Author Topic: Behold, the party of love, understanding, and tolerance  (Read 4500 times)

Offline Happy Fun Ball

Behold, the party of love, understanding, and tolerance
« on: June 22, 2017, 12:53:20 PM »
https://www.democraticunderground.com/10029237540

Tommy_Carcetti (30,143 posts)

I hate him.
And you don't understand when I say "I hate him."

I. Hate. Him.

Because I have been taught by my parents, by my peers, by my elders, not to hate anyone. Period. And all for good reason, because hate is an absolutely devastating emotion that is never helpful for anyone. Harboring hatred in one's heart is never healthy.

I could be angry at people, nauseated by them, disgusted by them, horrified by them, disturbed by them, and have the extreme most level of dislike and disdain possible for them. But I have never hated anyone.

Murderers, rapists, financial fraudsters who have bilked millions--I have the utmost contempt in the world for such people. But I've always taken the approach that if you lock them up and throw away the key and let them rot away in jail for the rest of the life and let them slip away from memory, that's good enough. Out of sight, out of mind. But I did not hate them.

There have been political figures who have angered me and upset me to no end. Nearly everyone involved in the administration from January 2001-January 2009 fits into that category, and I'll never, ever forget all their lies, corruption and incompetence. But I did not hate them.

But this guy....this guy.....there is something about him.

There is something about how he lacks every single basic shred of human decency, his cruelty, his narcissism, his utter lack of shame in what appears to be an unending quest of self-glorification and self-enrichment. How he taunts and flaunts those aspects to the general public with every single proclamation and tweet. How he seeks to demonize and divide for no good reason at all.

Now, let me be absolutely, 100% perfectly and unequivocally clear: I would never, ever, ever wish for any sort of intentional, physical harm to come upon him. Never. First and foremost, the reasons I say that is because I will forever be a pacifist who does not believe in any of that. It will never be in my nature to want to see that happen. A secondary reason is that I would hate for him to become some sort of martyr for any sort of cause because that only serves to further aggrandize him.

But to be perfectly honest, he is 71 years old and does not appear to treat his body very well at this stage in life. And if a heart attack or a stroke or some sort of cancer were to afflict him--and I can't believe I am typing this but this just goes to show--fine. Not only would I not be sad, such an event would be the betterment for the country and world.

I always try to be the forever optimist in terms of redemption. And whenever I hear the news that someone who's lived a horrible life and done terrible things in his or her life, my thought always is that perhaps--just perhaps--in those dying breaths he or she realized all the mistakes they made in their life and all the people they've hurt, and expressed some sort of regret and remorse for their actions, and leave it up to whatever cosmic power that be whether he or she will ultimately be forgiven.

But for him, I just see him unable to come to those sorts of grips with who he is and unable to redeem himself or seek any sort of remorse or humility. Even to the very end.

I've heard stories about people who've lived under cruel autocracies and dictatorships where once their leader's rule is over, there's just this overwhelming sense of anger and betrayal and really rage that someone could come in and corrupt and mishandle their power over the people they are supposed to protect. And now I can really say I can understand how they feel.

And I can't stand myself for even thinking all this. I was not raised to hate anyone. I was not raised to think that the world is better off without someone than with someone. It's just not who I am. For nearly four decades on this earth, I have not hated a single soul.

But God help me. Literally.

I think I hate him.

mreilly (1,737 posts)
2. I hope he drops dead from a stroke every day...

... stroke, heart attack, brain embolism, cancer, you name it, if he keels over the first thing I do is get my hands on a bottle of scotch and the second thing is to share it with anyone willing to toast what I hope is his speedy and screaming descent straight into hell.

He is a rotten, childish, selfish, nose-thumbing, shit-slinging little asshole whose own behavior and personality will bring him down.

Like you, I would never wish or inflict harm upon him, but he if does himself in through his ever-ending tirades, tantrums and pants-wetting, all the better. That's called karma.

Star Member BSdetect (2,848 posts)
3. Karma requires one not to overtly wish harm but we can only take so much of the lumbering lecherous

lump of lard

meow2u3 (21,340 posts)
4. I'm Catholic and if I go to hell...

...it'll be because of what I think of Trump. I utterly despise him, too--I don't think he's even human!

How can you be human when you have no sense of human decency, no sense of human compassion, and no sense of human kindness, to name a few? This man has zero redeeming qualities!

furtheradu (1,567 posts)
5. TC, I completely agree with Your words.

Every word. I never hated any one before. It's an ugly, overwhelming & exhausting feeling. It truly hurts my Spirit. I can't deny it, though.

smirkymonkey (23,288 posts)
6. All of this!

With a few exceptions. I KNOW I hate him. I do not feel guilty about it. I would be very happy if something awful happened to him that removed him from the face of the planet. (I know, we liberals are supposed to be pacifists and generally I am, but when it comes to people like Trump, McConnell, Ryan, etc., I really think the world would be much better without them in it.) However, I am not personally going to do anything to hurry this along.

I am just out of ****s to give. I hate this man with a passion and it enrages me that he even exists at all. What really worries me is that even if he is no longer president, we will have to be subjected to his miserable, constant media presence for the rest of his useless life.

Why is it that evil never dies? Look at Cheney. Look at all the fat, old republicans that should have been dead decades ago that are still kicking.

niyad (57,247 posts)
7. you expressed it perfectly. I HATE HIM

keeping several bottles of sparkling wine chilled.

ismnotwasm (32,012 posts)
10. He's one of the most physically repulsive human being I've ever seen

He's not exactly ugly. And what people generally consider ugly usually has its own charm. No. He exudes overindulgence like too-strong cologne, his face falls into petulant lines automatically. His voice has the sing-song overlay of the school yard bully in first or second grade, disgusting in a man who should be present himself as an elder statesman. He has no dignity, no charm, not when measured by usual metrics. I am unable to see what the RW sees--they like this man, love what he stands for.

But physically repulsiveness is just the beginning, and I think you've outlined much of what makes him abhorrent from the inside well.

It's like he's a deadly childhood cancer, or other, necrotizing diseases made sentient.

I am unable to hate, but I am able to abhor and shun. I think I would experience nausea if he came to my city---that's far too close.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Re: Behold, the party of love, understanding, and tolerance
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2017, 01:12:33 PM »
Just when you think they couldn't reveal their irrational and viceral hatred any further, DUmmies just dig deep.   Much to our delight & amusement.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Online Old n Grumpy

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2017, 01:16:53 PM »
To all you hate filled dummies, I don't hate any of you .

However I would like to see all of you eat shit and die a slow, painful death and rot in the burning flames of hell for all eternity.

Other than that have a nice day!! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

PS here is some extra periods...................................................................................................
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline SVPete

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2017, 01:18:47 PM »
 :yawn: What's with these DU-long-termers posting fluff like this? Are they afraid their DU-Cred-Points are about to expire? Are they trying to buck up the DU-troops after yet another special election disappointment? :yawn:

Beyond that, WHATEVER ...
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline BadCat

• I H8 Liberals
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2017, 01:32:39 PM »
Their misery makes me happy.
Help keep America beautiful...deface a liberal.

The Democrat and Republican parties are simply the left and right wings of the same bird of prey.

The road to freedom is paved with dead liberals.

21fadb4221652b86382c8f73526880b7

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2017, 01:37:29 PM »
Their misery makes me happy.

You're not the only one! :whistling:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2017, 01:52:55 PM »
This is why leftists eventually all become ugly on the outside as well.
Soul rot like that can`t be contained to just the inside.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2017, 02:31:51 PM »
Tommy_Carcetti (30,143 posts)

I hate him.

You have clearly mistaken me for someone who cares enough about your stupid opinions to want to understand you and them.  Wrong.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2017, 03:38:40 PM »
I hate every single person that values the life of a convicted murderer more than the life of an innocent unborn child's life.

Yes, if that means I hate DUmmies and most democrats. So be it.

Offline Bad Dog

• God help me I do love it so
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2017, 03:42:23 PM »
Have to hand it to tommy, that was some grade A virtue signaling he spewed out in that OP.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2017, 03:59:03 PM »
Quote from:
Tommy_Carcetti

I have been taught by my parents, by my peers, by my elders, not to hate anyone. Period.

And how exactly has that worked out for you?

Quote from:
Tommy_Carcetti

I hate him.

I. Hate. Him.

Once again demonstrating you're a failure.  :loser:

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2017, 04:01:21 PM »
And how exactly has that worked out for you?

Once again demonstrating you're a failure.  :loser:

You had one job, Tommy.  ONE JOB!!!

:rotf:
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2017, 04:24:05 PM »
meow2u3 (21,340 posts)

...it'll be because of what I think of Trump. I utterly despise him, too--I don't think he's even human!

How can you be human when you have no sense of human decency, no sense of human compassion, and no sense of human kindness, to name a few? This man has zero redeeming qualities!

No, you are not a Catholic.
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2017, 05:29:22 PM »
**Yawn**

Look dummies... you hate President Trump because he just happens to be the current GOP occupant in the White House.  You hated Bush the same way. You would hate The Almighty Himself if he had an R beside his name, got elected president, and gave you your hearts desire with the snap of His finger.  You would still hate Him. 

So let us be honest here.

It is not President Trump that you hate, it is the R after his name.  If it was a D you would be all loving President Trump.  You know it is true so you might as well admit it and seek help for your problem.  Recognizing you have a problem is the first step in resolving it.

Since that isn't going to happen you dummies can just FOAD.
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline Karin

« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2017, 05:52:23 PM »
Well, I love him.  They're so miserable.  Meanwhile, I'm barbequing ribs tonight and sharing with neighbors.  Cheers!  Clink beer cans. 

Offline Charlespg

• Just Off Probation
  • Somewhere thats nowhere
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2017, 05:53:10 PM »
Just when you think they couldn't reveal their irrational and viceral hatred any further, DUmmies just dig deep.   Much to our delight & amusement.
  They shouldn,t talk about Obama like that

Offline BattleHymn

• Not right, but not left, either.
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2017, 06:04:11 PM »
How he seeks to demonize and divide for no good reason at all.

What's the matter, DUmmies?  Shoe on the other foot?   How does it feel? :rotf:

Offline VelvetElvis

• Misunderestimated
  • Drill Sgt for the DeathSquadHateForce
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2017, 06:06:41 PM »
meow2u3 (21,340 posts)

...it'll be because of what I think of Trump.

Naaah, it'll be because you enthusiastically support the baby butchers at PP and their Dem enablers.

Even your commie Pope Francis draws the line at infanticide.
Proud Member of the Death Squad Hate Force Since  1980

Offline Movie buff- The Sequel

« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2017, 06:21:45 PM »
Repulsive, miserable, hate- filled swine.
Gotta love the one DUmmy who says he/she doesn't wish any harm on President Trump, when in just the previous PARAGRAPH, he said that he hopes every day that Trump will die from a stroke, heart attack, etc..  :bird:
Their own hate is going to bring them to an early grave, while President Trump continues leading this great nation well.

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2017, 06:49:53 PM »
Well, I love him.  They're so miserable.  Meanwhile, I'm barbequing ribs tonight and sharing with neighbors.  Cheers!  Clink beer cans.

Ribs and beer!   :drool:    And sharing with your neighbors to boot.   :cheersmate:

Wished I was your neighbor.    :badmood:

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2017, 06:55:47 PM »
Ribs and beer!   :drool:    And sharing with your neighbors to boot.   :cheersmate:

Wished I was your neighbor.    :badmood:

I had brats and beer for supper the other night, with kraut and onions...    :drool:
You is just about my neighbor, you shoulda come on down...
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2017, 07:21:45 PM »
I had brats and beer for supper the other night, with kraut and onions...    :drool:
You is just about my neighbor, you shoulda come on down...

:drool:  I like brats as well. Especially the cheese ones smoked/cooked over a wood fire.  Or boiled in beer. :drool:

I was on board until you mentioned kraut.  Hate kraut.  Hate cooked cabbage in general. Slaw on some chili dogs is a completely different story.   :cheersmate:

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2017, 07:27:10 PM »
:drool:  I like brats as well. Especially the cheese ones smoked/cooked over a wood fire.  Or boiled in beer. :drool:

I was on board until you mentioned kraut.  Hate kraut.  Hate cooked cabbage in general. Slaw on some chili dogs is a completely different story.   :cheersmate:

Sorry about that, it's my German heritage, I can't help it.

I did have slaw as well...
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2017, 07:39:59 PM »
including her legendary Let’s Move! campaign. She endured the most criticism of any first lady, including name-calling, body shaming,
No, you are not a Catholic.

But it WILL go to hell.
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline Adam Wood

« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2017, 03:31:01 AM »
It must really suck going through life as a hate-filled shitbag.

Even with Obama at his worst (and it's debatable exactly when that was), I never hated him, nor did I hate liberals or Leftists.  And believe me, these hate-filled shitbags have just as much hatred for everyone else who fails to share their opinion as they have expressed here for Trump.  They hate us with the exact same seething passion as they do Trump.

But when Obama was in office, I never hated any of these people.  Occasionally angered or infuriated (think Holder or Kerry), but never hatred, and certainly not towards ordinary, everyday moonbats.  For me, it's much more like the scene from Casablanca:

Ugarte: You despise me, don't you, Rick?
Rick: If I gave you any thought, I probably would.