Author Topic: What Will You Do If the Election Is Stolen?  (Read 578 times)

Offline CC27

What Will You Do If the Election Is Stolen?
« on: May 22, 2024, 10:39:46 AM »
Nevilledog (51,413 posts)

https://www.hamiltonnolan.com/p/what-will-you-do-if-the-election

The US presidential election is less than six months away. I do not know what the outcome will be, and neither do you. What we do know, however, is the range of what very well might happen. Let’s talk about one scenario in particular: Trump loses, but refuses to concede, and makes a concerted effort to steal the election. The time to make a plan for this is now.

There is more or less a 50/50 chance that Trump wins the election outright. If he doesn’t. If he doesn’t, there is much better than 50% chance that he claims that he won anyhow and tries to steal it. I am basing this estimate, first, on the fact that that is exactly what he did last time. (This mother****er hasn’t even conceded the 2020 election yet.) Secondly, and more worrying, the years since 2020 have seen Trump’s strongest internal opposition effectively purged from the Republican party. The remaining Republicans in Congress have, for the most part, made the calculation that they must be ostentatiously pro-Trump in order to maintain their positions. The level of spine that existed among Republicans in Congress in 2020, which was pathetic but adequate to certify the presidential election after January 6, is not there today. It is more likely that the 2024 election could successfully be stolen.

For many weeks now, high profile Republicans in Congress have been going on the Sunday political talk shows and refusing to say that they will accept the results of the election. This list so far includes Marco Rubio, Tim Scott, Elise Stefanik, Byron Donalds, JD Vance, Lindsey Graham, and others. They all say some mealy-mouthed version of “I’ll accept the results if the election is fair,” but we know what they mean. Clearly, some of this is a litmus test for anyone who wants to be Trump’s VIP. But the litmus test will not go away after he picks his VIP—it will then become a litmus test for the entire party, a requirement to unite around their insane candidate with the expectation that he will never admit to a loss. As a group, today’s Republicans in Congress are perhaps the most loathsome, cowardly collection of groveling, malignant worms that this nation has ever assembled. That’s where we are, though. No use crying about it.

Common sense tells us that, unlike in 2020, the entire Republican Party would unite in support of Trump’s false claims of a stolen election in 2024. I take this as a given. If we imagine a replay of 2020, but with the full and undivided heft of the Republican Party nationally and in every state, plus the full support of the right wing media, plus the support of the entire constellation of Republican-leaning special interest groups who have made the calculation that this is the price to staying in good standing with the party, plus the support of tens of millions of Republican voters who have been indoctrinated for years for this very occasion… it should make you nervous. We would come to the same “test of our institutions” that we came to in 2020 except that the institutions would be weaker and the weight pressing on them would be stronger. We have an extremely right wing Supreme Court. The bulk of the sentiment within most law enforcement agencies and within the US military is probably pro-Trump. And, on top of everything else, Biden himself—even if he rallies and wins—will be much less popular than he was in 2020, sapping the support of his own coalition. It’s not necessary to make a definitive prediction here of what would happen if this scenario unfolds. It’s enough to say that there is a very real chance that Donald Trump, having lost the election, could successfully seize power anyhow, with the combined tacit or explicit support of all of the aforementioned groups. The possibility is significant enough that we better think about what we would do if it all goes down.

*snip*

PJMcK (22,112 posts)
1. Move overseas

First, another Trump presidency will destroy our country.

Second, if Trump gets enough voters, even legally, we don’t want to live in a country with such horrible people.

usedtobedemgurl (1,167 posts)
75. Because i do not have money or health, I will be moving.

My health is really bad. If something happens, I lose my house and money. I may lose my life just living in this country, due to the medical community. When my husband is no longer around - his insurance will not cover ongoing cancer treatments in a different country, I will move back to Canada. I have no idea how I will move on my own. Sometimes I lift a can of soda and the pain brings me to tears. Moving a whole house? Not sure how that will work.

If I had money, I could afford insurance and possibly I could stay. You sound bitter. Some people do not want to stay in a country where the government does not help you survive. My health is bad enough, I am not sure I can survive being homeless. with all of us, we are one emergency away from losing our house.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100218966654

Tons of stupid and threats to move to Europe.

Offline jukin

Re: What Will You Do If the Election Is Stolen?
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2024, 10:54:22 AM »
AS WE HAVE ALL HEARD FOR 3+ YEARS THE ELECTION CANNOT BE STOLEN.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2024, 10:57:23 AM »
Nevilledog (51,413 posts)

https://www.hamiltonnolan.com/p/what-will-you-do-if-the-election

The US presidential election is less than six months away. I do not know what the outcome will be, and neither do you. What we do know, however, is the range of what very well might happen. Let’s talk about one scenario in particular: Trump loses, but refuses to concede, and makes a concerted effort to steal the election. The time to make a plan for this is now.

Moot point. President Trump will win handily and then the question becomes  will YOU accept the results?  :popcorn:
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2024, 11:00:00 AM »
usedtobedemgurl (1,167 posts)
75. Because i do not have money or health, I will be moving.

My health is really bad. If something happens, I lose my house and money. I may lose my life just living in this country, due to the medical community. When my husband is no longer around - his insurance will not cover ongoing cancer treatments in a different country, I will move back to Canada. I have no idea how I will move on my own. Sometimes I lift a can of soda and the pain brings me to tears. Moving a whole house? Not sure how that will work.

If I had money, I could afford insurance and possibly I could stay. You sound bitter. Some people do not want to stay in a country where the government does not help you survive. My health is bad enough, I am not sure I can survive being homeless. with all of us, we are one emergency away from losing our house.

Canadian cancer treatment and euthanasia are now the same thing.  Do it!!
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2024, 11:10:13 AM »

You beat me to it. :cheersmate:

She needs to go back where the grass is greener and everything is free.
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline SVPete

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2024, 11:26:32 AM »
 :jerkit:  :jerkit:  :jerkit:  :jerkit:  :jerkit:  :jerkit:  :jerkit:  :jerkit:  :jerkit:  :jerkit:  :jerkit:  :jerkit:  :jerkit:  :jerkit:  :jerkit:  :jerkit:  :jerkit:  :jerkit:  :jerkit:  :jerkit:  :jerkit:  :jerkit:  :jerkit:  :jerkit:  :jerkit:  :jerkit:  :jerkit:  :jerkit:  :jerkit:  :jerkit:  :jerkit:  :jerkit:  :jerkit:  :jerkit:  :jerkit:  :jerkit:  :jerkit:  :jerkit:  :jerkit:  :jerkit:  :jerkit:  :jerkit:  :jerkit:  :jerkit:  :jerkit:
« Last Edit: May 22, 2024, 11:28:43 AM by SVPete »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2024, 11:32:36 AM »
Moot point. President Trump will win handily and then the question becomes  will YOU accept the results?  :popcorn:

AlGore didn't.

John Kerry didn't.

HilLIARy doesn't.

Stacey Abrams doesn't.

Why would DU-folk break with a quarter century of Dem tradition?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2024, 11:47:08 AM »
AlGore didn't.

John Kerry didn't.

HilLIARy doesn't.

Stacey Abrams doesn't.

Why would DU-folk break with a quarter century of Dem tradition?

That's (D)ifferent.
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2024, 05:15:51 PM »
We all know they won't accept the results if Slow Joe Loses. They will spend the rest of their lives whining about it until their next "Chosen One" takes power and sets things Straight with whatever sorry assed ides they will have by then for running the country into the ground.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2024, 06:28:11 PM »

Second, if Trump gets enough voters, even legally, we don’t want to live in a country with such horrible people.

We’re here and we ain’t going nowhere so you could pack your bags and go someplace else and make America great again!

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

Offline SVPete

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2024, 06:30:13 PM »
It might be more realistic for DUmmies to give thought to what they will do if Trump clubs LIEden like a senile seal in both the popular and Electoral College votes. I'm not saying that will happen, just that it's far far more likely than DUmmie Nevilledog's raving rant.

Offline DefiantSix

• Captain, IKV Defiant
  • "Set Condition One throughout the ship."
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2024, 10:54:25 AM »
It might be more realistic for DUmmies to give thought to what they will do if Trump clubs LIEden like a senile seal in both the popular and Electoral College votes. I'm not saying that will happen, just that it's far far more likely than DUmmie Nevilledog's raving rant.

You don't expect much, do you?

The DUm'Rats haven't expended much effort toward the process of thinking thus far in their miserable, spiteful lives. Why on Earth would they start now?
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline enslaved1

• If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn?
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2024, 10:56:19 AM »
AS WE HAVE ALL HEARD FOR 3+ YEARS THE ELECTION CANNOT BE STOLEN.

They know their base has no memory.  Greg Palast is a moonbat political writer who wrote about how W stole Florida way back in 2000, said 2016 was rigged for the Republican candidate, but the string pullers just didn't expect Trump to get the candidacy.  He then released a book in the summer of 2020 called "How Trump Stole The Election".  Haven't read it yet, but I also haven't seen his retraction either. 

The article author doesn't have much of a memory either.  He calls for a general strike if Trump wins, even legitimately.  When has there ever been a general strike in the US?  Never.  Yes, various industry specific strikes over the last century, but there's not going to be any general strike, especially with  so many people living payday to three days before payday.  He's also missed the big divide still in the GOP over Trump.  The party not going to rally behind Trump, a slight majority may grudgingly follow him, but especially if there's a mess like 2020, most will  likely stay quiet and "neutral". 
Romans 6:17-18 But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2024, 11:23:18 AM »
They know their base has no memory.  Greg Palast is a moonbat political writer who wrote about how W stole Florida way back in 2000, said 2016 was rigged for the Republican candidate, but the string pullers just didn't expect Trump to get the candidacy.  He then released a book in the summer of 2020 called "How Trump Stole The Election".  Haven't read it yet, but I also haven't seen his retraction either. 

When was the last R POTUS DU-folk accept as having been validly elected? G. H. W. Bush (landslide!)? Reagan in 1984 (landslide!)? Nixon in 1972 (landslide!)? Eisenhower? Hoover in 1928 (landslide!)? Ever?

The article author doesn't have much of a memory either.  He calls for a general strike if Trump wins, even legitimately.  When has there ever been a general strike in the US?  Never.  Yes, various industry specific strikes over the last century, but there's not going to be any general strike, especially with  so many people living payday to three days before payday.  He's also missed the big divide still in the GOP over Trump.  The party not going to rally behind Trump, a slight majority may grudgingly follow him, but especially if there's a mess like 2020, most will  likely stay quiet and "neutral".

Offline fatboy

• Does this gun make me look fat?
  • skinnier than the average primitive
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2024, 12:47:50 PM »
All the unhappy Dummies should mass migrate to New York City!  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
"We will bring back our jobs. We will bring back our borders. We will bring back our wealth - and we will bring back our dreams!" -President Donald J. Trump 1/20/17

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2024, 03:09:21 PM »
All the unhappy Dummies should mass migrate to New York City!  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Better yet either El Salvador or Nicaragua :lmao: :rotf:

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2024, 03:11:10 PM »

The same as they did when hiliary lost  :rotf: :rotf:

Offline SVPete

« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2024, 04:12:18 PM »

I hear Venezuela and Zimbabwe are beautiful, especially this time of the year.

Offline Movie buff- The Sequel

« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2024, 07:57:58 AM »

LOL, exactly!
She thinks she'll get better cancer treatment in CANADA of all places?

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2024, 11:48:31 AM »
2000: Stolen

2004: Stolen

2008: Fair election

2012: Fair election

2016: Stolen by the Russians

2020: Most fairest election eva! Any questioning should be a crime!!!

2024: Trump wins again, stolen.

Am I following correctly, DUmbasses?
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2024, 11:51:41 AM »
Arne (2,282 posts)
3. Could the script be flipped?

Where the Biden administration calls an emergency declaration to
round up republican traitors.
If trump could pull the steal an election and be so close to succeeding,
are Dems not able to make sure it never happens again?

The highest penalty for being a traitor, I.e. treason, is death. So, leftists want you dead for your political opinions. No, I don't believe this is just an outlier. I think if they had a true poll where they were forced to be honest, the majority of these ****s would want us all rounded up and shot.

I will never compromise with these fools.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2024, 01:09:00 PM »
Better question: What will democrats do if... democrats lose??

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2024, 03:27:10 PM »
Better question: What will democrats do if... democrats lose??

I know that they are going to cheat like crazy. This is going to be a very contentious election. I’m just hoping and praying that we win because if we lose America is doomed. :thatsright: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant:

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #23 on: Today at 05:54:48 PM »
I hear Venezuela and Zimbabwe are beautiful, especially this time of the year.

And there is Nigeria too. With all of those Princes there giving money away you should be able to find a Sugar Daddy or a Sugar Momma there to support ya.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"