Author Topic: Monday, Monday.....sing it with me!  (Read 4763 times)

Offline Flame

Monday, Monday.....sing it with me!
« on: January 07, 2008, 08:11:59 AM »
Or not.  Whatever.

Anyway....day thread goodness here!

Global Warming has reached the DC area...going to be mid 60's today and upper 60's tomorrow.  Oh noes, the sky is falling!!

Today is looking to be an exciting day for me.  :whatever:  I g  et to do a menu plan and make a grocery list so I can head to the store tomorrow.  My exciting outing for the day will be a trip to the library!!  Yipee!!

TOTD: What show do you like to watch on TV that embarrasses you to admit?  C'mon...you know you have those shows, that when no one else is around, you watch, but when someone walks in the room, you act like you were just channel surfing.

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
Re: Monday, Monday.....sing it with me!
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2008, 08:15:15 AM »
Back to work for me today--not much posting. I'm on my planning period  :-)

TOTD: Lost, America's next top chef.

Ok. I'm going back to making a difference! :-)
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2008, 09:10:33 AM »
Ba da - Ba da da da
Ba da - Ba da da da
Ba da - Ba da da da
(enter strings; cue vocalist)
Ba da - Ba da da da (backgrounded)
 Monday, monday
 So good to me,
 Monday, monday
 It was all I hoped it would be
 Oh monday morning, monday morning....

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2008, 09:14:48 AM »
TOTD:  I watch sitcom reruns at night in bed.  It doesn't really embarrass me.  It is what I enjoy.

But there are the high-minded who think it is a waste of time.

Well, so is sex without procreation, if we really want to judge.

:tongue:

Offline Flame

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2008, 09:21:10 AM »
Ba da - Ba da da da
Ba da - Ba da da da
Ba da - Ba da da da
 Monday, monday
 So good to me,
 Monday, monday

I knew I could count on you, Undies!!

Offline Shamrock

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2008, 10:42:20 AM »
It's 63 here now and windy, gonna get up to 67 with t-storms developing this afternoon.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2008, 10:48:50 AM »
TOTD: I like some really cheesy reality shows like Gene Simmons, and Real Housewives of Orange County. Train wreck worthy!!!  :rotf:
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2008, 10:51:40 AM »
Ba da - Ba da da da
Ba da - Ba da da da
Ba da - Ba da da da
 Monday, monday
 So good to me,
 Monday, monday

I knew I could count on you, Undies!!

That is what for which I am here.

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2008, 07:48:11 PM »
Been a long day here, but fortunately we have a brief couple days of the same global warming many are getting :naughty:

TOTD: Bridezillas...I really don't like the show, but the stomping of feet and temper tantrums are just amazing. How some of the men still think it is a good idea to marry some of those women amazes me. They don't think 'that' will get even worse as time progresses?  :mental:

But if someone comes into the room, it goes off. :uhsure:

Offline Schadenfreude

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2008, 07:52:40 PM »
TOTD: I took perverse pleasure in Love Connection. It was a show in which one a person selected a date from 3 video interviews.... they then go out and return to tell how good or how bad it was.

I enjoyed the hell out of it when the date backfired. It just reminded me of so many times I went out and it was a total disaster.  :lmao:
“Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.â€

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2008, 08:02:03 PM »
Been a long day here, but fortunately we have a brief couple days of the same global warming many are getting :naughty:

TOTD: Bridezillas...I really don't like the show, but the stomping of feet and temper tantrums are just amazing. How some of the men still think it is a good idea to marry some of those women amazes me. They don't think 'that' will get even worse as time progresses?  :mental:

But if someone comes into the room, it goes off. :uhsure:

I love that show too. And yep, I keep one hand on the remote too!

I love the way the announcer gets schadenfruede while doing the voiceovers.....
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2008, 08:32:36 PM »
My youngest is "sick" today.  I put it in quotes because I don't know for a fact that she is sick.  I couldn't get her in to see the doctor until 8:15 tomorrow morning.  She claims her throat hurts and she does have a cough but she has been known to fake it before.   ::)

TOTD:  Desperate Housewives...... :hyper:  My husband and I both like watching Leave it to Beaver and I Love Lucy reruns on saturday morning on TVLAND.   :-)

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2008, 08:33:48 PM »
TOTD: I like some really cheesy reality shows like Gene Simmons, and Real Housewives of Orange County. Train wreck worthy!!!  :rotf:

We love watching Gene Simmons reality show. 

Offline morningAngel

« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2008, 08:39:56 PM »
My youngest is "sick" today.  I put it in quotes because I don't know for a fact that she is sick.  I couldn't get her in to see the doctor until 8:15 tomorrow morning.  She claims her throat hurts and she does have a cough but she has been known to fake it before.   ::)

TOTD:  Desperate Housewives...... :hyper:  My husband and I both like watching Leave it to Beaver and I Love Lucy reruns on saturday morning on TVLAND.   :-)
my little one is sick too..blew chunks all over at headstart, was pale, had a 102.1 temp...actually is NAPPING  which has me worried, I got the temp down but it is so unlike her to nap, am thinking no work for me tomorrow, or at least no going in to the office, fortunately I can do most everything from home with computer, fax and three phone lines...

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2008, 08:42:11 PM »

my little one is sick too..blew chunks all over at headstart, was pale, had a 102.1 temp...actually is NAPPING  which has me worried, I got the temp down but it is so unlike her to nap, am thinking no work for me tomorrow, or at least no going in to the office, fortunately I can do most everything from home with computer, fax and three phone lines...

I sure hope she starts feeling better soon.  My kid also took a nap today which is unheard of for her so perhaps she really is sick and I will feel like a crappy mother for questioning her.

Offline morningAngel

« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2008, 08:43:54 PM »

I sure hope she starts feeling better soon.  My kid also took a nap today which is unheard of for her so perhaps she really is sick and I will feel like a crappy mother for questioning her.

well I had the throwing up and the temperature for evidence, otherwise I tend to be a bit suspicious as well, especially since its the first day back for her after the holidays...

Offline Lauri

« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2008, 12:21:54 AM »

We love watching Gene Simmons reality show. 

we were watching that one too.. so what happened after the His and Hers face lifts?? did they look weird?  :popcorn: