Author Topic: Cadaverous Joe has "Very fine people on both sides" moment  (Read 192 times)

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Cadaverous Joe has "Very fine people on both sides" moment
« on: April 22, 2024, 05:09:45 PM »
Of course, you likely won't hear this anywhere outside of conservative media...

President Biden Has His 'Very Fine People on Both Sides' Moment

President Joe Biden weighed in on the latest pro-Hamas uprising among American college students that began at Columbia University and has spread to other schools around the country on Monday afternoon and only made things worse — after his ham-fisted attempt at a written statement on the topic didn't go well either.

After speaking at an Earth Day event, Biden was asked whether he condemned the antisemitic demonstrations taking place on campuses — which have risen to the level that Jewish students are being told to flee because their safety can't be guaranteed at school.

"I condemn antisemitic protests and that's why I set up a program to deal with that," Biden responded (more on why that's a lie here). "I also condemn those who don't understand what's going on with the Palestinians," the president added.

Biden was also asked whether he believed Columbia University's President — Dr. Minouche Shafik — should resign over her inability to quash the unlawful protest and ensure security for all students. A confused Biden responded, "I didn't know that. I will have to find out more about that."

While Biden was, as usual, unclear with his answer to the first question about condemning antisemitic demonstrations, he also felt the need to condemn an unspecified group of people who "don't understand what's going on with the Palestinians." What exactly is he talking about? The entirely unnecessary addition made Biden's answer his very own "fine people on both sides" moment.

Readers will likely remember the baseless smear of former President Donald Trump, who we were told "blamed the violence on 'both sides'" — according to PBS — after the 2017 "Unite the Right" rally in Charlottesville, Virginia, saw one counter-protestor killed and 19 others injured. The false narrative purposely omitted Trump's adjoining statement that he was "not talking about the neo-Nazis and the white nationalists — because they should be condemned totally" when he said there "were very fine people on both sides" while discussing the debate over removing Confederate statues.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/spencerbrown/2024/04/22/biden-has-his-both-sides-moment-n2638128

Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Old n Grumpy

Re: Cadaverous Joe has "Very fine people on both sides" moment
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2024, 07:30:22 AM »
I watched them break up the protests in New York City last night. It’s not like the old days when the police went in with gas billy clubs dogs, and water cannons. They were pretty gentle with the protesters. If They sent them home with some lumps and broken bones. They might learn a lesson from that.

You have professors telling these kids to go out and riot, I wonder how many of them laugh about how stupid these kids are when they’re talking to each other in the break room.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2024, 09:37:59 AM by Old n Grumpy »
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!