Author Topic: FarLeftFist bashes Catholics...  (Read 5855 times)

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
Re: FarLeftFist bashes Catholics...
« Reply #50 on: February 10, 2012, 03:32:33 PM »
Catholics are the biggest targets, with 70 million members.......they forget that combined with evangelicals and the remainder of the Christian denominations, we comprise nearly 70% of the US population......enough to ensure that a "progressive" never gets elected to national office in a generation.......they do this at their own peril......

doc

Lord I hope so DOC! I've about had it with these pukes!!!
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #51 on: February 10, 2012, 09:05:18 PM »
If Obama loses the Catholic vote, Obama loses.

It'll never happen. As an example, the Massholes are all Catholics.

It's illogical, but no matter how much the democrat party shits on Catholics and Jews, both groups will remain solid democrat.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #52 on: February 10, 2012, 09:09:03 PM »
Between the Episcopal church and Unatarians, Obama has plenty of "religious" persons that will pull the lever for him.

I don't automatically equate Christian with Republican or conservative values.  There are too many ignorant people out there to make that assumption.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
« Reply #53 on: February 10, 2012, 09:14:48 PM »

It's illogical, but no matter how much the democrat party shits on Catholics and Jews, both groups will remain solid democrat.

I'm a lifelong Catholic. I work in a Catholic school. Never underestimate the sheer stupidity of the starry-eyed "social justice" liberal Catholic.
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #54 on: February 10, 2012, 09:37:37 PM »
0bama played a shell game today big time, now the church itself won't be paying for it, but the insurance companies that they are paying will be forced to provide it for free. What bugs me is some conservatives fell for it.  :banghead:
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #55 on: February 10, 2012, 09:40:04 PM »
0bama played a shell game today big time, now the church itself won't be paying for it, but the insurance companies that they are paying will be forced to provide it for free. What bugs me is some conservatives fell for it.  :banghead:

Yes they will, they will be paying for the policies and the insurance companies will just adjust the premium accordingly.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #56 on: February 11, 2012, 05:07:37 AM »
Yes they will, they will be paying for the policies and the insurance companies will just adjust the premium accordingly.

Exactly.  Steel on target, and H5.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #57 on: February 11, 2012, 05:35:59 AM »
Are DUmmies Catholophobic?

If not, they are certainly "Godophobic".

They abhor ANY mainstream religion, except those that have multiple deities, and those they make up themselves.
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline BlueStateSaint

« Reply #58 on: February 11, 2012, 05:45:55 AM »
If not, they are certainly "Godophobic".

They abhor ANY mainstream religion, except those that have multiple deities, and those they make up themselves.

They are "abortophilic."
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.

Offline TVDOC

• General Malcontent and
  • Sic Transit Gloria Mundi
« Reply #59 on: February 11, 2012, 12:18:13 PM »
Well, Spirit Daily, a Catholic website that's similar to Matt Drudge's site, links both to articles that say that Obama backed down (MSNBC does this, too), and to a statement by Archbishop Dolan, to he effect of, "We're not believing this."

My thinking is that he'll lose a sizable portion of the Catholic vote--and a lot of Evangelicals, Jews, Baptists, Lutherans, Methodists, etc., will follow.  Enough to offset moonbats?  More than enough.

Well....as touched upon up-thread, the problem is that unlike evangelicals and other Protestant denominations (which are reliably conservative), Catholics are not.......they support Democrats in large numbers......Obama won the Catholic vote in 2008 by a  fairly large margin.  I suspect that this is for a variety of reasons:

Northeasterners of Italian, Polish, Latino, and castillian descent are largely blue-collar, with a very high union affiliation.  Those of the same extraction in any large urban area share the same preference.

Southwestern Latinos from Mexico and Central and South America view the Democrats the champions of immigration, and handouts.

Most all of these groups are Catholic.......

Even the Catholic clergy leans heavily toward liberalism.........only an assumption on my part, but based on discussions it appears that they buy into the idea that wealth redistribution by the government to the poor is a Catholic virtue......

Just the way it looks to me......and this certainly wouldn't be the first time that the Catholic Church threw its principles under the bus for political expediency......

doc
"Study the past if you wish to define the future"

Confucius

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #60 on: February 11, 2012, 12:30:16 PM »
Well....as touched upon up-thread, the problem is that unlike evangelicals and other Protestant denominations (which are reliably conservative), Catholics are not.......they support Democrats in large numbers......Obama won the Catholic vote in 2008 by a  fairly large margin.  I suspect that this is for a variety of reasons:

Northeasterners of Italian, Polish, Latino, and castillian descent are largely blue-collar, with a very high union affiliation.  Those of the same extraction in any large urban area share the same preference.

Southwestern Latinos from Mexico and Central and South America view the Democrats the champions of immigration, and handouts.

Even the Catholic clergy leans heavily toward liberalism.........only an assumption on my part, but based on discussions it appears that they buy into the idea that wealth redistribution by the government to the poor is a Catholic virtue......

Just the way it looks to me......and this certainly wouldn't be the first time that the Catholic Church threw its principles under the bus for political expediency......

doc

It's true what you say. I'd say the most conservative are the ones who go to Mass regularly as opposed to going on days like Easter etc. It's a shame actually. The overwhelming majority of friends and relatives on my Facebook are Catholic, I'm not a big poster on Facebook, I actually don't like it, but I posted about this issue, do you know that I only got 1 like on it?, 1, out of all those Catholics. Most do vote Republican though, but it really bothered me that they ignored this, maybe they're burnt out on politics? who knows. I told my Husband I'm ready to shut the account down, it bothered me that much.
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline BlueStateSaint

« Reply #61 on: February 11, 2012, 02:32:49 PM »
Well....as touched upon up-thread, the problem is that unlike evangelicals and other Protestant denominations (which are reliably conservative), Catholics are not.......they support Democrats in large numbers......Obama won the Catholic vote in 2008 by a  fairly large margin.  I suspect that this is for a variety of reasons:

Northeasterners of Italian, Polish, Latino, and castillian descent are largely blue-collar, with a very high union affiliation.  Those of the same extraction in any large urban area share the same preference.

doc

Doc, reread my post.  Especially this part:

and a lot of Evangelicals, Jews, Baptists, Lutherans, Methodists, etc., will follow.  Enough to offset moonbats?  More than enough.

Especially the Jews.  It's rumored that Jewish donations to both the DNC and the Obamessiah's campaign are way behind where they were at this point last cycle.  Lots of Orthodox and Conservative Jews are pissed at Obama's treatment of Israel and Iran.  Also, lots of moderates, who are also religious, have seen this and can't help but think, "Boy, did I **** up when I voted for this guy!"

Also, I tend to think that the Catholic Church has drawn the "line in the sand."  They would lose millions of adherants, and dollars, if they went back on this now.  My wife, who is Lutheran, and I were discussing the effects of this on Archbishop Dolan's future prospects within the Church.  (He was named to be elevated to Cardinal a couple of months ago.)  Both of us wondered, "Would he be a future Pope?"  The Catholic Church wouldn't oprdinarily align themselves with the world's last superpower (though we're dropping out of that if Obama gets reelected, and China will take our place), but this stand against such a blatantly anti-religious President will get him a lot of supporters within the Vatican.

Chase her.

Offline TVDOC

• General Malcontent and
  • Sic Transit Gloria Mundi
« Reply #62 on: February 11, 2012, 03:50:12 PM »
Doc, reread my post.  Especially this part:

Yeah, I read it, but you can't count on the Methodists (or the DoC Christians)........they have taken a hard left turn nationally....

Especially the Jews.  It's rumored that Jewish donations to both the DNC and the Obamessiah's campaign are way behind where they were at this point last cycle.  Lots of Orthodox and Conservative Jews are pissed at Obama's treatment of Israel and Iran.  Also, lots of moderates, who are also religious, have seen this and can't help but think, "Boy, did I **** up when I voted for this guy!"

And it cost Anthony Weiner his seat in the most reliably Demcrat district in NY.....I hope it holds through November, but I'm not counting on it.......

Also, I tend to think that the Catholic Church has drawn the "line in the sand."  They would lose millions of adherants, and dollars, if they went back on this now.  My wife, who is Lutheran, and I were discussing the effects of this on Archbishop Dolan's future prospects within the Church.  (He was named to be elevated to Cardinal a couple of months ago.)  Both of us wondered, "Would he be a future Pope?"  The Catholic Church wouldn't oprdinarily align themselves with the world's last superpower (though we're dropping out of that if Obama gets reelected, and China will take our place), but this stand against such a blatantly anti-religious President will get him a lot of supporters within the Vatican.

Unfortunately the Holy See doesn't vote in US elections, and they do try to remain above local politics. That said,  I'm a real fan of the current Pope, he's a strong leader with a low profile, and a vast amount of common sense.....that combination won't get him cannonized, but I doubt that it matters to him......they leave that to the US Bishops, and from what I've seen, they can't agree on hardly anything......they are all over the map on this and other issues as well (such as illegal immigration)......never could figure that one out.......

doc
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 03:57:50 PM by TVDOC »
"Study the past if you wish to define the future"

Confucius

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #63 on: February 11, 2012, 04:08:57 PM »
Yeah, I read it, but you can't count on the Methodists (or the DoC Christians)........they have taken a hard left turn nationally....

And it cost Anthony Weiner his seat in the most reliably Demcrat district in NY.....I hope it holds through November, but I'm not counting on it.......

Unfortunately the Holy See doesn't vote in US elections, and they do try to remain above local politics......they leave that to the US Bishops, and from what I've seen, they can't agree on hardly anything......they are all over the map on this and other issues as well (such as illegal immigration)......never could figure that one out.......

doc

I think the problems with the Catholic Church Vs. political discourse is that quite a bit of the liberal agenda is in agreement with Catholic policy ON PAPER.. - Yet the church seems to remain naive to the methodologies liberals use to contort positions that seem good on the surface into what they truly want..

Immigration -
Helping those unlucky enough to be born in a tragic nation to become Americans so they may have a better life for themselves & their families seems to be a no brainier, yet the church doesn't see the subtext that liberals use to achieve their version of that reality. Its less that they are interested in 'helping the poor' and more they are interested in creating a permanent & expanding underclass - a necessary first step to revolution.

If they wanted to truly help citizens to emigrate to the United States, they would work on properly acclimating candidates to mainstream American culture, instead of letting them live separate, and often harder lives in "whatever"towns across the United States.

Charity -
Giving charitably is a universal good - being forced via diktat to 'give' is not.

etc etc etc..

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #64 on: February 11, 2012, 05:39:32 PM »
I think the problems with the Catholic Church Vs. political discourse is that quite a bit of the liberal agenda is in agreement with Catholic policy ON PAPER.. - Yet the church seems to remain naive to the methodologies liberals use to contort positions that seem good on the surface into what they truly want..

Immigration -
Helping those unlucky enough to be born in a tragic nation to become Americans so they may have a better life for themselves & their families seems to be a no brainier, yet the church doesn't see the subtext that liberals use to achieve their version of that reality. Its less that they are interested in 'helping the poor' and more they are interested in creating a permanent & expanding underclass - a necessary first step to revolution.

If they wanted to truly help citizens to emigrate to the United States, they would work on properly acclimating candidates to mainstream American culture, instead of letting them live separate, and often harder lives in "whatever"towns across the United States.

Charity -
Giving charitably is a universal good - being forced via diktat to 'give' is not.

etc etc etc..

ITA with this post too! the very people the Church hierarchy align with are the people who destroy them on a daily basis (see DU) or whose intent is to destroy the Church eventually.
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #65 on: February 11, 2012, 06:08:11 PM »
I can't speak for all Roman Catholics, but as I am one, I suppose I can give my impressions here.

As we all know, even though it's against their own best interests, those of Judaic derivation in America tend to vote Democrat, for the rabid anti-Semite party and its candidates.

A great deal of this is due to the secularization, the "mainstreaming," of that group--or rather, its attempts to assimilate into greater American society.  They want to be considered Americans, not Jews; never mind that most of us always considered them 100% Americans anyway.

They want to be part of the Establishment, and the Establishment is Democrat and liberal.

Well, there one has it for the Jews.

As we all know, even though it's against their own best interests, Roman Catholics in America tend to vote Democrat, for the rabid anti-God party and its candidates.

I suppose to some degree what I've said about the Jews also applies to the Catholics in the northeastern states and urban areas outside of that.

They want to be with the "in" party, the "in" people, which in their case are corrupt Democrats.

(This does not hold true outside the northeastern states and large urban areas, where Catholics never felt an inferiority complex--and of course outside the northeastern states and big cities, we Catholics tend to be very red.)

All my life, I've been seeing a shift from the Democrats to the Republicans with every election, but damn it, it shifts at the pace of a stalled glacier, like maybe .01% each election.  It's always been shifting in my own lifetime, but one needs a damned microscope to see it.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #66 on: February 11, 2012, 06:24:36 PM »
The latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds that 39% of Likely U.S. Voters believe the government should require a church or religious organization to provide contraceptives for women even if it violates their deeply held beliefs. Fifty percent (50%) disagree and oppose such a requirement that runs contrary to strong beliefs, while 10% more are undecided. [...]

Sixty-five percent (65%) of Catholic voters oppose this requirement, as do 62% of Evangelical Christians, and 50% of other Protestants. Most non-Christians (56%) support the Obama Administration ruling.