Author Topic: Weird dreams you've had.  (Read 5585 times)

Offline djones520

Weird dreams you've had.
« on: January 07, 2008, 11:07:10 AM »
Figured it would be interesting to see what goes on in our heads.

Today I dreamt I was being mauled by a grizzly.  Not an entirely pleasant sensation.  There was no pain in the event, but I was scared out of my mind when I woke up.
"Chuck Norris once had sex in an 18 wheeler. Some of his semen dripped onto the engine. We now call that truck Optimus Prime."

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
Re: Weird dreams you've had.
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2008, 11:58:32 AM »
I've had the same dream many times when I was a kid.  I dreamt that I could jump over buildings.  I always had two other friends with me but every time it was different friends.  We are walking to the neighborhood dime store.  On our way back I noticed a man who had donkey ears and was walking a donkey was chasing us.  I told my friends to hold my hands and we jumped over the store.  The next time I looked back the man with the donkey was still right behind us.  I get to my house and I go to my front door and bang on the door.  My Mom answers the door and tells me that we can't come in because our feet are muddy.  I look back and see the man with the donkey so I climb the tree in our front yard.  I look down and the man is looking right up the tree and has a gun.  He pulls the trigger and I wake up.

I haven't had that dream since I was a kid but I still remember it to this day.

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2008, 12:03:14 PM »
Had a dream I was a Spartan the other night. I died.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2008, 12:04:25 PM »

Can you die in your own dream?

Offline djones520

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2008, 12:05:05 PM »

I've been "killed" in dreams of mine, though I can't say I've died.  Kinda hard to explain.
"Chuck Norris once had sex in an 18 wheeler. Some of his semen dripped onto the engine. We now call that truck Optimus Prime."

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2008, 12:06:18 PM »

I've been "killed" in dreams of mine, though I can't say I've died.  Kinda hard to explain.

I have always wondered, if you are dead, how can you be in your dream?

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2008, 12:24:39 PM »
I have always wondered, if you are dead, how can you be in your dream?

I moved on.  :-)
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline VelvetElvis

• Misunderestimated
  • Drill Sgt for the DeathSquadHateForce
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2008, 04:18:12 PM »
I've had the same dream many times when I was a kid.  I dreamt that I could jump over buildings.  I always had two other friends with me but every time it was different friends.  We are walking to the neighborhood dime store.  On our way back I noticed a man who had donkey ears and was walking a donkey was chasing us.  I told my friends to hold my hands and we jumped over the store.  The next time I looked back the man with the donkey was still right behind us.  I get to my house and I go to my front door and bang on the door.  My Mom answers the door and tells me that we can't come in because our feet are muddy.  I look back and see the man with the donkey so I climb the tree in our front yard.  I look down and the man is looking right up the tree and has a gun.  He pulls the trigger and I wake up.

Let me put on the Dr. Phil hat and interpret your dream for you:

The man with the donkey ears and the donkey are Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi respectively.  They noticed you had money to spend at the dime store, figured that meant you were undertaxed, and wanted to take it from you via higher taxes (hence the gun).  Your Mom represents voter apathy, to the tune of "They're only soaking the rich, so it's OK by me".

Or maybe you're just kinda weird. :mental: :-)

Proud Member of the Death Squad Hate Force Since  1980

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2008, 04:24:35 PM »
BEG's boogeyman is The Democrat.
"My friends, we live in the greatest nation in the history of the world. I hope you'll join with me to try to change it."

Barack Obama

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2008, 04:29:43 PM »

Let me put on the Dr. Phil hat and interpret your dream for you:

The man with the donkey ears and the donkey are Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi respectively.  They noticed you had money to spend at the dime store, figured that meant you were undertaxed, and wanted to take it from you via higher taxes (hence the gun).  Your Mom represents voter apathy, to the tune of "They're only soaking the rich, so it's OK by me".

Or maybe you're just kinda weird. :mental: :-)

LOL that was great! 

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2008, 04:30:26 PM »
BEG's boogeyman is The Democrat.

It would be if I had the dream recently but I had them back when I didn't even know there were democrats.   :p

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2008, 04:35:11 PM »
BEG you just didn't know evil's name yet.  :lmao:
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2008, 04:42:26 PM »
BEG you just didn't know evil's name yet.  :lmao:

LMAO  Wow I was a friggen brilliant child and didn't  even know it.

Offline Atomic Lib Smasher

• Liberal Hunter
  • Just Say Nobama
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2008, 05:59:24 PM »

Are they falling dreams? I've had those a few times, and when I am about to splat on the pavement, ground, or whatever.... I wake up almost like "bouncing" up. Anybody else have that type of shit happen???

Liberalism is the philosophy of the stupid! - Mark R. Levin

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2008, 06:07:08 PM »
Lately I have had many dreams that span multiple days -- sometimes for a week.  I actually sleep and dream in my dreams.

In the worst one, I was coming home my home subtly changed -- I couldn't get in with my key but I could get into the next door neighbor's house, which led to a bunch of dream-type stuff that makes no sense now but perfect sense in the dream.

Finally, it occurred to me that I was in a dream.  This was like a Twilight Zone (or Futurama) episode where everything made sense and didn't make sense.

I walked up to a light post and hit it as hard as I could.  I just hurt my hand.  I finally was thinking of throwing myself in front of a truck, but was too afraid I was wrong this WASN'T a dream.  I woke up a "short time" after that.

It haunts me when I let my mind rest and it was about 10 months ago.  I am so afraid I will go back to that place where all physical laws make sense but I have been phased out but yet exist.

*brrr*

If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2008, 07:05:31 PM »

Are they falling dreams? I've had those a few times, and when I am about to splat on the pavement, ground, or whatever.... I wake up almost like "bouncing" up. Anybody else have that type of shit happen???
Have often had the falling dream but can`t remember getting close to crashing.

I do a similar thing in that no matter how bad the dream is,when it gets to a point that is too intense I hear myself in the dream telling me to wake up and I do.

Always wondered if that was the same for everyone.

Offline Schadenfreude

« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2008, 07:16:41 PM »
Recurring weird dreams...

Tooth dreams.  I hate them, I'll be talking and spitting big chunks of tooth out of my mouth.  :whatever:

Being in college and missing a class over and over again because I can't seem to make out the schedule.

Finding lots of money. I like that one!

Finding a room in my house, that I never knew I had. It is spacious, beautiful and ALL MINE.  :-)
“Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.â€

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2008, 07:18:49 PM »
Being in college and missing a class over and over again because I can't seem to make out the schedule.
is that Jungian?  I have had it many times (or variations such as taking the Final without ever attending class) and I have spoken to friends of mine with the same dream (actually nightmare)
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Schadenfreude

« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2008, 07:55:52 PM »
is that Jungian?  I have had it many times (or variations such as taking the Final without ever attending class) and I have spoken to friends of mine with the same dream (actually nightmare)

Yes, the dream always ends with the dreaded final in a class you have never attended.

I don't know if it is Jungian, I suppose I should but that was 27 years ago that I attended. Ouch.  :thatsright:
“Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.â€