Author Topic: ISIS using bombs containing live SCORPIONS in effort to spread panic . . .  (Read 2062 times)

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
The whole title is below . . .

ISIS using bombs containing live SCORPIONS in effort to spread panic, in tactic used 2,000 years ago against Romans

Canisters packed with the creatures are being blasted into Iraqi towns
They do not cause mass causalities but have serious psychological impact
The tactic was first used by Iraqis in the desert city of Hatra in 198-199AD
They would pack clay pots full of scorpions and hurl them at Roman armies

By     Annabel Grossman for MailOnline

Published: 07:09 EST, 16 December 2014 | Updated: 09:06 EST, 16 December 2014

Canisters packed with poisonous varieties of scorpion are being blasted into towns and villages - scattering the creatures and inciting panic

Militants fighting for the Islamic State in Iraq have unveiled their latest terror tactic - bombs containing hundreds of live scorpions designed to spread fear among their enemies.

Canisters packed with poisonous varieties of scorpion are being blasted into towns and villages, which explode on impact - scattering the scorpions and causing panic among the innocent local population.

Although scorpion bombs sound like something out of a modern horror movie, the tactic is actually thousands of years old and was first used by Iraqis fighting against the Roman Empire.

Hamish de Bretton-Gordon, ex-head of chemical and biological weapons for the Army and Nato, told The Mirror that ISIS had improvised devices to launch the poisonous creatures in 2ft bombs.

He said: 'Scorpions are robust – even if they are launched a couple of miles, when the canister breaks thousands are flung out and start crawling all around.

Back in my days as a Brave Rifle, when we found scorpions, we did one thing--quickly--we killed the bastards.  I can see how this would have an effect, though the decelleration when the shell hit the ground--to say nothing of the blast effect--might be tough to survive . . .

The rest is here:  http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2875968/ISIS-using-bombs-containing-live-SCORPIONS-effort-spread-panic-tactic-used-2-000-years-ago-against-Romans.html
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Big Dog

• ^^Smokes cigars and knows things.
Worse job in the jihadi army- the guy who has to catch all those scorpions.

Worse than burning the shit in the latrines, by far.
Government is the negation of liberty.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline RayRaytheSBS

• "There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men."
Worse job in the jihadi army- the guy who has to catch all those scorpions.

Worse than burning the shit in the latrines, by far.

You act as if ISIS burns their shit. Everyone knows they just crap in a hole in the floor and leave it there. Seriously, they wouldn't know what to do with the five 'F's of field sanitation if they were smacked with each one of them.
“Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion is wishful thinking at its worst. Breeds that forget this basic truth have always paid for it with their lives and their freedoms”

“The best things in life are beyond money; their price is agony and sweat and devotion ... and the price demanded for the most precious of all things in life is life itself - ultimate cost for perfect value.”
― Robert A. Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
You would just get scorpion guts on you besides the shrapnel  right?

"An army of deer led by a lion is more to be feared than an army of lions led by a deer." Phillip of Macedonia, father to Alexander.

Offline thundley4

They don't use exploding bombs, more like containers that break open and let the scorpions loose. Some would die on impact, but some would live.

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
They don't use exploding bombs, more like containers that break open and let the scorpions loose. Some would die on impact, but some would live.

the live ones wouldn't be in shock?

"An army of deer led by a lion is more to be feared than an army of lions led by a deer." Phillip of Macedonia, father to Alexander.

Offline thundley4

the live ones wouldn't be in shock?

They'd be mad as hell and looking for someone to sting.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities

That would be my best guess.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline Mr Mannn

The more I learn about islam, the less I respect its people.