Author Topic: If the big Red Wing boot doesn't get you, the albatross around the neck will  (Read 2109 times)

Offline Delmar

Sun Oct 1, 2017, 12:12 PM
Star Member MineralMan (98,913 posts)

21 States in the US Have Smaller Populations Than Puerto Rico

The population of Puerto Rico is 3,411,307.

The closest to its population, but less, is Iowa, with a population of 3,134,693. The state with the lowest population is Wyoming, with just 585,501 people. In between are 19 states, all of which have fewer people in residence than our largest Caribbean territory. These include states like Mississippi, Kansas, both Dakotas and Alaska.

Hawaii, our only island state, has a much smaller population than Puerto Rico, at 1,428,557.

Puerto Rico is our largest territory, by far.

How can we ignore Puerto Rico and its inhabitants who are US Citizens?

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._states_and_territories_by_population
https://upload.democraticunderground.com/10029656982

Good job Rock Head, that was almost as fascinating as your posts on airline travel tips or taco trucks. 

More Puerto Ricans than Iowans.  How enlightening. 

And come to find out that all those Puerto Ricans are US citizens too, wow.

Response to guillaumeb (Reply #1)Sun Oct 1, 2017, 12:16 PM
Star Member MineralMan (98,913 posts)
2. Trump may well find, though, that they are the albatross around

his neck pretty soon.
This time Trump is toast.

Response to MineralMan (Reply #2)Sun Oct 1, 2017, 12:18 PM
Star Member guillaumeb (15,951 posts)
3. So we all hope.

Even more media coverage is needed. MSNBC had some this morning, but much more is needed.
Tether that chicken/albatross. 
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
To paraphrase Steve Martin's character in "Planes, Trains & Automobiles"..."Nice story, but next time, have a point".
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
PR is already getting plenty of help. I know of 2 people already whose companies have sent them down to help restore services. If I alone know of 2, think of how many thousands upon thousands of people are there I don't know about personally.

Neither Dear Leader nor cankles could be doing anymore than is being done now. With libs, it's never about what is happening, but who they can build up or tear down in the process.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
PR is already getting plenty of help. I know of 2 people already whose companies have sent them down to help restore services. If I alone know of 2, think of how many thousands upon thousands of people are there I don't know about personally.

Neither Dear Leader nor cankles could be doing anymore than is being done now. With libs, it's never about what is happening, but who they can build up or tear down in the process.

I know that the New York State Police have sent troopers down there to help out, and the NY National Guard also has soldiers down there.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline SVPete

MM is defining lithic ignorance. Between the military's normal stockpile of goods, which Trump released for public usage and the thousands of tons of supplies and equipment shipped and airlifted into PR the island is awash with necessaries. What is not happening is distribution, because many local government people are ineffective (if not worse) and local truckers are 80% AWOL.

Key components in handling Harvey and Irma reasonably well were local government coordinated action, locals doing for each other, and volunteers pouring in from surrounding areas. Puerto Rico's surrounding area is water, and government and locals are not stepping up to the plate.

Not that facts matter on DU.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline docstew

• My Wife is awesome!
MM is defining lithic ignorance. Between the military's normal stockpile of goods, which Trump released for public usage and the thousands of tons of supplies and equipment shipped and airlifted into PR the island is awash with necessaries. What is not happening is distribution, because many local government people are ineffective (if not worse) and local truckers are 80% AWOL.

Key components in handling Harvey and Irma reasonably well were local government coordinated action, locals doing for each other, and volunteers pouring in from surrounding areas. Puerto Rico's surrounding area is water, and government and locals are not stepping up to the plate.

Not that facts matter on DU.

PR's Teamsters Union local has chosen now to strike. They want to renegotiate their contract.

I think if they do that, they should be charged with murder and RICO if anyone dies. EVERY SINGLE TRUCKER THAT STRIKED is complicit.

Offline Old n Grumpy

PR's Teamsters Union local has chosen now to strike. They want to renegotiate their contract.

I think if they do that, they should be charged with murder and RICO if anyone dies. EVERY SINGLE TRUCKER THAT STRIKED is complicit.

It might be an improvement if they go on strike, then willing workers will get the job done. F**k the union :bird: :loser:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!