Author Topic: Palin/Biden Vice Presidential Debate @ 9PM Eastern -- Preview/Live thread  (Read 30545 times)

Offline ReardenSteel

Re: Palin/Biden Vice Presidential Debate @ 9PM Eastern -- Preview/Live thread
« Reply #325 on: October 02, 2008, 11:52:58 PM »
The primitives are DUing the poll on Drudge now; Sarah down one, Joe up one in the past half hour.

Sarah Palin 71%
Old Joe 27%

Vote number 138,487 for Palin (in my rose colored glasses). Thanks Frank.

Night all!  :cheersmate:
"When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion - when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don't protect you against them, but protect them against you - when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - you may know that your society is doomed."

- Ayn Rand
http://www.capmag.com/article.asp?ID=1826

Offline SaintLouieWoman

« Reply #326 on: October 03, 2008, 12:01:41 AM »
Got home a little while ago from STL University, where there was a gathering of probably 10-11k people watching on the jumbotrons in their new basketball arena for the St Louis Billikins. It was cool watching SaraCuda and stl loves Sarah and Sarah Rocks streaming across the electronic banner that went around the entire arena.

We thought Sarah did terrific. So did everyone else. Right after the debate (well, maybe 15 or 20 minutes afterward), Sarah arrived on a bus that came right into the ampitheater. The place went crazy.

And some of those pinko people tried to disrupt with their stupid pink banner. Some students grabbed it away, they were booed, cops started after them and Sarah just smiled and said that's why her son and all the others in Iraq and elsewhere fight for the right of those people to act that way. She got an ovation (everyone was already standing).

People there were nervous at first, but it was cool to feel the entire crowd get with the debate and almost all relax at the same time. We know that she won.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #327 on: October 03, 2008, 12:10:54 AM »
Joe Biden has 35 years of Senate experience, but has a huge ego that will cause Obama/Biden to crash.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Happy Fun Ball

« Reply #328 on: October 03, 2008, 12:17:49 AM »

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #329 on: October 03, 2008, 10:01:32 AM »

She had some kick ass red spike heels on last night!

Read somewhere that she loves to wear red spikes....that they give her confidence.

Keep wearing them Sarah....they really worked for you last night!! :bow:

You go kick 'em, Sarah!
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline Atomic Lib Smasher

• Liberal Hunter
  • Just Say Nobama
« Reply #330 on: October 03, 2008, 10:44:13 AM »
JOE BIDEN’S 14 LIES TONIGHT

1. TAX VOTE: Biden said McCain voted “the exact same way” as Obama to increase taxes on Americans earning just $42,000, but McCain DID NOT VOTE THAT WAY.

2. AHMEDINIJAD MEETING: Joe Biden lied when he said that Barack Obama never said that he would sit down unconditionally with Mahmoud Ahmedinijad of Iran. Barack Obama did say specifically, and Joe Biden attacked him for it.

3. OFFSHORE OIL DRILLING: Biden said, “Drill we must.” But Biden has opposed offshore drilling and even compared offshore drilling to “raping” the Outer Continental Shelf.”

4. TROOP FUNDING: Joe Biden lied when he indicated that John McCain and Barack Obama voted the same way against funding the troops in the field. John McCain opposed a bill that included a timeline, that the President of the United States had already said he would veto regardless of it’s passage.

5. OPPOSING CLEAN COAL: Biden says he’s always been for clean coal, but he just told a voter that he is against clean coal and any new coal plants in America and has a record of voting against clean coal and coal in the U.S. Senate.

6. ALERNATIVE ENERGY VOTES: According to FactCheck.org, Biden is exaggerating and overstating John McCain’s record voting for alternative energy when he says he voted against it 23 times.

7. HEALTH INSURANCE: Biden falsely said McCain will raise taxes on people's health insurance coverage -- they get a tax credit to offset any tax hike. Independent fact checkers have confirmed this attack is false

8. OIL TAXES: Biden falsely said Palin supported a windfall profits tax in Alaska -- she reformed the state tax and revenue system, it's not a windfall profits tax.

9. AFGHANISTAN / GEN. MCKIERNAN COMMENTS: Biden said that top military commander in Iraq said the principles of the surge could not be applied to Afghanistan, but the commander of NATO's International Security Assistance Force Gen. David D. McKiernan said that there were principles of the surge strategy, including working with tribes, that could be applied in Afghanistan.

10. REGULATION: Biden falsely said McCain weakened regulation -- he actually called for more regulation on Fannie and Freddie.

11. IRAQ: When Joe Biden lied when he said that John McCain was “dead wrong on Iraq”, because Joe Biden shared the same vote to authorize the war and differed on the surge strategy where they John McCain has been proven right.

12. TAX INCREASES: Biden said Americans earning less than $250,000 wouldn’t see higher taxes, but the Obama-Biden tax plan would raise taxes on individuals making $200,000 or more.

13. BAILOUT: Biden said the economic rescue legislation matches the four principles that Obama laid out, but in reality it doesn’t meet two of the four principles that Obama outlined on Sept. 19, which were that it include an emergency economic stimulus package, and that it be part of “part of a globally coordinated effort with our partners in the G-20.”

14. REAGAN TAX RATES: Biden is wrong in saying that under Obama, Americans won't pay any more in taxes then they did under Reagan.

http://ace.mu.nu/

I'll be printing that one up for the moonbats at work. Well, most of them make minimum wage so they think that the Obamessiah will come along to save them.

I missed a lot of the debate yesterday, but I did see the last 10 minutes or so. I liked how Palin looked directly into the camera as she was speaking to the American people rather than the immoderate moderator. I'm sure a lot of fence sitters saw that too and were in favor of Palin.

Liberalism is the philosophy of the stupid! - Mark R. Levin

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #331 on: October 03, 2008, 11:27:33 AM »
Incredible, really--I'm sure the Obama/Biden campaign was aware of and warned of the fact that Palin would 1--not go quietly, 2--handed her opponents their heads in debates more than once.

Yet still they chose to ignore this information, and it bit them squarely in the ass.

Now if only a few more Morris types were on the other networks bitchslapping the idiot talking heads.  Nah, all that would have accomplished is making hands sore.  Biden could have had a full-blown meltdown onstage and they'd still be claiming he won.  Come to think of it, he came pretty darned close a few times.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline jendf

« Reply #332 on: October 03, 2008, 11:52:11 AM »

Read somewhere that she loves to wear red spikes....that they give her confidence.

You go kick 'em, Sarah!

I love that she doesn't hide her feminimity. She is proving that being feminine and beautiful doesn't preclude you from getting to hang with the big boys in Washington.

She is a stark contrast to Pelosi and Clinton who are ugly women inside and out.

Sarah is such a fresh voice on the political scene. I love that McCain took this risk with her.

Offline Schadenfreude

« Reply #333 on: October 03, 2008, 11:52:35 AM »
OK, Schadie, here's your chance at retribution....   :-)

I'm old enough to remember income averaging and a tax credit for interest paid on credit cards during Reagan's regime, among other things.

Well gosh darn it Thor, there you go again.  :-)

I am so a Sarah Wannabe.  :lmao:
“Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.â€

Offline Zeus

« Reply #334 on: October 03, 2008, 12:08:56 PM »

You go kick 'em, Sarah!

I love that she doesn't hide her feminimity. She is proving that being feminine and beautiful doesn't preclude you from getting to hang with the big boys in Washington.

She is a stark contrast to Pelosi and Clinton who are ugly women inside and out.

Sarah is such a fresh voice on the political scene. I love that McCain took this risk with her.

Ol' "Cotton" McCain don't need any propane in his rogaine, Look at the women he picks which to surround him self.  :naughty:

Edited to add: My Teenage son says "Sarah Palin is themost googled VP nominee ever. Some even get on the internet and enter her name into a search engine to learn more about her"   :evillaugh: :tongue:
« Last Edit: October 03, 2008, 12:33:05 PM by Zeus »
It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Offline Willow

• Limousine
« Reply #335 on: October 03, 2008, 08:37:17 PM »

You go kick 'em, Sarah!

and that's exactly why those liberal bitches hate her so much,  :cheersmate:

Offline SaintLouieWoman

« Reply #336 on: October 03, 2008, 08:56:16 PM »

I'm old enough to remember income averaging and a tax credit for interest paid on credit cards during Reagan's regime, among other things.

She's our role model. Last night at the debate watching party at SLU, they had a country singer named Sarah_____ (there was so much clapping and yelling SarahCuda that didn't hear her last night). She got the crowd whipped up right before Sarah came in by singing "I am woman hear me roar", then "Feel like a woman". I can't imagine them singing those songs for the Hildabeast.  :-)

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
« Reply #337 on: October 03, 2008, 08:59:00 PM »

She's our role model. Last night at the debate watching party at SLU, they had a country singer named Sarah_____ (there was so much clapping and yelling SarahCuda that didn't hear her last night). She got the crowd whipped up right before Sarah came in by singing "I am woman hear me roar", then "Feel like a woman". I can't imagine them singing those songs for the Hildabeast.  :-)

OMG, SLW!

do you mean that for women, Sarah Palin appealed to you?  you would have never got that from the morning newshows.

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #338 on: October 03, 2008, 09:19:40 PM »
OMG, SLW!

do you mean that for women, Sarah Palin appealed to you?  you would have never got that from the morning newshows.

You noticed that too I see - suddenly the meme is "Sarah is a turn-off to women, because all she is , is a shallow boy-toy who uses her sexuality to flirt her way to victory."

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #339 on: October 03, 2008, 09:43:33 PM »
In the news today the body of Sen. Joe Biden washed ashore, another victim of Hurrican Sarah. Services will be held as soon as they can find someone that gives a crap.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline Zeus

« Reply #340 on: October 03, 2008, 09:46:19 PM »
In the news today the body of Sen. Joe Biden washed ashore, another victim of Hurrican Sarah. Services will be held as soon as they can find someone that gives a crap.

H5 :cheersmate:

It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.