Author Topic: Covington Catholic - the prime example of why private religious schools need to  (Read 26402 times)

Offline SVPete

I want the people Ptarmy listed and the manglers at the listed orgs to be reduced to learning how to filter french-fry oil for a living.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Kirsten Powers's so-called apology. More like whining.
https://twitter.com/KirstenPowers/status/1097550883443875841

Kirsten Powers

Verified account

@KirstenPowers
Follow Follow @KirstenPowers
More
1) I have spent the last few weeks in a mostly Twitter free zone to spend time reflecting on what role I may have played in what indisputably has become a dangerously toxic culture.  I am not proud of what I have found.

9:38 AM - 18 Feb 2019
You said you were leaving Twitter for good. Why are you still there? Why the rush of judgement?

Kirsten Powers

Verified account

@KirstenPowers
 Feb 18
More
2) I work hard to see
every side of an issue and also speak up when I see a wrong.  But in
doing that I am too often judgmental and condemning--both on and off social media--in a way that is
contrary to my belief system and my faith.

183 replies 87 retweets 1,996 likes
Reply 183   Retweet 87   Like 2.0K
Well, you did not!  :bs:

Kirsten Powers

Verified account

@KirstenPowers
 Feb 18
More
3) I want to stand on the side of justice and equality but also of grace and I have failed to do that. Part of grace is recognizing my own fallibilities and imperfect judgment and reminding myself that there but for the grace of God go I.

126 replies 110 retweets 2,440 likes
Reply 126   Retweet 110   Like 2.4K
WRONG! Try again! You created more injustices!  :bs:

Kirsten Powers

Verified account

@KirstenPowers
 Feb 18
More
4)  Yes, this applies in the Covington case. This will please nobody because I still believe the teenagers were disrespectful, but my tweets were lacking in grace. As a Catholic I felt duty bound to speak up and hold them accountable, but that really isn't my job.

997 replies 80 retweets 1,690 likes
Reply 997   Retweet 80   Like 1.7K
Time for excommunication.

Kirsten Powers

Verified account

@KirstenPowers
 Feb 18
More
5) I also don't believe these teenagers should be tarnished forever for what amounts to one really bad day. I know that black teenage boys don't get this benefit of the doubt or grace, but I want more black teenage boys to get this benefit, not fewer white teenage boys.

452 replies 99 retweets 2,489 likes
Reply 452   Retweet 99   Like 2.5K
And yet you did. :bs: Quit contradicting yourself!

Kirsten Powers

Verified account

@KirstenPowers
 Feb 18
More
6) It should be said I have been an equal opportunity scold, and liberals have been on the receiving end of my judgement and I regret that as well. I am rethinking my view on Al Franken, for example, after hearing from many friends on the issue of the rush to judgement.

105 replies 69 retweets 1,422 likes
Reply 105   Retweet 69   Like 1.4K
:mental: :mental: :mental: :mental: :mental:

Kirsten Powers

Verified account

@KirstenPowers
 Feb 18
More
7) I often am too rigid in trying to be pure in my principles and don't leave enough room for this mess of life.  So I'm writing this as an apology to both left and right and making a pledge to do better.

139 replies 98 retweets 2,267 likes
Reply 139   Retweet 98   Like 2.3K
TOO late! Not even an apology! Quit playing victim. :bird:

Kirsten Powers

Verified account

@KirstenPowers
 Feb 18
More
8)  I also hope to be part of a conversation -- if we ever have it as a country -- about the path to redemption for people who have stumbled and even failed spectacularly.  This is where I plan to put my focus and not on rendering judgements about other people's behavior. THE END

1,565 replies 188 retweets 5,732 likes
Reply 1.6K   Retweet 188   Like 5.7K
And you did! You contradicted yourself WAY TOO many times! I expect a lawsuit coming. :bird:
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Kentucky Prosecutor Close to Filing Charges against Leftists who Threatened Covington Kids
https://pjmedia.com/trending/kentucky-prosecutor-close-to-filing-charges-against-leftists-who-threatened-covington-kids/

Kenton County prosecutor Rob Sanders says his office is close to filing charges against the people who made terroristic threats against Covington Catholic High School students after an incident with protesters in Washington, D.C., last month.

Sanders told WLWT5 Tuesday that the first of these cases could come before a grand jury in the next two to three weeks.

The students were falsely accused of mocking Native American activist Nathan Phillips outside the Lincoln Memorial after the March for Life on January 18, spurring a frenzy that resulted in threats coming from across the country. Tens of thousands of hateful e-mails, calls, and Facebook and Twitter messages forced the school to cancel classes and activities for a couple of days the following week. Incredibly, the family of Nicholas Sandmann, the student at the center of the viral video, was forced to briefly go into hiding.

Kathy Griffin? Jack Morrissey? Michael Rapaport? Michelle Grissom? Sarah Beattie? Michael "DJ House Shoes" Buchanan? James Morrison?
-Napoleon Bonaparte

-Lisa Du

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
CNN to be sued for more than $250M over 'vicious' and 'direct attacks' on Covington High student: lawyer
https://www.foxnews.com/us/cnn-to-be-sued-for-more-than-250m-over-vicious-and-direct-attacks-on-covington-high-student-lawyer

CNN is likely to be hit with a massive lawsuit worth more than $250 million over alleged “vicious” and “direct attacks” on Covington Catholic High School student Nick Sandmann, his lawyer has told Fox News.

Lawyer L. Lin Wood discussed his decision to sue CNN for its reporting and coverage of his client during an interview that will air on Fox News Channel’s “Life, Liberty & Levin” on Sunday at 10 p.m. ET.

“CNN was probably more vicious in its direct attacks on Nicholas than The Washington Post. And CNN goes into millions of individuals' homes,” Wood told Fox News host and best-selling author Mark Levin.

First WaPo, now CNN. NYTimes? The Guardian?

Ilhan Omar, Jim Carrey, Kathy Griffin, S.E. Cupp, Reza Aslan, Bill Maher, Nathan Phillips, and Kirsten Powers take note.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

-Lisa Du

Offline SVPete

Maybe they couldn't find process servers in the countries where Kathy the Griffin was slamming the President of the U and the US people.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
CNN to be sued for more than $250M over 'vicious' and 'direct attacks' on Covington High student: lawyer
https://www.foxnews.com/us/cnn-to-be-sued-for-more-than-250m-over-vicious-and-direct-attacks-on-covington-high-student-lawyer

First WaPo, now CNN. NYTimes? The Guardian?

Ilhan Omar, Jim Carrey, Kathy Griffin, S.E. Cupp, Reza Aslan, Bill Maher, Nathan Phillips, and Kirsten Powers take note.

Heard that Mark Levin is having the lawyer on his Fox News show tonight at 9 CT/10 ET.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline jukin

$250 million here, $250 million there, pretty soon you are talking some real money.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Sandmann, family sue CNN for $275M in Covington Catholic controversy
https://www.foxnews.com/us/sandmann-family-sue-cnn-for-275m-in-covington-catholic-controversy

A lawsuit worth $275 million was filed against CNN on Tuesday over the network's alleged "vicious" attack against Covington Catholic High School student Nick Sandmann.

The lawsuit, which was filed just after 3 p.m. in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Kentucky, claims that CNN has "elevated false, heinous accusations of racist conduct" against Sandmann and failed to adhere to "well-established journalistic standards and ethics."

Update. CNN is getting sued for $275 million, not $250 million.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

-Lisa Du

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
-Napoleon Bonaparte

-Lisa Du

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Sandmann, family sue CNN for $275M in Covington Catholic controversy
https://www.foxnews.com/us/sandmann-family-sue-cnn-for-275m-in-covington-catholic-controversy

Update. CNN is getting sued for $275 million, not $250 million.

CNN served with Sandmann lawsuit
https://www.cnn.com/2019/03/21/us/cnn-sandmann-lawsuit/index.html

(CNN)Kentucky high school student Nick Sandmann has sued CNN for its reporting on a viral video controversy in January. The lawsuit, seeking damages of $275 million, follows Sandmann's multi-million dollar lawsuit earlier this month against the Washington Post.

Sandmann, a student at Covington Catholic High School, was videotaped on the National Mall in Washington D.C., on January 18 after he and other students participated in the annual March for Life rally. In a video that went viral, Sandmann was seen wearing a red Make American Great Again hat standing in front of Omaha tribe elder Nathan Phillips. Phillips, who was beating a drum and chanting, had participated at the Indigenous Peoples March the same day. Additional video that surfaced in the following days provided more context for the encounter.

CNN reporting about getting sued by Nick Sandmann. Not too long. Surprised they came forward about it.

I see no word from Kathy Griffin, Jim Carrey, Kirsten Powers, Jack Morrissey, Michelle Grissom, Michael Rapaport, Reza Aslan, or Bill Maher yet.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

-Lisa Du

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Covington Catholic High Student Nick Sandmann Sues NBC for $275 Million
https://www.theepochtimes.com/covington-catholic-high-student-nick-sandmann-sues-nbc-for-275-million_2902999.html

Covington Catholic High School student Nicholas Sandmann is filing a defamation lawsuit NBCUniversal for $275 million, one of his lawyers, Todd V. McMurty, announced on May 1.

“The facts of the suit show the anti-Trump narrative NBC pushed so hard,” McMurty wrote in a Twitter post.

WaPo $250 million
CNN $275 million
NBC $275 million

Total is $800 million.

I expect HBO, The Guardian, AP, The Hill, etc are next in line. How about Kathy Griffin, Jim Carrey, Bill Maher, Ilhan Omar, Michael Rapaport, Reza Aslan, Elizabeth Warren, and Alyssa Milano?

Let's not forget Kirsten Powers, Jack Morrissey, and Michelle Grissom.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

-Lisa Du

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
I would imagine these will all be settled quietly with non-disclosure of settlement attached.  Personally I would like to see it all disclosed to put others on notice of what it could cost them.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline YupItsMe

Kirsten Powers's so-called apology. More like whining.
https://twitter.com/KirstenPowers/status/1097550883443875841
You said you were leaving Twitter for good. Why are you still there? Why the rush of judgement?
Well, you did not!  :bs:
WRONG! Try again! You created more injustices!  :bs:
Time for excommunication.
And yet you did. :bs: Quit contradicting yourself!
 :mental: :mental: :mental: :mental: :mental:
TOO late! Not even an apology! Quit playing victim. :bird:
And you did! You contradicted yourself WAY TOO many times! I expect a lawsuit coming. :bird:

Kirsten Powers made some mistakes, but let's not be too harsh on her.  I am volunteering to spank her for her bad judgement.

Offline landofconfusion80

One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline Adam Wood

I would imagine these will all be settled quietly with non-disclosure of settlement attached.  Personally I would like to see it all disclosed to put others on notice of what it could cost them.

KC
I suspect that you're right, but if it were me on the other side of the table the conversation would go something like this:

CNN: We want to settle this quickly and quietly.  We'll offer one million dollars.

Me, via lawyer: That's $274M too little.  You have to actually hurt for what you have done with malicious intent, which we can very easily prove to any jury out there.

CNN: OK, five million, with a non-disclosure agreement.

Me: Tell you what: I'll make it $250K to cover legal fees, but with the specific stipulation that you have to spend one week starting every news and opinion program with a two-minute disclaimer that CNN has been found to have specifically lied, with willful and malicious intent, solely because they are a hopelessly biased and hate-filled organization, but they hope that they can manage to not be such hate-filled pusbags in the future.  Then show a picture of a banana.  Note that this means that everyone from Anderson Cooper to that idiot dingleberry Don Lemon have to start every single show this way for seven straight days.

CNN: No way! We're never going to admit our bias to our audience.

Me: See you in court.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Court date set in Nick Sandmann's defamation case against Washington Post
https://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/2019/06/07/oral-arguments-set-washington-post-v-nick-sandmann-case/1370101001/

Oral arguments concerning The Washington Post's motion to dismiss Nick Sandmann's defamation lawsuit will take place July 1, a federal judge ordered Thursday.

The Post is contesting a $250 million lawsuit, filed in response to the newspaper's reporting of a January encounter on the National Mall between Covington Catholic students and Native Americans, on several grounds.

Sandmann's legal team claims dozens of statements published by The Post are defamatory, while the newspaper's attorneys wrote in a brief filed Tuesday that each of the statements doesn't qualify as defamation because it isn't about Sandmann, it isn't defamatory, it's a statement of opinion or it is substantially true.

The WaPo is motioning to dismiss the lawsuit.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

-Lisa Du

Offline SVPete

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/2019/06/07/oral-arguments-set-washington-post-v-nick-sandmann-case/1370101001/

Predictably.

Offline jukin

WAPO losses the dismissal. Then the First Amendment howling will start in earnest.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Teacher Who Tweeted About Covington Student Leaves District With Payout, Vacation
https://freebeacon.com/culture/teacher-who-tweeted-about-covington-student-leaves-district-with-payout-vacation/

Michelle Grissom, a Colorado teacher who called a Covington Catholic student a member of the "Hitler Youth," has left the school district with a payout and paid vacation.

Grissom came to an agreement with Douglas County School District last week in which she will receive $25,000 in addition to the 14 weeks of paid time off that she already received, according to KUSA television.

Earlier this year, Grissom stepped into controversy with her comments on social media about the Covington Catholic students. The students came under fire after a video of their tense encounter with a Native American man went viral. When the video began to go viral, Grissom wrongly identified a student at Covington Catholic as being the instigator. She proceeded to put his name online and called him "Hitler Youth." The student named by Grissom was at a basketball game in Kentucky when he was accused, his family said.

Michelle Grissom should be rotting in prison along side with Kathy Griffin, Michael "DJ House Shoes" Buchanan, Sarah Beattie, and Jim Carrey.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

-Lisa Du

Offline Mary Ann

Teacher Who Tweeted About Covington Student Leaves District With Payout, Vacation
https://freebeacon.com/culture/teacher-who-tweeted-about-covington-student-leaves-district-with-payout-vacation/

Michelle Grissom should be rotting in prison along side with Kathy Griffin, Michael "DJ House Shoes" Buchanan, Sarah Beattie, and Jim Carrey.
With a payout. Figures. She should have been fired on the spot.

Offline landofconfusion80

Golden parachutes aren't just for fortune 500 companies
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies

I agree. What she did is wrong. What she did is bullying someone who was not even there.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

-Lisa Du

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Judge Dismisses Nick Sandman’s Lawsuit Against The Washington Post
https://www.theepochtimes.com/judge-dismisses-nick-sandmans-lawsuit-against-the-washington-post_3018735.html

A federal judge in Kentucky dismissed a lawsuit against The Washington Post brought by Nick Sandmann, one of the students of Covington Catholic High School who were in January confronted by a Native American activist, prompting a whirlwind of media coverage, much of which, Sandmann alleged, was defamatory.

On Feb. 19, Sandmann’s lawyers, Lin Wood and Todd McMurtry, filed a lawsuit against The Post claiming $250 million in damages. Several other lawsuits, including against CNN and NBC, followed.

Yet District Judge William Bertelsman of the eastern district of Kentucky tossed the first suit on July 26, saying The Post’s coverage of the incident didn’t use language derogatory enough, the alleged defamatory statements weren’t “objectively provable facts,” and many of them didn’t target Sandmann specifically.

Judge William Bertelsman is a President Jimmy Carter appointee.

Bertelsman, an appointee of President Jimmy Carter, ruled that several of The Post’s articles weren’t “actionable” because they didn’t name Sandmann, instead referring to the group of students as a whole. What the judge seemed to overlook was that a video was circulated with the articles which showed Sandmann face-to-face with Phillips, making apparent an association with Phillips’ comments that he “felt threatened” and that “that guy in the hat … blocked my way.”
-Napoleon Bonaparte

-Lisa Du

Offline Mary Ann

Judge Dismisses Nick Sandman’s Lawsuit Against The Washington Post
https://www.theepochtimes.com/judge-dismisses-nick-sandmans-lawsuit-against-the-washington-post_3018735.html

Judge William Bertelsman is a President Jimmy Carter appointee.
Big disappointment. Wonder what this means for the rest of the lawsuits.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Big disappointment. Wonder what this means for the rest of the lawsuits.

The alert I saw said this didn't affect the other cases. We'll see.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender