy: :taps:
THANK YOU for what you do!

soon as you find your manhood all else falls into place.

Quote from: Greg Gutfeld
If Ft. Hood was "workplace violence," then the Hindenburg was an air show.

Guns do not kill people. Rotting, festering, disgusting, grimy, evil, un-reparable souls kill people.

I don't know if sand glows in the dark, but we're gonna find out.

3x PROUD Facebook Felon!!