Author Topic: Most unhinged post of the day?  (Read 182354 times)

Offline Mary Ann

Most unhinged post of the day?
« on: August 12, 2019, 10:46:50 AM »
Who knows? It's still early.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100212372671
blm (99,724 posts)

Trump separates migrant children to serve global network of pedophiles.

Last edited Mon Aug 12, 2019, 11:29 AM - Edit history (1)

Many will be sex trafficked, while most others will be forced into labor jobs to “earn their keep”.

THIS is the narrative activists need to adopt and spread to put these mudder****ers on defense and force the imagery into the overall debate. Why hasn’t this even been brought up by Democrats on television and in op ed pieces?

IMO, the policy of separating children from their families, both, physically and mentally, is the action of those with the mindset of a pedophile and a slaveowner. Especially since Trump had his Labor Sec. Alex Acosta CUT FUNDING of the program to combat sextrafficking by a whopping 80%.

THIS is hitting back hard, Dems. Force these questions and force this discussion till the Trumpists are left speechless and forced into investigating the cruelty and illegality of their disgusting policies.

Force them to feel shamed.

Force them to shut it all down.

Johnny2X2X (5,304 posts)

1. You're not crazy

I live in West Michigan, home of the Devos family. Look into Bethany Christian Services. This is a Devos funded company that is caring for some of the separated children, they are profiting off that care, but they are also after a time adopting these kids out while collecting huge Private Adoption fees.

The Devos family has several businesses set up to profit directly off from the border crisis that Trump created. Also, you do the math, the donors do not want the border crisis solved, period, they are making a mint off from it.
I live in Western Michigan, too. The daughter of a friend of mine was an adoption worker for Bethany. They do good work. Very good work.

secondwind (7,879 posts)

4. You are so right v

I still think of the two baby boys, 8 and 11 months old, who were dropped off in Grand Rapids in the middle of the night last year. They are being cared for by good “Christian families”
"Christian families?" Oh, the humanity!!! Obviously, two very young children should be cared for by satanists, or homosexuals.
Faux pas (8,199 posts)

7. That was my first thought

back when they started caging them and 'losing' them.
DU is full of insane people. That's the only explanation.

Offline SVPete

Re: Most unhinged post of the day?
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2019, 11:17:04 AM »
Well, Mary Ann, the day is young, and the DUmmies are DUmb.

Look into Bethany Christian Services. This is a Devos funded company that is caring for some of the separated children, they are profiting off that care, but they are also after a time adopting these kids out while collecting huge Private Adoption fees.

Bethany Christian Services is a non-profit organization. That means that other than funds that might be designated for long-term projects, like a new facility, Bethany has to spend during the year at least every dollar they received during that year. So "they are profiting off that care" is a false accusation. And whatever those supposedly "huge Private Adoption fees" actually are, the $$ received is expended on the costs of the adoption (e.g. pre-natal care, childbirth, post-natal care), with any extra $$ funding Bethany's services. Given the ignorance DU-member Johnny2X2X has already displayed, I suspect Bethany's adoption fees are probably typical for that process, and possibly on the low end of the range.

DU-member Johnny2X2X is your typical anti-Christian DU-bigot. What are the odds(s) that, IRL, DU-member Johnny2X2X does absolutely nothing in support of people in need while sniping and snarking at those who do?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline dutch508

• Remember
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2019, 11:43:06 AM »
THIS is the narrative activists need to adopt and spread to put these mudder****ers on defense and force the imagery into the overall debate.
[/size]

so, otherwise you are saying lie to promote your faction...

normal DUmpmonkiez action.
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline SVPete

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2019, 11:53:18 AM »

Many will be sex trafficked, while most others will be forced into labor jobs to “earn their keep”.

THIS is the narrative activists need to adopt and spread to put these mudder****ers on defense and force the imagery into the overall debate. Why hasn’t this even been brought up by Democrats on television and in op ed pieces?

1. They know it's false.

2. They know normal people's response to that claim will be, "Well that's a stupid claim!"
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2019, 12:03:27 PM »
blm (99,724 posts)

Last edited Mon Aug 12, 2019, 11:29 AM - Edit history (1)

Maybe we should strengthen border security so they cannot get in and be put into this horrible situation?

Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline Mary Ann

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2019, 12:05:37 PM »
Well, Mary Ann, the day is young, and the DUmmies are DUmb.

Bethany Christian Services is a non-profit organization. That means that other than funds that might be designated for long-term projects, like a new facility, Bethany has to spend during the year at least every dollar they received during that year. So "they are profiting off that care" is a false accusation. And whatever those supposedly "huge Private Adoption fees" actually are, the $$ received is expended on the costs of the adoption (e.g. pre-natal care, childbirth, post-natal care), with any extra $$ funding Bethany's services. Given the ignorance DU-member Johnny2X2X has already displayed, I suspect Bethany's adoption fees are probably typical for that process, and possibly on the low end of the range.

DU-member Johnny2X2X is your typical anti-Christian DU-bigot. What are the odds(s) that, IRL, DU-member Johnny2X2X does absolutely nothing in support of people in need while sniping and snarking at those who do?
Regardless of what you think of how the Devos family made its $$$, there is no doubt that they have done much good with it. They have spent it in a way that is much more beneficial to the residents of Western Michigan than anything Washington DC or Lansing has ever done for us.

Yay for capitalism!!!!!

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2019, 12:29:09 PM »
The Trump administration isn't doing anything with migrants and the children that accompany them that Obama wasn't doing. The policy hasn't changed. How they are being held and the methods by which it takes to process them hasn't changed. The main thing I find interesting in this is how the liberals never cared about it at all until mid-January, 2017.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2019, 01:08:29 PM »
Regardless of what you think of how the Devos family made its $$$, there is no doubt that they have done much good with it. They have spent it in a way that is much more beneficial to the residents of Western Michigan than anything Washington DC or Lansing has ever done for us.

Yay for capitalism!!!!!

Amway's business model is legal, and they have evolved it as some legal "standards" have shifted. If Amway doesn't/can't deliver the quality-price-availability spectrum their customers want, Amway will go out of business like Ward's and Circuit City have, and Sears and Kmart seem likely to do (and maybe Penney's). Libs & Progs live in a state of envy, and the DeVos family is just a target because of their success; Betsy DeVos is all the more an object of Prog hatred, because she hasn't bowed down to the teacher's unions and is part of Trump's Administration. The family POs a lot of the right people, IMO.

Offline Mary Ann

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2019, 01:23:10 PM »
Amway's business model is legal, and they have evolved it as some legal "standards" have shifted. If Amway doesn't/can't deliver the quality-price-availability spectrum their customers want, Amway will go out of business like Ward's and Circuit City have, and Sears and Kmart seem likely to do (and maybe Penney's). Libs & Progs live in a state of envy, and the DeVos family is just a target because of their success; Betsy DeVos is all the more an object of Prog hatred, because she hasn't bowed down to the teacher's unions and is part of Trump's Administration. The family POs a lot of the right people, IMO.
My son, who has gone over to the Dark Side (but who will come back, as soon as his taxes go high enough) claims that the Reagan Administration changed laws to specifically exempt Amway from other pyramid schemes.

Don't know about that, but my parents got hooked into something similar in the early 70's. I remember that they even took out a second mortgage to pay for a bunch of that crap. Whenever I hear "pyramid scheme" I think of the pyramid of soap products that sat in a corner of my room for months . . .

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2019, 01:26:47 PM »
Maybe we should strengthen border security so they cannot get in and be put into this horrible situation?

While we're at it, get rid of all the incentives.
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2019, 02:20:42 PM »
My son, who has gone over to the Dark Side (but who will come back, as soon as his taxes go high enough) claims that the Reagan Administration changed laws to specifically exempt Amway from other pyramid schemes.

Don't know about that, but my parents got hooked into something similar in the early 70's. I remember that they even took out a second mortgage to pay for a bunch of that crap. Whenever I hear "pyramid scheme" I think of the pyramid of soap products that sat in a corner of my room for months . . .

The FTC determined in 1979 that Amway was not an illegal pyramid. Reagan became President in 1981, so his claim has a chronology problem.

Speaking of chronology problems, Bethany Christian Services (BCS) was founded in 1944, while Amway was founded in 1959. So while some in the DeVos family may donate substantial $$ to BCS, the DeVos family did not found and does not "own" BCS. Nor are they officers or board members of BCS.

Offline Mary Ann

« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2019, 02:44:37 PM »
The FTC determined in 1979 that Amway was not an illegal pyramid. Reagan became President in 1981, so his claim has a chronology problem.

Speaking of chronology problems, Bethany Christian Services (BCS) was founded in 1944, while Amway was founded in 1959. So while some in the DeVos family may donate substantial $$ to BCS, the DeVos family did not found and does not "own" BCS. Nor are they officers or board members of BCS.
Thanks for the info! He had been listening to some podcast about Amway, and I think that's where he got his "facts."

Offline SVPete

« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2019, 04:45:25 PM »
Thanks for the info! He had been listening to some podcast about Amway, and I think that's where he got his "facts."

I'm not a big W'pedia fan, but for non-political topics it's often a decent starting point. The BCS date was from their website.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2019, 04:54:34 PM »
It seems like a wall to keep these poor waifs out of America is just what's needed to protect them.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Karin

« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2019, 06:55:27 PM »
As expected, the unhinged post unhinged 99% over there.  There's a reason we call it an island.

Offline jukin

« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2019, 01:58:37 PM »
Everybody that posts on the DUmp should be red flagged.  They should never ever get their hands on guns.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2019, 02:03:00 PM »
Everybody that posts on the DUmp should be red flagged.  They should never ever get their hands on guns.

Most likely disqualified anyway because of the magic cure all weed.
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer