Author Topic: Hoover TwinTank Disinfecting Steam Mop  (Read 11508 times)

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
Hoover TwinTank Disinfecting Steam Mop
« on: December 02, 2012, 02:11:36 PM »
LINK

I just got a Hoover Steam Mop and I LOVE IT!  You can do sealed wood floors, tile and refresh your carpet. I immediately wanted to see if it would unmat my carpet.  I have large cable "shag" type carpet.  HUG mistake, don't ever buy that kind of carpet.

Well it worked. Then I refreshed my rug in the family room, it looks brand new. Then I did a section of my wood floors (from the front door to the back door). My floors were a mess from my husband working (still) on the stairs/hallway. I vacuum but it looks like crap because the fine dust settles in very crevice. It worked really well. One problem is my floors a rough cut and the microfiber pad snags every once in awhile. It's worth buying more periodically if it works this good.

You can use it with just steam or their cleaner. There are two tanks so you just turn the dial to how much cleaner you want to use.  It's inexpensive, costs around $100. I'm going to clean my bathroom floors next. They are so gross so that will be the true test.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 04:41:41 PM by BEG »

Offline Evil_Conservative

• Oh snap!
Re: Hoover TwinTank Disinfecting Steam Mop
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2012, 04:20:39 PM »
Thanks for reviewing this product.  I've seen it and thought about it... but was thinking it was probably too good to be true for the price.  I would love to have it for our ceramic tile downstairs and or linoleum floors in the upstairs bathrooms and laundry room.  I'll have to buy one soon.  It would make cleaning the floors much easier on me.
You may call me Jessica or Jess.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2012, 08:40:03 PM »
Update: This thing is the best. I had read in the reviews that someone got stains up out of their carpet even though they has steamed cleaned their carpet several times. Well Chloe (our dog) had the runs on my sea grass rug under my dining room table. It was that baby poop kind of color. I first tried to get it up with carpet cleaner, it wouldn't budge. Then I decided to try my new steam mop. I set it to the highest level of cleaning solution, put a huge thick beach towel under the area so it wouldn't screw up my wood flood, then steamed the crap out of it.  It wasn't doing anything at first but slowly I could see it lifting (it has washable microfiber pads). After I noticed the stain lifting I switched it back to steam only.  It was pretty damp by the time I was done so I propped that part of the rug on the chairs and left it over night. You can not tell where the stain is, it is completely gone.

Offline Dori

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2012, 08:46:19 PM »
Thanks for the tip.  I might get one.  Will it work on laminate floors? 
“How fortunate for governments that the people     they administer don't think”  Adolph Hitler

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2012, 08:59:25 PM »
I have a similar mop... it's great on hard floors (wood, linoleum, tile).  Never had a problem with it.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 04:43:23 PM by Chris_ »
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2012, 09:12:59 PM »
Thanks for the tip.  I might get one.  Will it work on laminate floors? 

Yes!

Offline whiffleball

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2012, 06:32:04 AM »
I've got the Eureka Enviro and love it even though the tank doesn't hold much.

The best thing about the steam mop is how fast the floors dry.  It's almost instantaneous.