Author Topic: Democrat National Convention - Day 2 Live Thread.  (Read 10000 times)

Offline jendf

Re: Democrat National Convention - Day 2 Live Thread.
« Reply #50 on: August 26, 2008, 10:17:06 PM »
"God bless you and God Speed."

Um, what, no God bless America?

Bitch.

that was odd.  "god speed" is a phrase used to wish one good fortune on a journey . . . 

Could be a synonymous with her other slip or not so slip of the tongue in mentioning the word assassination

I missed that. What was the story behind that?

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
« Reply #51 on: August 26, 2008, 10:18:42 PM »

over on PMSNBC, andrea mitchell is on the floor of the convention peddling the story that hillary just magically created unity.

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #52 on: August 26, 2008, 10:19:46 PM »
"God bless you and God Speed."

Um, what, no God bless America?

Bitch.

that was odd.  "god speed" is a phrase used to wish one good fortune on a journey . . . 

Could be a synonymous with her other slip or not so slip of the tongue in mentioning the word assassination

I missed that. What was the story behind that?

she said at least once that she was justified in staying in the race even though the outcome was inevitable because RFK was assassinated in july, and it wasn't july yet.

Offline Willow

• Limousine
« Reply #53 on: August 26, 2008, 10:20:07 PM »
Well judging from the look on Michelle's face I'd guess she hates Hillary with a purple passion! Damn,, Hillary should be stone cold dead.  :lmao:

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #54 on: August 26, 2008, 10:36:03 PM »

MSNBC is swooning.  Fox is calling her out for doing the bare minimum, and getting the hell off the stage.  it's amazing that they were watching the same speech.

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #55 on: August 26, 2008, 10:38:48 PM »

MSNBC is swooning.  Fox is calling her out for doing the bare minimum, and getting the hell off the stage.  it's amazing that they were watching the same speech.

I think she did well.

And on the cupcake front, they're in the oven and cream cheese frosting is done.  :)
Stink Eye
"Bloodninja: It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass."

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #56 on: August 26, 2008, 10:41:59 PM »
I just read the transcript: http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/08/26/clinton.transcript/

She freaking played the race card!!!!!!!!

On that path to freedom, Harriet Tubman had one piece of advice.
If you hear the dogs, keep going.
If you see the torches in the woods, keep going.
If they're shouting after you, keep going.
Don't ever stop. Keep going.
If you want a taste of freedom, keep going.

OTOH she said uh-bam-uh's name a whole 8 times.  And threw a girlie underhand toss at McCain, saying "But we don't need four more years of the last eight years."

Pretty tepid.  And forgettable.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #57 on: August 26, 2008, 10:44:04 PM »
He doesn't please Fuzzy.

[youtube=425,350]CmTy-f8KyrU[/youtube]
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #58 on: August 26, 2008, 10:44:43 PM »

chelsea is still hot.  I meant to mention that before the Pink Pantsuit of Purgatory rumbled on stage.
Chelsea is a dead ringer for her father, Web Hubbell, from The Beast's days at the Rose Law Firm. If you don't remember him, look up a photo and set it beside Chelsea. So obvious it is comical.

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #59 on: August 26, 2008, 10:46:59 PM »
Chelsea is a dog. Give me Barbara Bush (GW's daughter, you morons).  :naughty:
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Tess Anderson

« Reply #60 on: August 26, 2008, 10:53:03 PM »
I have heard that before, that she's really Hubbel's daughter, but she looks so much like Hillary to me, I can't tell.

Michelle Kept babbling about a "journey" last night. "Godspeed" annoyed me as well - a phoney and pretentious sign-off.

I thought Hillary was flat and it was a policy endorsement only - she said Michelle would make a great First Lady, but she never corrected the McCain ad where she had said MCCain was qualified, but BHO wasn't. She could have undone that statement easily, but she didn't. She made the speech about her and the feminist movement and made the arguement that her supporters should vote for Obama because the country needed a Democrat president. It was all about Hillary, and tomorrow it will all be about Bill, and he's liable to say anything the way he is now.

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #61 on: August 26, 2008, 10:58:12 PM »
I have heard that before, that she's really Hubbel's daughter, but she looks so much like Hillary to me, I can't tell.
Michelle Kept babbling about a "journey" last night. "Godspeed" annoyed me as well - a phoney and pretentious sign-off.

I thought Hillary was flat and it was a policy endorsement only - she said Michelle would make a great First Lady, but she never corrected the McCain ad where she had said MCCain was qualified, but BHO wasn't. She could have undone that statement easily, but she didn't. She made the speech about her and the feminist movement and made the arguement that her supporters should vote for Obama because the country needed a Democrat president. It was all about Hillary, and tomorrow it will all be about Bill, and he's liable to say anything the way he is now.
She and Hubbell both have that strange pelican-like mouth and chin. Really distinctive.

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #62 on: August 26, 2008, 11:00:26 PM »

I might listen to Bill; I think he is more pissed about Hillary not getting the nomination than she is. So he might blow his top which would be fun to watch; what would be better is if he endorsed McCain.  :tongue: :rotf: :fuelfire:

Offline Zeus

« Reply #63 on: August 26, 2008, 11:12:37 PM »
Well judging from the look on Michelle's face I'd guess she hates Hillary with a purple passion! Damn,, Hillary should be stone cold dead.  :lmao:

I noticed that also. Mo seemed pissed off except whenever Hillery gave the Oman his props.
It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Offline Hawkgirl

• Alpha Female
« Reply #64 on: August 27, 2008, 12:57:35 AM »
"Godspeed" was a weird thing to say...it's very...final.

Is it just me, or was that speech a "This is what I"m running on in 2012"  While she had to say she supports Obama, she was endorsing herself more than anything.

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #65 on: August 27, 2008, 12:58:09 AM »

Is it just me, or was that speech a "This is what I"m running on in 2012"  While she had to say she supports Obama, she was endorsing herself more than anything.

I agree, the "Godspeed" was strange. 
Stink Eye
"Bloodninja: It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass."

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #66 on: August 27, 2008, 07:43:39 AM »

I think it was an attempt to split the difference between supporting him enough so that she isn't accused of torpedoing him, and creating sufficient distance between herself and his campaign should he lose on his own in november.

it was all about maintaining her political viability after november, regardless of what should happen.

Offline Jim

« Reply #67 on: August 27, 2008, 07:48:19 AM »

wanted to sound religious
My fellow Americans, there is nothing audacious about hope. Hope is what makes people buy lottery tickets instead of paying the bills. Hope is for the old gals feeding the slots in Atlantic City. It destroys the inner-city kid who quits school because he hopes he'll be a world-famous recording artist.

What's the difference between Sarah Palin and Barack Obama?

One is a well turned-out, good-looking, and let's be honest, pretty sexy piece of eye-candy.

The other kills her own food.

Offline Willow

• Limousine
« Reply #68 on: August 27, 2008, 08:03:30 AM »

I think it was an attempt to split the difference between supporting him enough so that she isn't accused of torpedoing him, and creating sufficient distance between herself and his campaign should he lose on his own in november.

it was all about maintaining her political viability after november, regardless of what should happen.

I think that is where she suffers dellusions. After the way the democrats treated her and Bill this year it's crazy to think they would embrace them in 2012. Assuming Brock wins you know he is going to want a second terms. She should have gone independent and found someone to remove that very large knife sticking out of her back!

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #69 on: August 27, 2008, 08:04:48 AM »
Nope, still didn't watch it.  Watched a few minutes of the post shows and the "MSNBC is swooning.  Fox is calling her out for doing the bare minimum, and getting the hell off the stage" is correct.

After The Impeached One speaks tonight, I predict the Clintonistas are adios.  There'll be calls for her to hit the campaign trail and drum up her supporters to switch to the Obamassiah, but my guess is she's moving on.  If anything, they'll do a few little things to make life harder on B. Hussein.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #70 on: August 27, 2008, 09:58:06 AM »

wanted to sound religious

she could have done that with "God bless America".  maybe she just wanted to be different, but she's a clinton, and when a clinton is involved, maximum cynicism is in order.

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #71 on: August 27, 2008, 10:13:40 AM »

I think that is where she suffers dellusions. After the way the democrats treated her and Bill this year it's crazy to think they would embrace them in 2012. Assuming Brock wins you know he is going to want a second terms. She should have gone independent and found someone to remove that very large knife sticking out of her back!

the party may have treated the clintons badly, and if they did, it was probably payback for the fact that during the clinton administration, the clintons themselves did very, very well, but the party suffered disaster after disaster at the polls, almost all of which was attributable to  misguided and unpopular clinton policies.  during clinton's 8 years in office, the dems lost the house, the senate, governer's mansions, and state houses all over the country.  and the rumor that the clintons sent wesley clark in to the primaries in 2004 just so there would be another anti-war candidate, and thus blow up howard dean's presidential candidacy, couldn't have helped his personal feelings about bill and hill . . .