Author Topic: Soiling the bar with a late day thread  (Read 5733 times)

Offline jtyangel

Soiling the bar with a late day thread
« on: January 01, 2008, 05:35:46 PM »
Now that my bar top dancing days are over since wasp never showed up with the music, I am feeling the need for the day thread. So how goes it?

Snowing here in home of the Buckeyes, watching USC crush Illinois(yes, I know the Illini beat the Bucks :asssmack:) and just generally keeping the crew inline so football watching is possible.

I have no topic of the day and think that could stand a rest for a bit...but, meh, we'll see how it goes. :popcorn:

Offline Lord Undies

Re: Soiling the bar with a late day thread
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2008, 07:51:09 PM »
This has been such a nothing day.  I have been shut up in this house with my Little Princess Angel all day.  The phone has hardly rang.  I guess no one loves me today.  I'm eating some dark chocolate peanut M&M's.  I must be trying to fill a void. 

I use to (volunteer) counsel recovering drug and alcohol addicts.  Almost everyone of them had the same complaint.  They had no idea how to fill their time since they weren't getting high anymore.  I thought I understood.  Now I understand.  Boredom can kill a person. 

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2008, 07:59:12 PM »
This has been such a nothing day.  I have been shut up in this house with my Little Princess Angel all day.  The phone has hardly rang.  I guess no one loves me today.  I'm eating some dark chocolate peanut M&M's.  I must be trying to fill a void. 

I use to (volunteer) counsel recovering drug and alcohol addicts.  Almost everyone of them had the same complaint.  They had no idea how to fill their time since they weren't getting high anymore.  I thought I understood.  Now I understand.  Boredom can kill a person. 

Undies, I'll agree with that. And more stupid stuff happens in times of boredom then any other time.

It's been a pretty lazy day here too hence my increased internet time today and the last few days. I'm actually looking forward to the kids going back to school and my classes starting again next week. I guess there is plenty to do here, but I find it hard to get motivated to do household repairs and projects when I'm freezing my tush off.

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2008, 08:13:18 PM »

Undies, I'll agree with that. And more stupid stuff happens in times of boredom then any other time.

It's been a pretty lazy day here too hence my increased internet time today and the last few days. I'm actually looking forward to the kids going back to school and my classes starting again next week. I guess there is plenty to do here, but I find it hard to get motivated to do household repairs and projects when I'm freezing my tush off.

I have physical limitations, but there is still things I would like to do.  My big problem is I cannot abide being constantly interrupted while working.  That means I am screwed because a four-year-old will constantly interrupt, God bless her.  This is why I stay at my computer desk 80% of the time.  I don't frustrate so easily.

Watching my granddaughter fulltime is why some of my posts seem disjointed.  I have known it to take fifteen minutes to get a complete sentance typed.  It is not her fault, of course.  It really isn't fair she is shut up in this house with her old Papa all the time.  She needs an outlet for her energy.  I need an inlet for mine.   

Offline wasp69

• Hillbilly Yeti
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2008, 10:10:43 PM »
Now that my bar top dancing days are over since wasp never showed up with the music, I am feeling the need for the day thread. So how goes it?

Sorry I'm late.  Here ya go.

:evillaugh:
"We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and then bid the geldings to be fruitful."

C.S. Lewis

A community may possess all the necessary moral qualifications, in so high a degree, as to be capable of self-government under the most adverse circumstances; while, on the other hand, another may be so sunk in ignorance and vice, as to be incapable of forming a conception of liberty, or of living, even when most favored by circumstances, under any other than an absolute and despotic government.

John C Calhoun, "Disquisition on Government", 1840

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2008, 11:40:43 PM »

I have physical limitations, but there is still things I would like to do.  My big problem is I cannot abide being constantly interrupted while working.  That means I am screwed because a four-year-old will constantly interrupt, God bless her.  This is why I stay at my computer desk 80% of the time.  I don't frustrate so easily.

Watching my granddaughter fulltime is why some of my posts seem disjointed.  I have known it to take fifteen minutes to get a complete sentance typed.  It is not her fault, of course.  It really isn't fair she is shut up in this house with her old Papa all the time.  She needs an outlet for her energy.  I need an inlet for mine.   

Interestingly this is the same with me...not physical limitation though...I just am not a good multi-tasker, despite that fact that every woman is supposed to be one :uhsure:

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2008, 11:41:44 PM »

Sorry I'm late.  Here ya go.

:evillaugh:

LOL...I do have that burned to disk actually...it travels well :thatsright: :evillaugh: