Author Topic: McCain ad takes on Obama and 'Chicago machine' (w/ vid goodness)  (Read 640 times)

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
McCain ad takes on Obama and 'Chicago machine' (w/ vid goodness)
« on: September 22, 2008, 01:42:59 PM »
it's about time, is all I have to say.  I am sure that the MSM will cooperatively repeat the official obama
campaign response, that is "a flat out lie" & etc., & etc, like they did about the "sex ed in kindergarten"
ad.

McCain ad takes on Obama and 'Chicago machine'

Last week, Illinois Democratic Gov. Rod Blagojevich warned home-state presidential candidate Sen. Barack Obama was falling into a Republican trap by siding against the governor’s rewrite of a state ethics reform bill. It was a move that prompted critics to question whether Blagojevich was trying to place his own self importance above Obama.

But Monday, Republican presidential contender John McCain tried to link Obama to the embattled Blagojevich in an effort to tarnish the Democratic presidential contender by noting his connections to controversial Chicago politicians.

McCain’s campaign unveiled a new 30-second TV ad called “Chicago Machine,” drawing links between Obama and Bill Daley, the brother of Chicago Mayor Richard Daley; Antoin “Tony” Rezko, a former Obama fundraiser and a top fundraiser and adviser for Blagojevich who was convicted on federal corruption charges in June; Senate President Emil Jones, Obama’s mentor in the state Senate; and Blagojevich, whose administration is under myriad federal investigations.

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQ0cq4Nytu8[/youtube]

During a conference call with reporters, Steve Schmidt, a top McCain strategist, said the TV ad was a “real buy” that would air nationally and “will air across the depth and breadth of the battleground states.” Schmidt also belittled the media for not providing a “symmetry” to their probing of Obama’s background compared to the scrubbing that the team of McCain and Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin has received.

Rick Davis, McCain’s campaign manager, said the ad was “some level of response” to the increasing negative tenor of an Obama campaign that has labeled the Republicans’ efforts as full of lies and distortions. He also said the ad was an attempt to educate voters.

More
« Last Edit: September 22, 2008, 01:44:51 PM by Wretched Excess »

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
Re: McCain ad takes on Obama and 'Chicago machine' (w/ vid goodness)
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2008, 03:05:15 PM »
I saw that and it's a good one.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Tess Anderson

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2008, 03:29:47 PM »
It IS a very good ad, I'm sure the whining by Barack Hussein Obama will commence shortly.

I'm glad to see McCain take on the Chicago Machine -he'd better make sure to keep an eye on voting fraud, another big cog of it. I'd also like McCain to *reply* to the Social Security lie that Barack Hussein Obama has been spreading:

http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008/scaring_seniors.html

First he insults the elderly, then tries to scare them into voting for him - that's a universal Democrat Party tactic, the only variation peculiar to Chicago is that they continue to vote after they're dead.

Offline Lauri

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2008, 11:57:39 PM »
FOX played the ad this morning and it is definitely a good one.

i love this new McCain guy.. whoever he is.

or ..

is it Rove..?  :cheersmate: