Author Topic: Well now did you ever? Obama ed policy is a fu@king embarrassment.  (Read 982 times)

Offline zeitgeist

Obama ed policy is a ****ing embarrassment. Now. May we not... in the name of all that is holy, good and decent.... drop this brain-dead corporate "reform" nonsense once and for all?

http://upload.democraticunderground.com/10022588780

I will probably always get a smile from the name Smarmie Doofus, but then  "A Hitchhiker's Guide" was one of the first games I ever played on the computer when it was C:\dos and all text.

BtW, This is a LARGE blaze best read at the DUmp ( or maybe that should be red when used with DUmp?)

Many prominent DUmmies show  up to spout off.

Star Member Smarmie Doofus (9,497 posts)
View profile
OK. Obama/Duncan/Gates School "Reform" Model: The results Are IN !!! Today's NYT: P. A1

Last edited Sat Mar 30, 2013, 10:33 AM USA/ET - Edit history (1)

Obama ed policy is a ****ing embarrassment. Now. May we not... in the name of all that is holy, good and decent.... drop this brain-dead corporate "reform" nonsense once and for all?

Everything... *everything*... that real reformers ( mostly in-the-trenches, *unionized* teachers) told them was going to happen, HAPPENED in Atlanta.

None of these people --- Obama, Duncan, Gates--- know what they're doing. None of them know what they're talking about. Obama needs to wake the F up and appoint someone who knows about public education ( FROM PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE) as Sec of Ed so he can have someone to explain to him ( Obama) what public schools are like in America and how they work . Duncan can go work for Pearson or whatever ( His press sec just jumped ship to Murdoch, btw. Good. Getting these people out of the government is step #1.)

Please read. Carefully. Even if you don't think public ed is important ( ?!?), read it anyway. In it's entirety. The devil here is in the details.

While you're reading, please note and keep in mind the following above all else: the cheating would never have gotten off the ground... never would have had a CHANCE... if the lower end people in the conspiracy... ok ( "alleged" conspiracy)... that is: the *teachers*.... had told the principal and superintendent to ****-OFF when they were approached. A functional teachers union and state guarantees of due process ( TENURE ! ) job protections would have made that possible. And LIKELY.

As Obama, Gates, Duncan et al continue to hack away at these protections the less likely teachers are to blow the whistle and the MORE likely corruption of all variety... esp of the variety above... will proliferate.

It's simple cause and effect and it is not rocket science.

>>>>Dr. Hall, who retired in 2011, was charged with racketeering, theft, influencing witnesses, conspiracy and making false statements. Prosecutors recommended a $7.5 million bond for her; she could face up to 45 years in prison.

During the decade she led the district of 52,000 children, many of them poor and African-American, Atlanta students often outperformed wealthier suburban districts on state tests.

Those test scores brought her fame — in 2009, the American Association of School Administrators named her superintendent of the year and Arne Duncan, the secretary of education, hosted her at the White House.

And fortune — she earned more than $500,000 in performance bonuses while superintendent.

On Friday, prosecutors essentially said it really was too good to be true. Dr. Hall and the 34 teachers, principals and administrators “conspired to either cheat, conceal cheating or retaliate against whistle-blowers in an effort to bolster C.R.C.T. scores for the benefit of financial rewards associated with high test scores,” the indictment said, referring to the state’s Criterion-Referenced Competency Test.

Reached late Friday, Richard Deane, Dr. Hall’s lawyer, said they were digesting the indictment and making arrangements for bond. “We’re pretty busy,” he said.>>>>>>
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/30/us/former-school-chief-in-atlanta-indicted-in-cheating-scandal.html?pagewanted=all 

I loved this

Star Member proud2BlibKansan (96,080 posts)

12. And she wouldn't have been caught if the teachers hadn't told on her.

View profile

Don't forget that part. And AFT helped them. Sure they could have spoken up years before this testing crap started. But you and I both know that's not very realistic. But please let's give the teachers and their union credit for doing the right thing to help bring this fraud to a halt. 

She gets her brain bucket slammed up her rectum by the very next poster.

Star Member cherokeeprogressive (14,561 posts)

67. Except that isn't how I would generally describe what happened...

View profile
Teachers stonewalled in the beginning. Finally, the investigator broke one down with his never-ending presence.
"For weeks that fall, Mr. Hyde had been stonewalled and lied to by teachers at Venetian Hills including Ms. Parks, who at one point, stood in her classroom doorway and blocked him from entering.
But day after day he returned to question people, and eventually his presence weighed so heavily on Ms. Parks that she said she felt a terrible need to confess her sins. “I wanted to repent,” she recalled in an interview. “I wanted to clear my conscience.”

Ms. Parks told Mr. Hyde that the cheating had been going on at least since 2004 and was overseen by the principal, who wore gloves so as not to leave her fingerprints on the answer sheets."

The cheating had been going on for the better part of a decade. Had the teachers "done the right thing", it would have been exposed as soon as it started in earnest.

Oh yes,  this OP was Juried ...

Star Member Logical (7,290 posts)

17. LOL, someone alerted this and lost badly! Here are the results!

View profile

At Sat Mar 30, 2013, 07:52 AM an alert was sent on the following post:

OK. Obama/Duncan/Gates School "Reform" Model: The results Are IN !!! Today's NYT: P. A1
http://www.democraticunderground.com/10022588780

REASON FOR ALERT:

This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate. (See <a href="http://www.democraticunderground.com/?com=aboutus#communitystandards" target="_blank">Community Standards[/url].)

ALERTER'S COMMENTS:

"explain to him ( Obama) what public schools are like in America"

The President of the UNITED STATES doesn't need to be taught how 'things are in America.' That's a birtheresque comment that shouldn't be allowed to stand on DU.

You served on a randomly-selected Jury of DU members which reviewed this post. The review was completed at Sat Mar 30, 2013, 08:10 AM, and the Jury voted 0-6 to LEAVE IT.

Juror #1 voted to LEAVE IT ALONE and said: Apparently the President DOES need to be told. I find the post informative.
Juror #2 voted to LEAVE IT ALONE and said: I bet Prosense submitted this alert! Alerted, it is ok to complain about Obama! :rotf:
Juror #3 voted to LEAVE IT ALONE and said: This looks like legitimate political dissent here. Hiding this would be antidemocratic.
Juror #4 voted to LEAVE IT ALONE and said: No explanation given
Juror #5 voted to LEAVE IT ALONE and said: No explanation given
Juror #6 voted to LEAVE IT ALONE and said: It is an opinion, Worded a bit roughly but it is only the posters opinion, take it or leave it, but leave the post

Thank you very much for participating in our Jury system, and we hope you will be able to participate again in the future.

I loved the knock on Nosense!  Even the more sane DUmmies know nosense is a Whitehouse POTTED PLANT.
< watch this space for coming distractions >

Offline 98ZJUSMC

• The Most Deplorable
  • Now, with 99% less yellow!
Re: Well now did you ever? Obama ed policy is a fu@king embarrassment.
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2013, 04:49:19 PM »
But please let's give the teachers and their union credit for doing the right thing to help bring this fraud to a halt.

You mean, after they were caught and had to save their own asses.

:whatever:

Liberal thinking is a two-legged stool and magical thinking is one of the legs, the other is a combination of self-loating and misanthropy.  To understand it, you would have to be able to sit on that stool while juggling two elephants, an anvil and a fragmentation grenade, sans pin.

"Accuse others of what you do." - Karl Marx

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2013, 10:03:10 PM »
Obama has an ed policy, I mean beyond free college for illegals and gay lifestyle/marriage indoctrination?  Who knew?
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Evil_Conservative

• Oh snap!
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2013, 10:46:33 PM »
The OP typed their thread as a big, old mess.  I cannot read it.  Is this about Common Core?  I couldn't even get past two sentences because of the jumbled mess.  Sorry.
You may call me Jessica or Jess.

Offline chitownchica

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2013, 01:57:49 AM »
The alerter has to be nosense. I LOL'd when I saw comment #2, because I was thinking the exact same thing.

I can't imagine being so crazy about a politician. Obama could lock the nonsense DUmmie in jail and throw away the key, and that DUmbass would still sing his praises.

I'm confident that DUmmie has a mental disorder.  It's either some sort of weird fixation, or a high paying job with OFA.

Offline Karin

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2013, 08:33:18 AM »
I can't imagine being so crazy about a politician.
  I know, it's so creepy it makes my skin crawl.  Look how devoted Graham Crackers is to Bloomberg.  And he's wild about dynasties.  Michelle Obama should be president because, well just because. 

He belongs in North Korea.  And he would believe that eating grass "promotes wellness." 

Offline chitownchica

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2013, 03:53:42 PM »
  I know, it's so creepy it makes my skin crawl.  Look how devoted Graham Crackers is to Bloomberg.  And he's wild about dynasties.  Michelle Obama should be president because, well just because. 

He belongs in North Korea.  And he would believe that eating grass "promotes wellness." 

It is super creepy.
LOL at the bolded above. :rotf: :rotf:

Offline zeitgeist

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2013, 05:43:18 PM »

Quote from: Karin on Today at 05:33:18 am

I know, it's so creepy it makes my skin crawl.  Look how devoted Graham Crackers is to Bloomberg.  And he's wild about dynasties.  Michelle Obama should be president because, well just because.  

He belongs in North Korea.  And he would believe that eating grass "promotes wellness."
It is super creepy.

Well, that would just be:

Steak on the hoof. :whatever:

DUmmies don't dare criticize the Wun, nor Dead Ted, on the subject of Ed, Big or Special.  How many more years will it be before we are too DUmb for Democracy? 
« Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 05:49:15 PM by zeitgeist »
< watch this space for coming distractions >

Offline Dori

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2013, 08:29:12 PM »
The OP typed their thread as a big, old mess.  I cannot read it.  Is this about Common Core?  I couldn't even get past two sentences because of the jumbled mess.  Sorry.

I think it's about the "No Child Left Behind" policy where the teachers/schools' kids' test results affected how they were given Federal dollars.  This goes back to 2004.  Common Core is recent.

Apparently this Superintendent and 30+ teachers were in on changing test scores.

Ms. Parks told Mr. Hyde that the cheating had been going on at least since 2004 and was overseen by the principal, who wore gloves so as not to leave her fingerprints on the answer sheets."
“How fortunate for governments that the people     they administer don't think”  Adolph Hitler

Offline Evil_Conservative

• Oh snap!
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2013, 09:56:57 PM »
I remember reading stories from a couple of years ago where teacher's were fudging the test scores in a lot of school districts.  Public schools need a serious makeover.
You may call me Jessica or Jess.

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2013, 08:31:31 AM »
It is super creepy.

Well, that would just be:

Steak on the hoof. :whatever:

DUmmies don't dare criticize the Wun, nor Dead Ted, on the subject of Ed, Big or Special.  How many more years will it be before we are too DUmb for Democracy? 

Pigs and cows are awesome animals, they convert grass and vegetables into bacon and steak.
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer