Author Topic: Obama on Palin: Lipstick on a pig is still a pig  (Read 8022 times)

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
Re: Obama on Palin: Lipstick on a pig is still a pig
« Reply #50 on: September 10, 2008, 08:42:32 PM »
After listening to the whole clip over and over again - Im pretty sure it was intentional - Listen for the Pause. after he delivers the put lipstick on a pig' line, he waits for the reaction - and then finishes off.

Ive also been observing "Teh Messiah", and he has a tell. When he may be at risk he wipes his brow. Watch his speeches where he makes a comment that he may be called on later - his hand goes right to his forehead.

the pause could have been an "oh, shit" moment, where he realized that he probably just stepped in it, but couldn't (or didn't know how to) extricate himself from the problem that his mouth had gotten him into.

not arguing that it wasn't intentional, that's just an alternate explanation.

To come back angry and pissy pretty much tells us what the messi-uh is tinking.

yeah, that was a temper tantrum.  that's been happening a lot lately. :-)

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #51 on: September 10, 2008, 08:49:20 PM »

yeah, that was a temper tantrum.  that's been happening a lot lately. :-)

Do not get between the Nazgul and his prey.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline MrsSmith

« Reply #52 on: September 10, 2008, 08:49:50 PM »
Isn't it funny how the media crowed over every minor mistake Pres. Bush made, but is deaf, absolutely deaf, when Obama opens his mouth and shoves both feet in?   ::)

The oral fellatio bestowed on the annointed one is being noticed by more and more americans.  Eventually, they'll have to come up for air and realize the rest of the world is not as enamoured.
I would certainly think so.  I have never seen anything as vicious as the "vetting" of Sarah Palin, nor as lax as the "vetting" of Obama.  

Antifa - the only fascists in America today.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #53 on: September 10, 2008, 08:58:51 PM »
But, but, he has been vetted these past 19 months. *DU mode off*

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #54 on: September 10, 2008, 09:02:58 PM »

those 19 months are being peddled as qualifications for president now.  "he's qualified to be president because he has been running for president for 19 months, and is steeped in the issues now".  (paraphrased)   :whatever: :whatever:

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #55 on: September 10, 2008, 09:04:43 PM »
Well then does that make me qualified to be a political commentator cuz goodness knows I'v racked up enough posts over the past few years. I'll wait for Fox News to call :-)
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #56 on: September 10, 2008, 09:12:57 PM »
Well then does that make me qualified to be a political commentator cuz goodness knows I'v racked up enough posts over the past few years. I'll wait for Fox News to call :-)

you are CC's best kept secret :wink:  they can't have you. :-)

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #57 on: September 10, 2008, 09:13:06 PM »
the pause could have been an "oh, shit" moment, where he realized that he probably just stepped in it, but couldn't (or didn't know how to) extricate himself from the problem that his mouth had gotten him into.

It's possible, yes. But if thats the case, The One isn't quite the gifted orator that his legend makes him up to be. He should have known exactly who the word 'lipstick' is associated with nowadays. I suppose it could be added to the Obama Gaffe roll, which is growing larger each day. Part of my suspicions on Obama comes from his past accusations of McCain. He spent alot of time referring to McCain as "confused" using the same inflection as one would when discussing an elderly, mentally diminished person. The advantage, like "lipstick on a pig" is plausible deniability - common phrase, reading too much into it, yadda yadda..

The same could be said with his middle finger face scratch directed at Hillary, and the sweetie comment. --All misinterpreted....Of course.  

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #58 on: September 10, 2008, 09:29:12 PM »

It's possible, yes. But if thats the case, The One isn't quite the gifted orator that his legend makes him up to be. He should have known exactly who the word 'lipstick' is associated with nowadays. I suppose it could be added to the Obama Gaffe roll, which is growing larger each day. Part of my suspicions on Obama comes from his past accusations of McCain. He spent alot of time referring to McCain as "confused" using the same inflection as one would when discussing an elderly, mentally diminished person. The advantage, like "lipstick on a pig" is plausible deniability - common phrase, reading too much into it, yadda yadda..

The same could be said with his middle finger face scratch directed at Hillary, and the sweetie comment. --All misinterpreted....Of course.   

I made a similar observation somewhere here today, that there is perhaps some resonance to the "he meant to call her a pig" argument due to the sweetie comment and that remark he made about hillary's judgment when she was "feeling sad and blue", which I took to mean "PMSing".  I forgot about the covert flip off, though.   :-)

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #59 on: September 10, 2008, 09:38:46 PM »
Maybe he should visit a Vet.  He might be able to get some help with that hoof-in-mouth disease.
 :-)
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #60 on: September 10, 2008, 11:33:31 PM »

The BarackStar! explained it on letterman tonight.  and with a great dela of help from david letterman, apparently.  this just
isn't helping him, though . . .  :whatever: :uhsure: :-)

Obama on Letterman: If That's What I'd Meant, Palin Would Be the Lipstick, ‘McCain's Failed Policies’ the Pig

Letterman asks Obama if he still thinks the Republicans are overreacting to his comments last night.

"Look this is ... sort of silly season in politics –- not that there’s a non-silly season in politics," Obama says. "But it gets sillier, and it’s a common expression, at least in Illinois, I don’t know about New York City, I don’t know where you guys put lipstick on here."

To audience laughter, Obama says, "In Illinois, the expression connotes the idea that if you have a bad idea -- in this case, I was talking about John McCain’s economic plans -- that just calling them change, calling it something different doesn’t make it better. Hence, lipstick on a pig is still a pig."

"What I like about this scenario is because they -– the Republicans -- demanded an apology," Letterman says, "so that means there had been a meeting at some point somewhere along the line (of) they got together and said, 'You know what? He called our vice presidential candidate a pig.' Well, that seems pretty unlikely, doesn’t it?"

"It does," agrees Obama. "Keep in mind that, technically had I meant it this way –- she would be the lipstick!"

more

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #61 on: September 11, 2008, 05:02:57 AM »
HAHAHAHAHA.   Refering to a woman as lipstick is what class?

Bueller....Bueller......

... it's sexist.

Thanks for playing though Obama.