Author Topic: Rush Endorses Obama Because He Is Anything You Want Him to Be  (Read 1322 times)

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Rush Endorses Obama Because He Is Anything You Want Him to Be
« on: February 15, 2008, 12:51:37 AM »
Barack Obama, ladies and gentlemen, is a blank canvas upon which anybody can project their fantasies, or their desires.  You look at Democrats in the audience, and they're swooning.  He's saying nothing.  He's saying nothing better than anybody in my lifetime ever has.  The reason he says nothing so well is because everybody thinks that he's saying what they want.  So they're able to project onto Obama their fantasies.  If they believe in allowing somebody to marry a dog, they think Obama will support it.  Therefore, I would like today to announce a tentative decision, I'm stilling thinking about it, to endorse Barack Obama, since everybody is asking who am I going to endorse, and here's why.  Barack Obama is pro-life.  Barack Obama is a Constitutionalist.  Barack Obama believes in limited government.  Barack Obama is in favor of health care savings plans.  Barack Obama loves free markets and wants to protect them.  Barack Obama is strong on national defense.  Barack Obama is a tax cutter extraordinaire.  Barack Obama makes my leg tingle when I hear him speak.  Barack Obama will end the designated hitter rule.  Barack Obama will establish a college football playoff once and for all so we will genuinely have a champion.  Barack Obama will get to the bottom of Spygate.  Barack Obama will offer free beer Fridays.  Whatever you want Obama to be, folks, he's a blank slate, he's an empty canvas, and this is the nature of his appeal.  Whatever people fantasize about, whatever they want, they are confident Obama supports it, too. 

Obama is not inspiring people to believe in themselves. He's inspiring them to believe in him.  He is messianic.  He's making people feel good about themselves, but they're not personally inspired. They are personally "hopeful," and Obama is who they're inspired of, not themselves.  It's a significant distinction.

Hillary got her clock cleaned.  There's just no way other than that to describe it.  It's not over.  Those legs are still not protruding from underneath the house; and there's still a couple formulas whereby she can win, but let me just go through this with you.  Here's what it's going to take.  For her to overcome Obama for the pledged delegate lead, she's going to have win 55% of the remaining delegates.  Assuming next week goes Obama's way in Wisconsin and Hawaii, that percentage will then rise to 57% of the delegates that she'll have to win.  If you toss in a likely Obama win in Vermont, Wyoming, Mississippi, Oregon, Montana, South Dakota, then the percentage of pledged delegates she will need after those primaries will top 60% of the remaining delegates available. 

They're going to make a play for these delegates, unseated delegates in Michigan and Florida, super delegates.  I've got some thoughts on Chelsea coming up, too, because she's out there trying to horn in on those super delegates and get them to vote for her mom.  And like I told you yesterday: if they have to, they will cause a riot.  Where is the Democrat convention?  Is it in Denver?  They're going to cause a riot, if they have to, in order to win this nomination.  They're not going to let this thing slip away. So you cannot say this is over for a long, long time.  But now that Obama has a 100-delegate lead -- 102, I think, according to CBS -- he's a player. He's there, and he's for the future.  I'm for the right now.  For the right now, he has a theme song on this program. 

Excellence in Broadcasting
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.