Author Topic: Pam makes enchiladas  (Read 6194 times)

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
Re: Pam makes enchiladas
« Reply #50 on: February 09, 2012, 01:12:47 PM »
I do them the exact same way except for the chili's and tomatoes I use a can or two of Rotel.

That's exactly what I use. Just figured I'd post the ingredients.  :cheersmate:

BTW, they sell a blanco Velveeta now. Makes awesome cheese dip.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #51 on: February 09, 2012, 01:14:56 PM »
Black BEANS, yes.  Black eyed peas?  AYFKM?

Found it:

grasswire  (1000+ posts)      Mon Sep-26-11 12:31 AM

1. I just add a few things to that old fave.

I use three different kinds of beans (pinto, black, butter or blackeyed pea), some Better Than Bouillon beef stock, a handful of cornmeal, and some worcestershire sauce. I don't use garlic, and I do use lots of beef.

Wish I could have a bowl, but I can't take the carbs now. Maybe I'll make some with just a few beans.

Nothing is better in October, IMO!

http://www.conservativecave.com/index.php/topic,64976.0/highlight,chili.html

Not just black-eyed peas, but BUTTER beans.  :puke:

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #52 on: February 09, 2012, 01:17:19 PM »
Again, these are the same lunatics that believe this:

is not only artistic genius, but worth 3,000 dollars.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=282x2490

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #53 on: February 09, 2012, 01:28:13 PM »
Found it:

I recall that some primitive did that, but didn't recall it was the fecund grasswire primitive.

She's the pie-and-jam primitive out there in suburban Portland, Oregon, who's about 65 years old and walks around inside of five or six winter coats in the dead of summer, pulling a child's little red wagon behind her. 

The self-appointed defender of Omaha Steve against the nefarious franksolich. 

apres moi, le deluge

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #54 on: February 09, 2012, 01:32:56 PM »
Found it:

See, now that just ain't right.  And was that her that had pics of her pie in the paper that looked like someone took a crap in an aluminum tin?
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #55 on: February 09, 2012, 01:33:39 PM »
See, now that just ain't right.  And was that her that had pics of her pie in the paper that looked like someone took a crap in an aluminum tin?

Yepper.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Karin

« Reply #56 on: February 09, 2012, 01:36:33 PM »
Just hold the phone and stop the presses!

I use three different kinds of beans (pinto, black, butter or blackeyed pea), some Better Than Bouillon beef stock, a handful of cornmeal, and some worcestershire sauce. I don't use garlic, and I do use lots of beef.

Is this chili she's talking about?  Except for the lots of beef part, I reject the rest of the paragraph in its entirety and chuck it in the bin.  Butter beans.  Gritty cornmeal, congealing at the bottom of the pot, w-sauce?  Blackeyed peas?  Oh my God.  

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #57 on: February 09, 2012, 02:15:32 PM »
Sparky's Enchiladas:

Brown ground beef and onion, drain fat.

Have a butt-ton of cheese (I like the pre-shredded Mexican cheese) ready to go.

Sauce:

16 oz can tomato sauce
4-6 ounces green chiles (or one can chopped green chiles)
2 tsp chili powder
1 tsp cayenne pepper (optional if you like hot)
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp garlic powder

Bring sauce ingredients together in saucepan and allow to heat for a few mintues.

In greased or sprayed 13 X 9 pan, put small amount of sauce in bottom.

Using CORN (CORN!!!!) tortillas (microwave them between damp paper towels for 10-15 seconds to make them more pliable), dip each side of the tortilla in the sauce to moisten it, take a spoonful of meat/onion mix and a little cheese, roll them up, and put them in the pan.  Top with remaining sauce and healthy amount of cheese.

Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes.

Oh, that sounds good! Would you mind if I posted it in the Recipes forum? or you can post it there?
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #58 on: February 09, 2012, 02:16:55 PM »
Again, these are the same lunatics that believe this:

is not only artistic genius, but worth 3,000 dollars.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=282x2490

OMG! :lmao:
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #59 on: February 09, 2012, 03:56:15 PM »
Oh, that sounds good! Would you mind if I posted it in the Recipes forum? or you can post it there?

Go for it.  I get tired of the canned sauces, I can't do really hot stuff cause the kids aren't used to it, and believe it or not, it's really hard to find them around here.  Hell, a while back I bought a couple of jalapenos at the local grocery store.  I brought them up and the cashier looked at me like she was a dog that had just heard a funny sound and went, "What are these?"

I wish I was kidding.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #60 on: February 09, 2012, 08:33:14 PM »
Go for it.  I get tired of the canned sauces, I can't do really hot stuff cause the kids aren't used to it, and believe it or not, it's really hard to find them around here.  Hell, a while back I bought a couple of jalapenos at the local grocery store.  I brought them up and the cashier looked at me like she was a dog that had just heard a funny sound and went, "What are these?"

I wish I was kidding.

I definitely want to make this in the next few weeks, I would make it on Sun. but it's supposed to snow on Sat. so I think a nice pot of Chili cooking all day Sun. will be perfect. We have some Spanish Grocers around here so I'll have no problem finding the hot ingredients. Thanks!

Offline Revolution

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • 8/20/50 - 3/8/12 Love you, Pop
« Reply #61 on: February 09, 2012, 09:30:42 PM »
Well, here it is, from the cooking and baking forum, in case anyone wants to try Pamela's enciladas:

http://www.democraticunderground.com/11575704

No cooking and baking primitives have been to this campfire yet.

Just picturing a nasty bunch of enchiladas paste inside a white flour tortilla.

Yep...my cream just curdled.

:usflag: :salutearmy: :saluteaf: :saluteusmc: :salutenavy: :taps:
THANK YOU for what you do!

soon as you find your manhood all else falls into place.

Quote from: Greg Gutfeld
If Ft. Hood was "workplace violence," then the Hindenburg was an air show.

Guns do not kill people. Rotting, festering, disgusting, grimy, evil, un-reparable souls kill people.

I don't know if sand glows in the dark, but we're gonna find out.

3x PROUD Facebook Felon!!

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #62 on: February 09, 2012, 10:28:36 PM »
Star Member Kali
3. ***shudder***

View profile
corn tortillas for enchiladas, please :p

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #63 on: February 09, 2012, 10:47:43 PM »
See?  Ain't just me.  Even DUmmies can figure it out sometimes, even if I take shit for not using lard in my enchiladas/Mexican food--sorry, but I gotta give the kids SOMETHING healthy once in a while.

Offline JakeStyle

« Reply #64 on: February 09, 2012, 10:49:59 PM »
Enchiladas require corn tortillas, they are what gives the enchilada the masa taste.  Flour tortillas are for burrito wrapping.

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #65 on: February 09, 2012, 10:57:52 PM »
Enchiladas require corn tortillas, they are what gives the enchilada the masa taste.  Flour tortillas are for burrito wrapping.

Masa is flour, homes.

Offline JakeStyle

« Reply #66 on: February 09, 2012, 11:00:31 PM »
Masa is flour, homes.

But it is a corn based vs wheat based flour, it has a very different taste.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2012, 11:05:29 PM by JakeStyle »

Offline Traveshamockery

• Nana to Kyle and Garrett
« Reply #67 on: February 09, 2012, 11:13:35 PM »
I make beef enchiladas and I'll weigh in here and say I use flour tortillas, too.  I just don't like the corn ones. 

I make my own homemade enchilada sauce where I let it simmer for an hour or so and it gets nice and spicy.  I don't put any of the sauce in the tortillas but I use hamburger spiced with my own taco seasoning and onions and a bit of freshly grated cheddar cheese.  I then pour all of the sauce on top of the enchiladas, top with cheese and bake.  I just happen to like a lot of sauce with my enchiladas.  I cut up some lettuce and tomatoes and serve that alongside.  My family seems to like it a lot.  Of course, it's more like an enchilada casserole but it's yummy.  It's even better the next day. 

Now Pam puts mozzarella cheese on her "enchiladas?"  That's just gross. 

Anyone else here like Chipotle?  Now their chicken burritos and chicken burritos in a bowl (LOL) are to die for. 

Offline Karin

« Reply #68 on: February 10, 2012, 07:25:35 AM »
I just don't like the corn ones. 

I don't either.  A little bit of cornbread goes a long way with me too.  Still and all, I don't really think it was vere nice of Kali to say ***shudder*** at Pam's recipe.  She's one of theirs, it's OK when our side does it.   :lmao:

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #69 on: February 10, 2012, 09:01:27 AM »
Oh my.

From the cooking and baking campfire that was linked later on in this thread:

grasswire (32,831 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore

4. and just for the misfits on another site who are complaining about everything we post

A google search for "butter bean chili" turns up almost 5.5 MILLION hits. It's a southern thing.

A google search for "blackeyed pea chili" turns up almost 2.5 MILLION hits.

Misfits really need to get out more.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline wasp69

• Hillbilly Yeti
« Reply #70 on: February 10, 2012, 09:06:27 AM »
I'm curious - how did we end up with five pages of comments about the DUmmie reform school prison guard making shitty food?  Seriously, who's in whose head and driving whom?
"We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and then bid the geldings to be fruitful."

C.S. Lewis

A community may possess all the necessary moral qualifications, in so high a degree, as to be capable of self-government under the most adverse circumstances; while, on the other hand, another may be so sunk in ignorance and vice, as to be incapable of forming a conception of liberty, or of living, even when most favored by circumstances, under any other than an absolute and despotic government.

John C Calhoun, "Disquisition on Government", 1840

Offline Maxiest

• Chief Interruptor Officer
  • IT Guru - Social Media Wizard - Recovery Advocate
« Reply #71 on: February 10, 2012, 09:57:30 AM »
grasswire (32,831 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore

4. and just for the misfits on another site who are complaining about everything we post

A google search for "butter bean chili" turns up almost 5.5 MILLION hits. It's a southern thing.

Ok... I have lived in the south my whole life.  Never!!! NEVER!!!! NEVER would me or anyone I know be caught eating butter bean chili.  I do however love Butter beans/Lima Beans and eat them a few times a month...  cooked in good ole redneck bacon grease.

And just for fun I did a search for "Shit chili"  I got About 16,700,000 results (0.22 seconds)

Google search results do not directly correlate to how popular something is.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 10:21:44 AM by Maxiest »
"The society that puts equality before freedom will end up with neither; the society that puts freedom before equality will end up with a great measure of both."

"Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program."

"We have a system that increasingly taxes work and subsidizes nonwork."

-Milton Friedman

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #72 on: February 10, 2012, 10:10:55 AM »
grasswire (32,831 posts)

I don't know what kind of weirdo f'n cooking sites you're visiting, but I was born and raised in Mississippi (Horn Lake, Jackson, Clinton, Byram) and now live in Georgia (Kennesaw, Augusta, Evans). I don't know a ****ing SOUL that puts a damn butter bean in their chili.

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #73 on: February 10, 2012, 10:11:55 AM »
And just for fun I did a search for "Shit chili"  I got About 16,700,000 results (0.22 seconds)

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

For the win!

Offline wasp69

• Hillbilly Yeti
« Reply #74 on: February 10, 2012, 10:33:38 AM »

Google search results do not directly correlate to how popular something is.

"We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and then bid the geldings to be fruitful."

C.S. Lewis

A community may possess all the necessary moral qualifications, in so high a degree, as to be capable of self-government under the most adverse circumstances; while, on the other hand, another may be so sunk in ignorance and vice, as to be incapable of forming a conception of liberty, or of living, even when most favored by circumstances, under any other than an absolute and despotic government.

John C Calhoun, "Disquisition on Government", 1840