Author Topic: Shooting in Buffalo, NY Leaves ~10 Dead, Being Investigated as Hate Crime  (Read 922 times)

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
The article below identifies the perp, who has been taken into custody. A rotten shame the bastard didn't take himself out. Apparently drove in from 200 miles away to engage in wanton slaughter.

Of course the riots will start in 3...2...1... all of them in black communities.  :whatever:

And the calls for gun control (like NY doesn't have gun control though the bastard might've driven in from PA or OH) will also start in 3...2...1.

On Saturday afternoon, the Buffalo Police Department revealed that they had responded to a shooting at the Tops Friendly Market, and that the shooter was in custody, who the Associated Press reported has been identified as Payton Gendron of Conklin, over 200 miles away.

Buffalo Police Commissioner Joseph Gramaglia had referred to the suspect as an 18-year old white male.

The shooting, which occurred in a predominantly Black neighborhood, is being treated as a "hate crime and racially motived violent extremism," the AP also noted. Eleven of the victims are Black, and two are white.

News 4 Buffalo, a local news outlet, also tweeted live updates, including that the shooting is being investigated by the FBI.

Rest at the link.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/rebeccadowns/2022/05/14/at-least-10-dead-after-shooting-takes-place-at-grocery-store-in-upstate-new-york-n2607263
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Drafe Hoblin

At distraction-speed... 

I get the sense that some info is missing.  Driving 200-miles for hate.  Goes to a single location...  Color me cynical.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
At distraction-speed... 

I get the sense that some info is missing.  Driving 200-miles for hate.  Goes to a single location...  Color me cynical.

I can't think of a single mass shooting event that was correctly reported at the outset.

Not one.

But that doesn't mean the gun control lunatics and the race baiters won't be out fomenting idiocy before the bodies are loaded into the morgue.

Offline Mr Mannn

Of all the mass shootings of late, THIS will be the only one the media will focus on. All the other mass shooters were Persons of Color, this is the only one where the perp is white.

Offline SVPete

Wow! After loads of conclusion-jumping wolf-crying, Prog race-baiters now have a glittering (but hollow) symbol. I'm more practical. I'm POed that the guy can't be put down like the rabid dog he is (after being convicted, of course), and very disappointed that none of his victims and their family/friends were concealed-carriers.

What are the odds:

1. The killer has a juvenile record a cubit long;

2. Erie County's sheriff proudly refuses to issue concealed-carry permits except to the "proper" people.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2022, 10:00:52 AM by SVPete »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Odd that this lunatic was charged with a hate crime immediately, but when Darryl Brooks runs over a parade in Waukesha, that disappeared faster than a box of donuts in front of Jerry Nadler or Mr. Potato Head Brian Stelter.

Here's a revealing related story:

As Twitter Takes to Blaming Tucker Carlson for Shooting, Suspect's Manifesto Confirms He's No Fan of Fox News

On Saturday afternoon, 18-year old Payton Gendron allegedly shot several people, killing 10 at a Tops Friendly Market located in a predominantly Black neighborhood in Buffalo, New York. He has been arrested and arraigned on 10 first-degree murder charges.

Trends over Twitter to do with Gendron's motives included "Great Replacement" and "Tucker Carlson," as some took to blaming the Fox News host for the shooting. It's worth emphasizing, though, that the suspect's own manifesto not only included no mentions of Carlson, but attacked 21st Century Fox for hiring Jewish people.

The suspect expressed many anti-Semitic views, from what screenshots and excerpts are available.

Joe Lockhart, who is actually a communications person, said that there was "blood on the hands" of Carlson, and that "Carlson will be [damned] at judgment day." He subsequently tweeted glee over the remarks he was getting as people called him out.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/rebeccadowns/2022/05/15/twitter-takes-to-blaming-tucker-carlson-n2607264
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
Of all the mass shootings of late, THIS will be the only one the media will focus on. All the other mass shooters were Persons of Color, this is the only one where the perp is white.

Zackly. I've counted no less than 8 "news reports" on this in my YT feed.

And what happened to the black guy who ran over 5-6 people in Waukesha? Crickets.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
Some discussion about the lunatic shooter's "manifesto."

Bottom line is, this 18-year-old punk has no clue what he is, but we all know he's a murderer x 10 now.

Reportedly hails from upstate NY, 200 miles from Buffalo, so his acquisition of firearms in NYS should be of interest. After all, they've got magazine restrictions and all sorts of "controls" on firearms. How did this punk get all those weapons and all that ammo when he's only 18?

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/matt-margolis/2022/05/15/heres-what-the-buffalo-shooters-alleged-manifesto-actually-says-n1597997

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant

Bottom line is, this 18-year-old punk has no clue what he is, but we all know he's a murderer x 10 now.

Reportedly hails from upstate NY, 200 miles from Buffalo, so his acquisition of firearms in NYS should be of interest. After all, they've got magazine restrictions and all sorts of "controls" on firearms. How did this punk get all those weapons and all that ammo when he's only 18?

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/matt-margolis/2022/05/15/heres-what-the-buffalo-shooters-alleged-manifesto-actually-says-n1597997

The fact that this 18-year old snotty-nosed thug was able to lay hands on weapons of any kind in New York is all on it's own highly suspicious. I'll want to see incontrovertible proof that this imbecile wasn't spun up by an FBI US-KGB agent provocateur before I'll believe any thought spilling out of s/h/its soup cooler or computer keyboard originated with s/h/it.
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline Ralph Wiggum

And then the California church shooting this afternoon, also in a state with Draconian gun laws as well. Something rings a bit convenient and suspicious to gin up the gun grabbing left in addition to their "righteous" outrage over Roe v. Wade.

Offline Mr Mannn

And then the California church shooting this afternoon, also in a state with Draconian gun laws as well. Something rings a bit convenient and suspicious to gin up the gun grabbing left in addition to their "righteous" outrage over Roe v. Wade.
On the bright side: the gun grabbers will come out loud and proud, just before an election.

Offline SVPete

1 dead, 5 critically wounded in shooting at church in Laguna Woods

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2022-05-15/multiple-people-shot-at-church-in-laguna-woods-o-c-sheriff-says

One person was killed and five others were critically wounded Sunday during a shooting at a church in Laguna Woods.

The shooting occurred at 1:26 p.m. inside Geneva Presbyterian Church on the 24000 block of El Toro Road. The Sheriff’s Department said it detained a suspect and collected a weapon that might be involved.

A Taiwanese congregation was in the church at the time of the shooting, Undersheriff Jeff Hallock said. Authorities are interviewing more than 30 people who were inside the church at the time. The victims were described as mostly Asian and mostly of Taiwanese descent, authorities said.

A law enforcement source said officials believe the suspect was a 68-year-old Asian man who is originally from Las Vegas. No other details were available.

That article is from late yesterday afternoon, PDT. More may have happened or become known since.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline DefiantSix

• Captain, IKV Defiant
1 dead, 5 critically wounded in shooting at church in Laguna Woods

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2022-05-15/multiple-people-shot-at-church-in-laguna-woods-o-c-sheriff-says

That article is from late yesterday afternoon, PDT. More may have happened or become known since.

I noticed that the article seemed to go out of its way to avoid any description of the "gunman". That, and the fact that the target was an Asian community is a strong indicator that the apprehended individual does not fit the leftist scum propaganda narrative.
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline SVPete

I noticed that the article seemed to go out of its way to avoid any description of the "gunman". That, and the fact that the target was an Asian community is a strong indicator that the apprehended individual does not fit the leftist scum propaganda narrative.

Ummmmmmm ... this sentence was in the part of the article I quoted above:

A law enforcement source said officials believe the suspect was a 68-year-old Asian man who is originally from Las Vegas.

Offline DefiantSix

• Captain, IKV Defiant
Ummmmmmm ... this sentence was in the part of the article I quoted above:

Oops.  :shucks:
-- Capt. John Parker

-- Capt. Steve Rogers

-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Laguna Woods church shooter is Vegas man ‘upset about political tensions between China and Taiwan’: Sheriff
https://ktla.com/news/local-news/suspect-in-laguna-woods-church-shooting-idd-as-68-year-old-vegas-man/

The suspect in the deadly Laguna Woods church shooting was identified Monday as a 68-year-old Las Vegas man who was believed to be targeting the Taiwanese community, officials said.

The gunman, identified as David Chou, was booked on one count of murder and five counts of attempted murder in connection with the Sunday afternoon shooting at Geneva Presbyterian Church on the 24000 block of El Toro Road, according to the Orange County Sheriff’s Office.

“Based on preliminary information in the investigation is believed the suspect involved was upset about political tensions between China and Taiwan,” O.C. Sheriff Don Barnes said in a Monday news conference.

The FBI said they opened a federal hate crimes investigation into the incident, which the sheriff described as being “politically motivated.”

The killer, David Chou, is from China and hated Taiwan.

Authorities said they found notes written in Mandarin in Chou’s car that showed “hatred of the Taiwanese people.”

It’s still unclear why that specific church was targeted, officials said.

“From a national framework, the Taiwanese Presbyterian is not a large congregate location. And this, if you look at proximity to Vegas, this may have just been the closest in proximity,” the sheriff said.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline SVPete

Maybe little more will become known, but I suspect there was more to his hatred - a bigger and more detailed picture, not a different picture - than his being a mainlander and disliking Taiwanese people. At least one coworker is from Shanghai, while others in their work group are from Taiwan. They all seem to get along fine.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

Laguna Woods church shooter is Vegas man ‘upset about political tensions between China and Taiwan’: Sheriff
https://ktla.com/news/local-news/suspect-in-laguna-woods-church-shooting-idd-as-68-year-old-vegas-man/

The killer, David Chou, is from China and hated Taiwan.

Well, according the woke left, Asian people are now considered "white adjacent".

Offline ADsOutburst

Proving once again that they rank among the dumbest, lowest information participants in our politics, some on the left are now partially attributing the shooting too...

... the acquittal of Kyle Rittenhouse. :thatsright: :mental:

Offline Ralph Wiggum

Proving once again that they rank among the dumbest, lowest information participants in our politics, some on the left are now partially attributing the shooting too...

... the acquittal of Kyle Rittenhouse. :thatsright: :mental:

Read that somewhere today, probably Townhall or one of their associated sites. Almost had to use eye drops to get my eyes back in their normal position.

Offline ADsOutburst

Read that somewhere today, probably Townhall or one of their associated sites. Almost had to use eye drops to get my eyes back in their normal position.

I will add a caveat though: It's possible that this shooter may have had a completely wrong narrative in his head about Rittenhouse, a narrative fed to him by media. Considering this guy is a self-described "authoritarian leftist", that wouldn't be a total surprise

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Media Falsely Claim Mass Public Shooters are 'Right-wingers' When They're Environmental Extremists
https://townhall.com/columnists/johnrlottjr/2022/05/17/buffalo-shooter-the-environmentalist-n2607365

If you believe the Los Angeles Times, the Buffalo shooter who left 10 dead emerged from “a far-right ecosystem.” A Rolling Stone headline echoed the claim: “The Buffalo Shooter Isn’t a ‘Lone Wolf.’ He’s a Mainstream Republican.” The New York Times links the mass murderer to former House Speaker Newt Gingrich and New York Congresswoman Elise Stefanik. Not to be left out, Representative Liz Cheney (R-WY) blames Republicans for the attack, claiming: “The House GOP leadership has enabled white nationalism, white supremacy, and anti-semitism.”

This latest attack is one in a series of mass public shootings motivated by environmentalism. But you won’t hear that on the news.

In his manifesto, the gunman self-identifies as an “eco-fascist national socialist” and a member of the “mild-moderate authoritarian left.” He expresses concern that minority immigrants have too many children and will damage the environment.

Capitalists, who the shooter argues are destroying the environment, are at the root of much of the problem. “The trade of goods is to be discouraged at all costs,” he demands.

The killer in Buffalo is a radical environmentalist.

Of the 82 mass public shootings from January 1998 to May 2021, 9 percent have known or alleged ties to white supremacists, neo-Nazis, or anti-immigrant views, and many of those, such as the Buffalo murderer, hold decidedly socialist, left-wing views. Another nine percent are carried out by people of middle eastern origin, making Middle Easterners, who make up only 0.4% of the country, by far the most likely ethnic/racial group to carry out mass public shootings. Non-Middle Eastern Whites and Hispanics who engage in these attacks are underrepresented as a share of the population. Blacks, Asians, and American Indians commit these attacks at a slightly higher rate than their share of the population.

Seventy-one percent of mass public shooters have no identifiable political views.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2022, 06:50:36 PM by Ptarmigan »
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du