Author Topic: Favorite place to live?....  (Read 20388 times)

Offline GrayBeard

• Probationary (Probie)
Favorite place to live?....
« on: December 31, 2007, 09:43:52 PM »
So, to all the people like that crazy Rebel running this hole who have experienced different places to live in...what is your favorite?

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
Re: Favorite place to live?....
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2007, 09:45:25 PM »
My parent's house.  :busted:
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline GrayBeard

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2007, 09:46:33 PM »
My parent's house.  :busted:

Come on....You know what I meant.

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2007, 09:49:34 PM »
I'm partial to Florida, but Arizona was gorgeous too.

Offline GrayBeard

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2007, 09:51:26 PM »

What part of Florida?  For the last ~3 years I have called Central Florida home.

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2007, 09:52:50 PM »

Georgia. Hated Mississippi, Germany is not me, and I wouldn't want to live anywhere else than the Southeast. As for short-time living arrangements like deployments, well.....just think about that for a minute.  :uhsure:

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2007, 10:04:51 PM »

What part of Florida?  For the last ~3 years I have called Central Florida home.

Central and South Florida. Went to high school in south and lived my last couple years there in central. Little town called Wauchula for about a year and then on to St. Cloud area.

Offline djones520

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2008, 12:24:09 PM »
NW LP Michigan so far.  Fishins great, huntings great, just enough civilization to have what you need, and just back water enough to have the privacy you want.

I'd like to retire then when my stint in the AF is done.  As fast as the area is growing though, I'm afraid it won't be what I remember.
"Chuck Norris once had sex in an 18 wheeler. Some of his semen dripped onto the engine. We now call that truck Optimus Prime."

Offline Flame

« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2008, 09:29:31 PM »
I've live in TX, CO, KS, OR, TN, FL and WV.

All of the places have their benefits, but I must admit, I find myself missing FL a bit more than I expected to.

Offline RightCoast

• Semper Fi means more than most will ever know
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2008, 10:34:31 PM »

Georgia. Hated Mississippi, Germany is not me, and I wouldn't want to live anywhere else than the Southeast. As for short-time living arrangements like deployments, well.....just think about that for a minute.  :uhsure:

I was in south GA for 2 years and I think it was the best place I've lived.

I grew up on Cape Cod and that would be my number 1 place to live 15 years ago.  But it has changed a lot so much so that we moved away, traffic for one; and housing costs were out of control - though that seems to have made a minor correction.
nine eleven is a car
nine one one is an emergency service
September 11, 2001 was an attack
Never Forget, or Minimize.

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2008, 10:38:47 PM »

I grew up on Cape Cod and that would be my number 1 place to live 15 years ago.  But it has changed a lot so much so that we moved away, traffic for one; and housing costs were out of control - though that seems to have made a minor correction.

If "South Georgia" you mean Valdosta, well, I'm not "neck" enough to live there.  :lmao:

If you mean Savannah, oh man, I'm there.

Offline RightCoast

« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2008, 10:45:38 PM »

If "South Georgia" you mean Valdosta, well, I'm not "neck" enough to live there.  :lmao:

If you mean Savannah, oh man, I'm there.

I spent several long weekends in Savannah as well as 2 St Paddy's Days and that is the area I would look at if I could get my wife to leave the northeast.

I was stationed at Kings Bay/ St Mary's thats about as far south as you can get without being in FLA.
nine eleven is a car

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2008, 10:50:49 PM »
I spent several long weekends in Savannah as well as 2 St Paddy's Days and that is the area I would look at if I could get my wife to leave the northeast.

I was stationed at Kings Bay/ St Mary's thats about as far south as you can get without being in FLA.

Best of both worlds then, Savannah and Jacksonville.  :cheersmate:

Offline RightCoast

« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2008, 11:06:06 PM »

Best of both worlds then, Savannah and Jacksonville.  :cheersmate:

Jacksonville, we were there almost every weekend.  Just down the highway and over the bridge.
nine eleven is a car

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2008, 11:08:34 PM »
Minnesota has some good hunting and fishing. If one is into winter sports, it's a great place to live, but not for this Texas Boy. San Diego was pretty good on the whole, but the city, itself, sucks. Outlying burbs are pretty OK. Texas is my "home" and I plan on returning pretty soon. Of course I'd prefer to be in North Central Texas.
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2008, 11:15:57 PM »
Minnesota has some good hunting and fishing. If one is into winter sports, it's a great place to live, but not for this Texas Boy. San Diego was pretty good on the whole, but the city, itself, sucks. Outlying burbs are pretty OK. Texas is my "home" and I plan on returning pretty soon. Of course I'd prefer to be in North Central Texas.

Too bad you can't kill but one f'n Deer.  :whatever:

Lame ass Yank state.  :-)

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2008, 11:18:59 PM »
Depends on where in MN that one hunts. Up North, some areas allow up to five deer. I just hunt the wrong place.
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline MASHLover

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2008, 04:25:12 AM »
I was never stationed in Nashville, but I lived there for a couple of years after I got out, moved back to Ohio because my dad asked me too, but, if I EVER get the chance I would LOVE to move back to Nashville!!  I loved it there, great night life, nice people, easy to get around and the cost of living was not too bad.  Other than that, Florida simply because my kids live there!
formerly Striker

Offline Gator...NOT

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2008, 06:46:11 AM »
Fave place to live would be either San Diego CA, Buenos Aires Argentina, London England, Vancouver, Toronto or Fairbanks Alaska. 

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2008, 07:04:27 AM »
Texas hillcountry...northwest of Austin.
I am presently in exile in Tennessee, near Nashville.  Too far east and too far north for me.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline djones520

« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2008, 07:07:22 AM »

Too bad you can't kill but one f'n Deer.  :whatever:

Lame ass Yank state.  :-)

Is that all?  Hell, in Michigan you can get 3 no probs.  If you live in a TB area, you can bag as many as you want.
"Chuck Norris once had sex in an 18 wheeler. Some of his semen dripped onto the engine. We now call that truck Optimus Prime."

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2008, 08:32:18 AM »
I am presently in exile in Tennessee, near Nashville.  Too far east and too far north for me.

I know someone in Cedar Park...is that close to the area of Texas you like? I know Cedar Park is outside of Austin, just not sure where.

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2008, 10:24:20 AM »

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2008, 11:08:22 AM »

I know someone in Cedar Park...is that close to the area of Texas you like? I know Cedar Park is outside of Austin, just not sure where.
My FIL lives there.  When I lived in Austin, circa 20 years ago, Cedar Park was waaaaaay out in teh sticks.  Now it's "in town".  I sooooo wanna go home.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2008, 11:16:59 AM »

My FIL lives there.  When I lived in Austin, circa 20 years ago, Cedar Park was waaaaaay out in teh sticks.  Now it's "in town".  I sooooo wanna go home.

Yeah, I get that impression from that buddy of mine too. I think even when he moved there 10 or so years ago it was still pretty much the sticks.