Author Topic: Fight Boredom! Post a lounge thread - "12 things"  (Read 41083 times)

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: Fight Boredom! Post a lounge thread - "12 things"
« Reply #100 on: June 20, 2008, 06:35:18 PM »
13.  I eat my hamburgers in a circle.  I eat all around the edge, and then move towards the center.  That way my last bite isn't just meat and bread or all bread, it's actually all the fillings too. I do that with regular sandwiches too, but not like a sub or hoagie. 
Probably not a good strategy for a taco either...

No, doesn't work on a taco either.  I always look to see, if on a sub or taco that one end is more full with fillings and which end is just bread or shell.  I always start at the crappy end, again so your last bite is full of filling and such.

I do it with candy too.  I decide what are good colors vs bad colors.  I eat the bad ones first, so I have the good ones at the end. 

I used to do that with women when I was single.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #101 on: June 20, 2008, 06:36:46 PM »
13.  I eat my hamburgers in a circle.  I eat all around the edge, and then move towards the center.  That way my last bite isn't just meat and bread or all bread, it's actually all the fillings too. I do that with regular sandwiches too, but not like a sub or hoagie. 
Probably not a good strategy for a taco either...

No, doesn't work on a taco either.  I always look to see, if on a sub or taco that one end is more full with fillings and which end is just bread or shell.  I always start at the crappy end, again so your last bite is full of filling and such.

I do it with candy too.  I decide what are good colors vs bad colors.  I eat the bad ones first, so I have the good ones at the end. 

I used to do that with women when I was single.

LOL   :lmao:
Stink Eye
"Bloodninja: It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass."

Offline RobJohnson

« Reply #102 on: June 20, 2008, 06:37:52 PM »
13.  I eat my hamburgers in a circle.  I eat all around the edge, and then move towards the center.  That way my last bite isn't just meat and bread or all bread, it's actually all the fillings too.

I so need a cold shower after reading that.

Holy shit.

Wanna meet for a drink?
« Last Edit: June 20, 2008, 06:39:34 PM by RobJohnson »

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #103 on: June 20, 2008, 07:23:42 PM »
1. I hate wasted time to the point of it being a pet peeve.
2. I hate mangos and papayas despite growing up in Miami.
3. My favorite dessert is apple crumble anything(hot) with vanilla bean ice cream on it.
4. On the same note I despise tiramisu--yuck!
5. I love early morning the best out of any time in the day.
6. I get really down if the sun stays away for too long.
7. I have my grandmother's smile, but my grandfather's eyes.
8. My paternal family came over with our 1st president--as indentured servants.
9. My maternal family is more of a mystery since my mother was adopted.
10. I hate when people scrape carpet with their fingers.
11. I hate the feeling of those egg crate things on the bed--*shudder*
12. I'm a female who actually likes beer.  :cheersmate:

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #104 on: June 20, 2008, 07:32:42 PM »

9.  If, while eating a meal, I take a bit of something that is "off" texturally, I'm done eating.  I can't eat any more.

I am so, totally with you. Add to that one of the more keen senses of smell ever and I can be turned off by a meal in a heartbeat if its off.

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #105 on: June 20, 2008, 07:37:29 PM »
I'm sorry jty, did you post something?  I was busy scratching some carpet.

Like nails on a chalkboard :banghead: :banghead:

Offline Chris_

« Reply #106 on: June 20, 2008, 07:38:16 PM »
People scratch carpet?  The only people I've seen do this are crackheads looking for dropped rocks.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #107 on: June 20, 2008, 07:43:57 PM »

You really should do something with those...

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #108 on: June 20, 2008, 07:53:52 PM »
People scratch carpet?  The only people I've seen do this are crackheads looking for dropped rocks.

No, there are no nails involved. My mother used to do this on our stairs when I was a kid to pick up anything that the vacuum didn't get...I hated that noise of the fingers gliding against the carpet.

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #109 on: June 20, 2008, 07:54:20 PM »

You really should do something with those...

Mine are far more appealing then those...and my eyes are brown.  :lmao:

Offline Chris_

« Reply #110 on: June 20, 2008, 08:01:20 PM »

No, there are no nails involved. My mother used to do this on our stairs when I was a kid to pick up anything that the vacuum didn't get...I hated that noise of the fingers gliding against the carpet.

Jesus, I thought MY mom was a clean freak.  Damn.

Offline RobJohnson

« Reply #111 on: June 20, 2008, 08:05:04 PM »

:rotf:

I think they call that "farming"

Offline RobJohnson

« Reply #112 on: June 20, 2008, 08:06:02 PM »

Is that why you have no "rug"?

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #113 on: June 20, 2008, 08:09:21 PM »

Jesus, I thought MY mom was a clean freak.  Damn.

Oh, mine is, but only if it's hers. I can't get her to lift a finger in the common areas of my home now. Kinda like having an almost 60 year old teenager around :banghead:

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #114 on: June 20, 2008, 08:48:33 PM »
I hear you jty! I cannot stand to hear someone scratch fabric at all. My husband will scratch all of his fingernails on his jeans. Like when his leg itches and he makes a big deal out of it because he claims that the denim smoothes out his nails. OY!!! It makes me shiver and want to throw up. That's so weird I know!

I also can't stand for my food to touch. I used to only eat food on a plate with dividers. I also don't drink anything when I eat unless it's wine or beer and meant to consumed with food. After I eat, I will drink a glass of water.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #115 on: June 20, 2008, 08:52:18 PM »
I hear you jty! I cannot stand to hear someone scratch fabric at all. My husband will scratch all of his fingernails on his jeans. Like when his leg itches and he makes a big deal out of it because he claims that the denim smoothes out his nails. OY!!! It makes me shiver and want to throw up. That's so weird I know!

I also can't stand for my food to touch. I used to only eat food on a plate with dividers. I also don't drink anything when I eat unless it's wine or beer and meant to consumed with food. After I eat, I will drink a glass of water.

OMG, I think we are twins :rotf:

the scratching thing also makes me want to get sick. I have the same aversion or trigger for some reason with that...go figure.

Another of mine...I loathe touching raw meat. I just don't feel I can ever get my hands clean enough. Almost in the way a bug landing on you(you know, 'gross' bugs) gives you the heebie jeebies for a while.  :rotf:

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
« Reply #116 on: June 20, 2008, 08:56:42 PM »
OH MY GOD! You ARE my twin!

I wear disposable gloves when I have to handle raw meat. (If it's for an extended period of time and I can't just use a fork).

I also clean the kitchen like it's a surgical suite when I'm done cooking.

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #117 on: June 20, 2008, 08:59:08 PM »

I wear disposable gloves when I have to handle raw meat. (If it's for an extended period of time and I can't just use a fork).

LMAO! I use those too!  :lmao: I try to manage by using a fork and using plastic or something to lop the meat in the pan or something, but if I have to touch it--let's say mix a meatloaf or something: the gloves are going on. There is NO way.

Ditto on the kitchen cleaning.  :lmao: I still 'question' the spot where meat may have touched too, even if its been cleaned.  :uhsure:

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
« Reply #118 on: June 20, 2008, 09:02:29 PM »
I'm so glad I'm not the only one!!!

My MIL just rolled her eyes at me. Of course she does wear a perma-scowl  :lmao:

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #119 on: June 20, 2008, 09:03:35 PM »
I'm so glad I'm not the only one!!!

My MIL just rolled her eyes at me. Of course she does wear a perma-scowl  :lmao:

Oh let her roll her eyes. Touching raw meat is...*shudder*

Offline RobJohnson

« Reply #120 on: June 21, 2008, 02:42:47 AM »

I also like to wear the gloves. Alot of bacteria can get under your nails, etc....when I am done everything gets washed right away and I use sanitizer (at home) and this includes cleaning the facet fixtures and handles....I always try to avoid any means of cross contamination.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #121 on: June 21, 2008, 09:12:46 AM »

OMG, I think we are twins :rotf:

the scratching thing also makes me want to get sick. I have the same aversion or trigger for some reason with that...go figure.

Another of mine...I loathe touching raw meat. I just don't feel I can ever get my hands clean enough. Almost in the way a bug landing on you(you know, 'gross' bugs) gives you the heebie jeebies for a while.  :rotf:

I think raw (red meat) looks better before it's cooked.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #122 on: June 21, 2008, 09:15:41 AM »

I also like to wear the gloves. Alot of bacteria can get under your nails, etc....when I am done everything gets washed right away and I use sanitizer (at home) and this includes cleaning the facet fixtures and handles....I always try to avoid any means of cross contamination.

A certain amount of background bacteria is both normal and healthy.  As you know, more and more doctors are saying that bacteria is becoming resistant as a result of over-cleaning. You also depress your own immunity by being over-clean.

Soap-and-water clean has been just fine for years.  You don't need gloves -- just wash with soap and water between handling and preparation.  You are actually doing the opposite of what you want to accomplish.

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #123 on: June 21, 2008, 09:26:37 AM »

A certain amount of background bacteria is both normal and healthy.  As you know, more and more doctors are saying that bacteria is becoming resistant as a result of over-cleaning. You also depress your own immunity by being over-clean.

Soap-and-water clean has been just fine for years.  You don't need gloves -- just wash with soap and water between handling and preparation.  You are actually doing the opposite of what you want to accomplish.

Amen!  We are cleaning ourselves to death.

I am a very clean cook.  In fact, by the time dinner is ready you cannot even tell the kitchen had be used.  I keep a clean kitchen because it is prudent and necessary....but gloves?  Overboard!

People need to get back to realizing that beginning on the day we are born our bodies start to work building immunities to the evil germs with which we share this planet.  This is why older folks rarely catch a common cold.

I blame television and liberals.  I usually do.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
« Reply #124 on: June 21, 2008, 11:30:29 AM »
I don't use chemicals when possible. I clean the way my grandmother cleaned before people starting buying purell by the gallon. I don't use any anti-bacterial products. Not even in hand soap or body wash. I always go with the mildest and simplest thing you can find. Sorry, not giving up my cleaning routine :-) When you have a kid, it's different. Not that he's a hothouse flower prone to wilting, but it's much simplier to clean my kitchen (and bathrooms) completely so that I never have to worry about him making a sandwich on a dirty counter or something along those lines.

My son has only had antibotics four times in his entire life. I can't remember the last time I got sick (beyong the sniffles that went away with chicken soup and tylenol).