Author Topic: So, it's Wednesday....  (Read 10243 times)

Offline Flame

So, it's Wednesday....
« on: January 02, 2008, 10:15:35 AM »
(and just 'cause I started this with "so" does NOT make it a bouncy! lol )

Debating on whether or not to take the kids to a movie this afternoon.  Youngest had a low fever this morning (99.7) but it went away with no meds. Still snotty and coughing.  But we've been cooped up ALL week and they go back to school tomorrow.

Cold here today, too...high of 30, plus 20-30 mph winds. 

Blah.

What's everyone else up to??

Offline jtyangel

Re: So, it's Wednesday....
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2008, 10:45:07 AM »
I'm going nuts here with everyone home, but we have to wait until Monday for them to go back. :bs: :banghead:

Taking the daughter out with her friend at the weekend to see the 2nd National Treasure movie and to lunch. Girl's day out.

Right now, I'm looking at a toasty fire in the fireplace and the new white cover on the ground. If the kids were at school, it would actually be soothing :lmao:

Offline Flame

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2008, 10:47:57 AM »
I'm going nuts here with everyone home, but we have to wait until Monday for them to go back. :bs: :banghead:

Taking the daughter out with her friend at the weekend to see the 2nd National Treasure movie and to lunch. Girl's day out.

Right now, I'm looking at a toasty fire in the fireplace and the new white cover on the ground. If the kids were at school, it would actually be soothing :lmao:

We saw National Treasure before Christmas...everyone loved it.

Still not sure about the movie here...the kids can't agree on one.

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2008, 11:19:35 AM »

We saw National Treasure before Christmas...everyone loved it.

Still not sure about the movie here...the kids can't agree on one.

I don't have that option...one younger one and my autsie son...well, there is something called a weighted vest we need to get for him before taking him to places like that. For some reason it gives them the sense of their body to stay focused. I'm not sure exactly what, but they need it to define their boundary in some way. Until then, I'm not daring to take all three anywhere like that so I take my oldest out alone a lot and then my boys where they can manage. My youngest is just fine but he's a handful and well, a 3 year old boy. His personality is better suited for burning off energy at the park--something that's not happening right now with 17 degrees outside.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2008, 11:34:25 AM »
Back to work.   :bawl:

Had light snow last night....have never seen winds that fast before.  The snow was horizontal for a while.  Fortunately it did not stick to the roads this time.
It was 17 degrees when I left home this morning.  The windchill was somewhere around 4 degrees.
We are NOT amused.
We are ready for Spring.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2008, 02:01:06 PM »
I'm doing laundry and trying to get out of going to pick up some clothes from the dry-cleaner.

It's so cold outside.  Below freezing and VERY windy.  :bawl:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2008, 02:30:59 PM »
Cold and windy here!!!  :banghead: I really need to go grocery shopping since we were gone over the holidays. Pizza hut tonight though!  :-)
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2008, 02:53:42 PM »
Same here, with the weather....cold....windy...yet sunny.

Did things around the house today, like laundry....and finishing packing up the Christmas decorations. Got everything taken down yesterday, but didn't get it all packed up. It will be put up this evening  :bouncy:
"My friends, we live in the greatest nation in the history of the world. I hope you'll join with me to try to change it."

Barack Obama

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2008, 02:57:52 PM »
We're stuck inside with the awful artic cold staying outside.  It's not fit for man or beast. 

That reminds me.  I should let the dogs back in. 

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2008, 03:12:08 PM »
Took the oldest girl to Borders today. She's back to kindergarten tomorrow, so I wanted to spend a bit of daddy/daughter quality time. Hot chocolate for her, coffee (way overpriced) for me, a couple of books, and conversation. A fun way to spend the afternoon. We've been going to Border's together since she was an infant. It's pretty cool.

I'm off till Monday!  :-)
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline RightCoast

• Semper Fi means more than most will ever know
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2008, 03:42:08 PM »
(and just 'cause I started this with "so" does NOT make it a bouncy! lol )

Debating on whether or not to take the kids to a movie this afternoon.  Youngest had a low fever this morning (99.7) but it went away with no meds. Still snotty and coughing.  But we've been cooped up ALL week and they go back to school tomorrow.

Cold here today, too...high of 30, plus 20-30 mph winds. 

Blah.

What's everyone else up to??

We saw the Bee Movie yesterday (I know it was NYD) and the kids 3,8 & and 9 yro on loan from the neighbors all loved it.
nine eleven is a car
nine one one is an emergency service
September 11, 2001 was an attack
Never Forget, or Minimize.

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2008, 03:57:41 PM »
Took the oldest girl to Borders today. She's back to kindergarten tomorrow, so I wanted to spend a bit of daddy/daughter quality time. Hot chocolate for her, coffee (way overpriced) for me, a couple of books, and conversation. A fun way to spend the afternoon. We've been going to Border's together since she was an infant. It's pretty cool.

Aww, that's sweet, splash. I love time alone with any of my children. Always is fun.

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2008, 04:08:56 PM »

Aww, that's sweet, splash. I love time alone with any of my children. Always is fun.

She's fun to hang out with.  :)
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2008, 07:14:30 PM »

She's fun to hang out with.  :)

I don't doubt that:-) I may have to get a pic thread going soon for those comfy with posting human babies and furry babies:-)

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2008, 07:16:54 PM »
Ehh, I worked and worked today.  I got a ton of filing still from the previous lady.  I sorted and got halfway through the G's.  My (optimistic) goal was to be done by end of Friday.  Then I can box up old files and move these to their spot for the next year and get started on this year's crapola.

Tonight I'm meeting up with my bestest friend who's in town from Florida and another friend who's in from Cali.  I cannot be hungover tomorrow at work.
Stink Eye
"Bloodninja: It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass."

Offline Chris_

« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2008, 07:32:43 PM »
Ehh, I worked and worked today.  I got a ton of filing still from the previous lady.  I sorted and got halfway through the G's.  My (optimistic) goal was to be done by end of Friday.  Then I can box up old files and move these to their spot for the next year and get started on this year's crapola.

Tonight I'm meeting up with my bestest friend who's in town from Florida and another friend who's in from Cali.  I cannot be hungover tomorrow at work.
...so just call in tomorrow morning and tell 'em you have anal-glaucoma.  (Just can't see yer a$$ going to work)   :-)

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2008, 07:34:22 PM »

...so just call in tomorrow morning and tell 'em you have anal-glaucoma.  (Just can't see yer a$$ going to work)   :-)

I already told my boss I was meeting up with friends.  Plus, with end of the month stuff going on, I think she'd come here and kill me if I didn't go in tomorrow. 
Stink Eye
"Bloodninja: It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass."

Offline Celtic Rose

• All American Girl
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2008, 11:03:00 PM »
I had work today.  Still slow because a lot of people are still on vacation, but enough work that I can't slack off completely  :bawl:Basically, lots of hurry up and wait.