Author Topic: Puerto Rico: Where is the hospital ship? Where is the help?  (Read 5741 times)

Offline AzJames73

• Deplorable
Puerto Rico: Where is the hospital ship? Where is the help?
« on: September 29, 2017, 03:33:00 PM »
Cyrano (10,058 posts)             https://www.democraticunderground.com/10029650643

Why aren't there 20,000 military people there already?

Why aren't all the available resources we have there already?

Why the delays?

Why are Puerto Ricans still in need of EVERYTHING?

Why am I even asking these questions when we know that the answer is Trump's incompetence?

Why am I even asking these questions when we know that Trump doesn't give a rat's ass?

Why am I even asking these questions when we know that countless people are dead or dying because of the horrible monster who is control of America?

This isn't about politics. This is an incomprehensible human tragedy.

And it's not just because of nature. It's because one of the most horrible human beings imaginable is in charge of the resources of the United States.

May he rot in hell forever for the ongoing horror taking place at this very moment in Puerto Rico.

Now for the mic drop....

Lee-Lee (4,411 posts)
7. 20,000 troops this fast? Really?

Do you have any idea what it takes to move 20,000 people into a place with no life support for them?

First, your just need to move the people. A C-17 fully kitted with the pallet seats can hold 200. So you would need 100 C-17 flights just to move them. That's 100 flights that can't move supplies.

20,000 people need 3 MREs a day. That's 60,000 meals, 5000 cases. That's about 3 C-17 flights a day just to feed them that can't carry anything else, that's 60,000 meals a day that don't get to the victims.

Then you need life support for them- tents, generators, medical care etc. For every troop you provide this for you delay giving them to a victim.

There is a smart way to do this. Just demanding massive movements of troops because it sounds good is stupid and counterproductive. Considering the airports were not even functioning right after the hurricane expecting 20,000 troops to already be there is asinine.

Lots of things are being botched. But the military response isn't, and setting wildly unrealistic demands doesn't help anything. Trump has zero to do with how fast any military unit does their job, and your willingness to bash what they are all doing in your zeal to home everything on Trump is shortsighted.

Put blame where it belongs- his delay in acting on the Jones act for example. Don't set crazy unrealistic expectations and then act like it's a failure of all involved when they are all not met.

:rotf: Guess that shut the DUmmy OP up.

Offline Fourwinds

Re: Puerto Rico: Where is the hospital ship? Where is the help?
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2017, 03:47:11 PM »
I'm willing to bet Cyrano didn't even know there was a hospital  ship in existence until the MSM mentioned it.

Offline zeitgeist

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2017, 03:52:02 PM »
Most of the posts over there trying to advance the "Trump's Katrina" narrative have been major fails. 

I am reminded of the line "Fools can ask questions faster than wise men can answer".   

Never has there been a group supposedly so well educated who cannot see past their hate of all things Trump.  They cannot logically think through the logistic problems being encountered.  This is driving them past bedlam and in some instances it is a very short drive. 

They will be wearing jackets that tie in the back before long and drooling in their boots.   Trump has got them that spun up.  Bravo.

< watch this space for coming distractions >

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2017, 04:12:38 PM »
 So the comfort left Norfolk on Wednesday.  Top speed 20 mph. It takes some time dumbasses :thatsright:
You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2017, 05:01:22 PM »
So the comfort left Norfolk on Wednesday.  Top speed 20 mph. It takes some time dumbasses :thatsright:

It sailed already? This Military Times article said it would take 96 hours for her to set sail, with the order being announced Tuesday. Maybe the order was given a couple days earlier, or maybe her commander did much better than anticipated. At any rate, the article also mentions that it would take 5 days for the Comfort to sail from Norfolk to PR.

As what Lee-Lee had the temerity to demonstrate, geography and logistics just aren't strong points for many/most DU folk, especially when blinded by Trump-Hatred.

From news reports I've heard, the relief bottlenecks are not get supplies onto the island, but a truck driver shortage and blocked roads. If DU-folk really care as much as they profess, maybe they should support one or two of their truck-driving members taking off from work and volunteering to drive in PR.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Drafe Hoblin

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2017, 05:09:38 PM »
Cyrano and his ilk are essentially advocating for an imperialistic military-invasion of PR.

While routinely dismissing official statements from the Puerto Rican President, the Mayor of San Juan, local Government reps, etc., about priorities and logistical-successes in a manner that could only be called racist. 

" We recalcitrant leftwingers know more about running an island-Nation than you natives of the island do, so go suffer in silence while we use you as politically-expedient pawns to make our obnoxiously-thoughtless points. "

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2017, 05:41:51 PM »
I'm willing to bet Cyrano didn't even know there was a hospital  ship in existence until the MSM mentioned it.

It probably thinks they appear magically unless POTUS stops them.  Like in the Korean and Vietnam war movies.
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2017, 05:43:32 PM »

They expect the Marines to get out and push to make it go faster.  The would have if president obozo was still in office!
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2017, 05:46:09 PM »
You know, I can't figure out why the Cryano primitive  has never made it among the Top 10 DUmmies; sometimes he's made it into the bottom half of the Top 20, but never higher than that.

I've nominated him every single year, mostly because of his little-girl-like hysteria and whining.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2017, 06:11:54 PM »
Dummies are the same way most pampered millennials are... they want it all, they want it yesterday, and they want it delivered.

edited to add: And they want it for free.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2017, 06:15:53 PM by I_B_Perky »
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2017, 07:45:38 PM »
Cyrano (10,058 posts)             https://www.democraticunderground.com/10029650643

My inner Drill Sergeant has a vein throbbing in his forehead, and is leaning forward and growling in a threatening tone "Where is it?!?  Where is it?!?  If it was up your ass you'd know where it was!!!  DROP!!!"
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2017, 07:46:45 PM »
You know, I can't figure out why the Cryano primitive  has never made it among the Top 10 DUmmies; sometimes he's made it into the bottom half of the Top 20, but never higher than that.

I've nominated him every single year, mostly because of his little-girl-like hysteria and whining.

This year reminds me of a C. S. Lewis essay, "Screwtape Offers a Toast". Screwtape, high up in the infernal hierarchy, is at a banquet, commenting on the bland nature of the souls finding their way to an infernal eternity. DU has been kind of bland this year, and Cyanose might break into the Top 10.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2017, 09:53:16 PM »
Why didn't tRump order the Navy to install one if those warp drive thingys on the Comfort so that it would already be there?  I'll tell you why.  Because tRump doesn't care about brown people. [\DUmmythink]
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2017, 06:40:23 AM »
It sailed already? This Military Times article said it would take 96 hours for her to set sail, with the order being announced Tuesday. Maybe the order was given a couple days earlier, or maybe her commander did much better than anticipated. At any rate, the article also mentions that it would take 5 days for the Comfort to sail from Norfolk to PR.

No, it seems it left yesterday.  I saw this article, http://wavy.com/2017/09/27/norfolk-based-hospital-ship-heading-to-puerto-rico/ and read it, but did not watch the video.  It was released Wednesday, so I assumed it left on Wednesday.

Regardless, places are farther away in real life than they are on the map.
You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2017, 07:43:52 AM »
No, it seems it left yesterday.  I saw this article, http://wavy.com/2017/09/27/norfolk-based-hospital-ship-heading-to-puerto-rico/ and read it, but did not watch the video.  It was released Wednesday, so I assumed it left on Wednesday.

It's just one more bit about logistics of which DU-loudmouths are ignorant. Packing up the Prius and hitting the road takes minutes or a couple of hours. Getting a floating hospital ready to sail takes days.

Is Cyanose the DU-fool who lives in Baltimore? Wherever he lives, he's hundreds or even a couple thousand miles from PR, but acts like he knows what's on the ground there and what is not. And rather than admit he's wrong about PR, he'll probably slink off to await the next Trump-Bashing opportunity.

Offline Undies

« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2017, 11:26:37 AM »

Why aren't there 20,000 military people there already?

Didn't there use to be a well-staffed and functioning Navy port right there in Puerto Rico?  Hmmm.  Now what could have happened to it?

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2017, 11:32:54 AM »
I'm waiting for hank johnson, democrat, Georgia, to express his concerns that if we put too many troops and supplies on Puerto Rico that it may tip over and capsize....
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Maverick1987

• M o l o n L a b e
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2017, 11:52:42 AM »
I'm waiting for hank johnson, democrat, Georgia, to express his concerns that if we put too many troops and supplies on Puerto Rico that it may tip over and capsize....

Not if it's tethered to the hospital ship  :-)
Deplorable since 2016

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2017, 12:51:54 PM »
What these ass holes and the mayor of /San Juan don't seem to understand is that recovery starts at YOUR front door. you need to get out and start clearing a path then get your neighbors help and clear a way for help to get in. If you sit there with your thumbs up your ass and wait for others to do it all it will take longer.

Aa local talk show host has family there and she went down to help. She said one of the problems is that as the aid trucks go out they are mobbed by people and the supplies are hijacked and not distributed evenly. It seems there is a breakdown of law & order. That is the local governments job, not the presidents.
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline SVPete

« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2017, 01:32:49 PM »
What these ass holes and the mayor of /San Juan don't seem to understand is that recovery starts at YOUR front door. you need to get out and start clearing a path then get your neighbors help and clear a way for help to get in. If you sit there with your thumbs up your ass and wait for others to do it all it will take longer.

Aa local talk show host has family there and she went down to help. She said one of the problems is that as the aid trucks go out they are mobbed by people and the supplies are hijacked and not distributed evenly. It seems there is a breakdown of law & order. That is the local governments job, not the presidents.

Exactly. The problem has not been getting needed stuff onto the island. The problem has been distribution, which on multiple levels is a problem Puerto Ricans should be handling. No doubt, many are. That Mayor should stop running off her mouth complaining and working her probably substantial butt off clearing streets and roads, getting truck distribution organized, and protecting against hijacking and theft. Politics uber alles!

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2017, 02:10:28 PM »
I'm not sure how to post twits--I don't belong to Twitter--but anyway, there's a picture of the mayor of San Juan.....with loads and loads of humanitarian supplies towering over her in the background:

https://www.discussionist.com/10151487360
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2017, 03:34:52 PM »
I like her shirt, "Help us we are dying"

Well that's not all bad that could be 3 million democrat leeches off the books.

They don't have shit going for them down there , the dems have driven the place into bankruptcy.
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline mrclose

« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2017, 06:09:29 PM »
RE-POST

From a friend in Puerto Rico

I got online for the first time in days and one of the very first things I saw was an out and out lie about the government's response to the crisis I am in the middle of.

I don't care if you hate or love Trump, using the crisis in Puerto Rico to spread political lies is disgusting!

I am literally across the street from the airport, and the hotel I am in is where many of the first responders are staying, so here is what is going on from someone who is actually here seeing it.

The government is here and has been here!

Every single day plane after plane full of FEMA, FBI, homeland security, army, Air Force, Marines, and extra police officers from all over the country shows up.
Cargo plane after cargo plane and ship after ship full of supplies shows up. There is a hospital ship off the coast that I can see from the beach.
The response was quick and it keeps coming!
They are out every day from sun up until sun down.

This isn't a political issue, it is a humanitarian one.
The lies being spread about the response aren't helping the people here, it is just fueling hate based on lies!

If you want to help Puerto Rico, donate money or supplies and pray.
If you want to play politics find something else to argue about!

Not like there aren't hundreds of topics for you to choose from!

Edited to add this- Roads have been completely destroyed in many areas, especially the remote ones. The military and FEMA are going out to these places on foot with 100 lbs + packs on their backs.

It is requiring them to cut their way through flooded areas to get there. It will take time to reach everyone when conditions are as bad as they are.

Thank you, Sandi Davis!
"When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead.
It is difficult only for the others.

It is the same when you are stupid."

~ Anonymous

Offline DUmpsterDiver

« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2017, 08:00:09 PM »
> rot in hell forever for the ongoing horror taking place at this very moment in Puerto Rico.

ESAD you filthy leftist moron who has no clue and should stop breathing now.  You are the reason I first ask those in dire need of help what their politics are first before I give them first aid.

You filthy, pampered, lazy, disgusting leftist morans.

Offline J P Sousa

• We Built Our Business - IN SPITE OF GOVERNMENT
  • I love the smell of gun powder in the morning
« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2017, 06:49:12 PM »

DUers think they can take the subway to PR.  :-)
John Wayne: "America Why I Love Her"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5ZGz7h0epU

Get Over It! We Are Not All Created Equal ~Capt Katie Petronio

Obama Wiretapped The Trump Tower...FACT

The reason there are so many stupid people is because it's illegal to kill them.
~John Wayne