Author Topic: "The older I get, the less tolerant I am with GOP friends/relatives" (logical)  (Read 933 times)

Offline Tess Anderson

http://www.democraticunderground.com/1002539421

Logical (4,242 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore

The older I get, the less tolerant I am with GOP friends/relatives....
I used to be able to tolerate them. The GOP seemed less nutty and less radical 15 years ago.

Now they all seem like they are totally insane. No logic. No facts.

I hate to try to sound smarter than any of my GOP friends but I honestly cannot get ONE of them to justify their stances on any issue. They cannot defend their policy's. They cannot tell me why they hate what Obama has done. And any facts they provide are easily countered without a return argument from them.

I have less and less patience and respect for them.

Makes it hard to remain friends with people I have no intellectual respect for.

Maybe I am just getting old and grumpy!

"policy's"  ::)
[Response to Logical (Original post)
Mon Apr 9, 2012, 07:49 PM
 Sarah Ibarruri (17,914 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore

4. I must be too, 'cause I'm getting less and less able to stomach the a-holes! nt

:lol:
baldguy (27,456 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore

16. Easter with my Tea Bagger cousin was hell.

First, we were talking about the weather. Simple, right? Not really. After I said we'd been spoiled last month with the 80 degree daytime highs, he jumps in saying it's been too cold this past week. And they had a record snow storm in Anchorage AK. "Global warming, my ass!" 

Later, he was talking about the shit he's had to deal with from his health insurance company. A little background: This guy is in his mid-50s. He's never spent more that 5 yrs at any job he's ever had, and the jobs he's had have been barely enough to keep him in the middle-class. He's got no savings, no job currently, and he's also had various health problems his entire life. He only has any kind of health insurance at all through the kindness of his ex-wife and her employer allowing him to piggy-back onto her policy through her work.

Over the last year, he got some kind of weird auto-immune disease that kept him in the hospital for 8 months. He only got out in October. Since then, he's been out of work and the doctors have been putting him through a bunch of tests still trying figure out what happened. In February, he got a letter from the insurance co telling him that he and his 20-yr-old son had both been dropped retroactive to last June and that he owed them $200k. He called his lawyer (also paid by the ex-wife) and, after several anxious weeks, got everything straightened out.

But here's the thing: HE'S TOTALLY CLUELESS AS TO WHY THAT MAY HAVE HAPPENED & WHO'S RESPONSIBLE.

He still thinks Obamacare is an "unconstitutional intrusion on my civil rights" and will put his trust in the soulless corporation who'd just as soon see him dead & bankrupt over a govt agency created specifically to help people just like him. He can't fathom the idea that, if his wish to repeal Obamacare came true and if he lost his insurance HE WOULD HAVE BEEN TOTALLY SCREWED!! And his kid too!!

I had to bite my tongue to keep from pointing out what a ****ING IDIOT he was being, out of respect for my aunt. She's a Tea Bagger, too. But at least she tries to enforce the "no politics" rule at family gatherings.
:lol:

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
I hate to try to sound smarter 
They cannot defend their policy's.

Mission accomplished, dude.

And God slowly strangles another kitten.

Offline Ogre

• What Cat?
[Response to Logical (Original post)
Mon Apr 9, 2012, 07:49 PM
 Sarah Ibarruri (17,914 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore

4. I must be too, 'cause I'm getting less and less able to stomach the a-holes! nt

Slutty Sarah can only stomach them when they buy her nice things and are good in bed.  :whatever:

Hopefully her boyfriend is a former boyfriend.  I wouldn't wish that b**** on my worst enemy.
"Don't argue about difficulties. The difficulties will argue for themselves."  - Winston Churchill

"Get some lumber, build a bridge, and get the hell over it" - Unknown

Online jukin

The older I get, the less tolerant I am with GOP friends/relatives = my tolerance to the anti-psychotic drugs is kicking in.

When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
The older I get, the less tolerant I am with GOP friends/relatives = my tolerance to the anti-psychotic drugs is kicking in.

The older I get, the less tolerant I am with liberals. 

First, they used to just amuse me.

Then, they began to annoy me.

Now, they just piss me the hell off!!! 

http://www.electstevedawes.com
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline MrsSmith

I used to be able to tolerate them. The GOP seemed less nutty and less radical 15 years ago.

Now they all seem like they are totally insane. No logic. No facts.

I hate to try to sound smarter than any of my GOP friends but I honestly cannot get ONE of them to justify their stances on any issue. They cannot defend their policy's. They cannot tell me why they hate what Obama has done. And any facts they provide are easily countered without a return argument from them.

Logical: "{Insert inane leftist talking point}"

Long-suffering relative:  ::) ::) "{Insert careful, thoughtful, fact-filled answer...again.}"

Logical: "You listen to Faux News!!!!!!" :lalala: :lalala: :lalala: :stoner:

Long-suffering relative:  ::) ::) {Insert silence. After all, DUmmies are impervious to facts.}

Logical: "Haha, I win again!!"

Antifa - the only fascists in America today.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade

You mean high unemployment, high gas prices, high food prices, high misery index, and high debt isn't a satisfying enough argument for you?
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
I am just intolerant of liberals.  That is all.  Oh and www.electstevedawes.com

"An army of deer led by a lion is more to be feared than an army of lions led by a deer." Phillip of Macedonia, father to Alexander.

Offline Karin

And any facts they provide are easily countered without a return argument from them.

Your sentence makes no sense, genius. 

Offline whiffleball

Dear Logical,

If you're intolerant of your friends you aren't their friend.  If you value their friendship you can easily divert a political conversation or make a pact not to discuss politics since it upsets you so.  If you can't do that for the sake of friendship you're not much of a friend.  Same goes for family.

BTW, despite being a genius in your own mind you couldn't even figure out a simple method to save yourself and others you claim to be friends with a lot of grief.  All liberals feel themselves intellectually superior to just about everyone, yet your relationship skills are always severely lacking.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

Your sentence makes no sense, genius. 

I'm not positive, but I think that means his radio is stuck on 'Transmit.'
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39

Translated: The older I get...the more it pisses me off that my Conservative friends/family were right and I was wrong.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Creator of the largest Fight Club thread ever!

http://conservativecave.com/index.php?topic=83285.0

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
Translated: The older I get...the more it pisses me off that my Conservative friends/family were right and I was wrong and I am still a loser.

FIFY

"An army of deer led by a lion is more to be feared than an army of lions led by a deer." Phillip of Macedonia, father to Alexander.

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
DUmbass doesn't seem to realize that people don't respond, for a reason.
I tend to ignore blatent stupidity, and I suspect they do, too.
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Creator of the largest Fight Club thread ever!

http://conservativecave.com/index.php?topic=83285.0

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
DUmbass doesn't seem to realize that people don't respond, for a reason.
I tend to ignore blatent stupidity, and I suspect they do, too.

Is that why you never quote me?  :o

Offline thundley4

Offline Doc Savage

• Challenger of the Democratic faith
I can put up with teenagers and 20 somethings being enthusiastic about the liberal agenda.  That said, for a 50 year old that has had to work and pay taxes for years (hopefully) to be still liberal is beyond me. 
You see, I don't care you how feel.  I really don't.  More importantly, neither does anyone else.  Only about 200 people on a planet of 7 billion actually care about your feelings, and that's if you're lucky.  The sooner you grasp this lesson, the better off you will be.  And since almost no one gives a damn what you do, say, think, or feel, appealing to your feelings when you encounter differences of opinion is not only illogical, but useless.

Offline Skul

• Chief of the cathouse
Is that why you never quote me?  :o
What you mean "never"?  :-)
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!

Offline Skul

• Chief of the cathouse
Dammit! I knew better than to do that!  :banghead:

:lmao:

Offline Airwolf

The older I get, the less tolerant I am with liberals. 

First, they used to just amuse me.

Then, they began to annoy me.

Now, they just piss me the hell off!!! 

http://www.electstevedawes.com

Hi5
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Online jukin

I can put up with teenagers and 20 somethings being enthusiastic about the liberal agenda.  That said, for a 50 year old that has had to work and pay taxes for years (hopefully) to be still liberal is beyond me. 

Problem with your statement and DUchebags is the working part.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.