Author Topic: IVAW Bus Burned  (Read 4388 times)

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion
IVAW Bus Burned
« on: January 13, 2008, 12:24:27 PM »
Gotta be those evil rethugs,

proud2Blib  (1000+ posts)       Sun Jan-13-08 12:17 PM
Original message
IVAW bus burns! Looks like ARSON!!!!
 Bus marked "IVAW" mysteriously totaled by FIRE (1/11/08)
By Bill Perry | 01.12.2008

The bus in this photo, was totaled by fire, around 9:30 pm, Friday night, 1/11/08

This bus, often mired in controversy since the IVAW "Dirty South" tour that left Philly in June, and had Active Duty BBQ's @ Ft Meade, Ft Jackson, Camp Lejeune, Ft Benning, and other Southern Military Posts ( Including an IVAW benefit by Tom Morello, of Rage Against the Machine, and AudioSlave, in Virginia ) as well as backdrop for many a Demonstration, and Ft Drum, NY, organizing parties, has finally died.

This photo shows the huge "Don't Attack Iran" and "Impeach Bush" logos, that let everybody on the highway know just how the occupants felt about the state of the state.

Owner~Operator~Driver ( and Veteran ) Jim Goodnow pulled into a South Jersey Truck Stop, to catch a 3 or 4 hour nap. Jim saw, in retrospect, some suspicious activity outside the bus, and about 20 minutes later, the entire engine compartment, and back of the bus was engulfed in flames. Mr Goodnow speculates that the cause could have been anything from ARSON, to ATTEMPTED MURDER. He plans to notify the ATF Arson Squad on Saturday morning. Stay tuned....

http://www.phillyimc.org/en/2008/01/44128.shtml

This is most upsetting. Jim Goodnow is one of the MOST dedicated veterans for peace in our movement. If anyone wants info on reaching out and helping him following this tragedy, please PM me.

Arson or attempted murder.................yeah, let's go with that

proud2Blib  (1000+ posts)       Sun Jan-13-08 12:29 PM
Response to Reply #1
5. I am just reeling
 Yes, JIm is wonderful and I am so thankful he is okay.

Some days it is hard to be a peace activist and stay calm. When I think of how hard JIm has worked, how much money he has spent, how he has basically given up his LIFE to stop this war . . .

And war mongers go after him. And Carlos. And a couple others who haven't advertised their stories. Damn I just can't help but HATE these people.

Here is Jim in June in DC. We met up with him and were on our way to dinner when we saw this sign and had to stop and take a picture.

Yep those people....

SpiralHawk  (1000+ posts)     Sun Jan-13-08 12:23 PM
Response to Original message
3. More proof that republicon homelanders hate our veterans?
 Edited on Sun Jan-13-08 12:29 PM by SpiralHawk
Could be. It always seems to me that just the existance of our US Veterans who served honorably is upsetting to republicon homelander chickenhawks -- Bush, Cheney, O'Reilly, Limbaugh, Hannity, etc. etc. ad nauseum -- because it makes plain how lacking in integrity the republicons are.

Thus, I'd not be at all surprised to learn that republicon homelanders were behind this attack on our veterans and their bus...not at all.

That's my theory, and until evidence to the contrary manifests, I'm stickin with it...

i believe it, so it's true.....regardless that I know nothing..............

kgfnally  (1000+ posts)       Sun Jan-13-08 01:06 PM
Response to Reply #4
16. I really hate to inject this into this thread, but I think I need to point it out
 This is why Obama's message of "unity" and "reaching out" will not work. There are no "deepest depths" to which these people are unwilling to sink. They will smile at you in the daylight and slit your throat in the darkness. They do not deserve a place at the table, they do not deserve to be reached out to, they do not deserve consideration.

Obama's own "best points" will be his downfall. These people already do not wish to "work together"; they wish to dominate. Obama seems oblivious to that.

We are not even worth consideration................WTF

proud2Blib  (1000+ posts)       Sun Jan-13-08 12:31 PM
Response to Reply #3
7. No doubt in my mind that is exactly what happened.

Yep my mind is made up and nothing will change it

OPERATIONMINDCRIME  (1000+ posts)       Sun Jan-13-08 12:40 PM
12. Is There Any Reason At This Time To Believe It Was Anything Else Other Than, Say, A Bus Fire?
 I mean, before this spreads like wildfire across the nets and everyone starts crying out all these melodramatic things; was there actually any indication from law enforcement or otherwise, that the fire was in fact suspicious? Or is that part just totally made up.

Oh no...............the voice of reason...........anti hive thought

I'm glad OMC is back

annabanana  (1000+ posts)       Sun Jan-13-08 12:43 PM
14. If this was arson.... It was a terrorist attack. . . . Against our troops!
 If they catch the goons that did it.. the full weight of the erstwhile Patriot Act should land on their heads...

:thatsright:

linky http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x2673764

You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.

Offline RightCoast

• Semper Fi means more than most will ever know
Re: IVAW Bus Burned
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2008, 01:05:02 PM »
I'm going to file this case under "freedom of speech."  NEXT!
nine eleven is a car
nine one one is an emergency service
September 11, 2001 was an attack
Never Forget, or Minimize.

Offline asdf2231

• would like to cordially invite you to the pants party!
  • VRWC Arts And Crafts Director
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2008, 03:10:48 PM »
Jerks should have been more careful with their Blunts is all...

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for awhile.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life...

Offline asdf2231

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2008, 03:13:43 PM »
proud2Blib  (1000+ posts)       Sun Jan-13-08 02:15 PM
Response to Reply #31
42. OMC, we call the cops when we are assaulted by these morans
 Off the top of my head, I can think of 5 incidents in the last couple years here in my city. Yes, we call the cops. NO THEY HAVE NEVER COME.

Granted, we aren't reporting a fire. But I can report a cop driving by us and yelling "**** OFF" from his patrol car. I can also report another cop flipping us off as he drove by with his lights and siren on. He took his hands off the wheel to put BOTH middle fingers up in our direction.

I can also report that the cops DO COME when someone else calls and turns US in. For blocking traffic (we never do). For threatening people who drive by (we never do that either).

My son was pulled over while driving my car and the cop just wanted to hassle him about my bumper stickers. Claimed he had just gotten home from Iraq and seeing "ANOTHER AMERICAN FOR PEACE", "PEACE ON EARTH" AND "WAR IS NOT PRO-LIFE" on my bumper was grounds for pulling my car over. Yes, we filed a complaint. No, we never heard anymore about it.

So no, most of us protesting against this war don't trust the cops to protect us. Ironically, in all the places in the US where I have been to speak out or march against the war, the cops in Crawford, TX seem to be the only ones who are really concerned about protecting us.

What a retarded humpwad.

Offline asdf2231

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2008, 03:15:17 PM »
proud2Blib  (1000+ posts)       Sun Jan-13-08 01:52 PM
Response to Reply #12
24. Well since I have actually been WITH Jim on this bus
 and in DC with others marching and lobbying against the occupation of Iraq, and I have actually seen how hateful the war mongers can be, I can't help but suspect it was arson. Jim took good care of this bus. It has been his home for 3 or 4 years now. It was his baby. So until it can be proven otherwise, I will believe it was arson.

OMC, it is hard to even describe how hateful these war mongers are. They drive by Camp Casey in the middle of the night and stop in the middle of the road (it's a state highway, BTW) and lean on their horns until the cops come and send them away or arrest them. They try to come onto the property pointing guns at us. They ride horses onto the property and try to intimidate us. Motorcycles too. The police come and arrest them and they come back after they bail out. One guy even said he was there to kill us. Yes, he told the cops he wanted to kill all of us. And I just happened to overhear that guy but I am told there are many more of him who have made the same threat.

They beat the shit out of a dad in DC whose son had died in Iraq. His crime? Marching against the war with a picture of his son.

Here in my city, where we vigil against the war twice a week, they throw beers at us and drive up in the sidewalk trying to run us over.

I could write a book detailing the hate mail, crank phone calls and emails we get from these people. Death threats are a way of life to them.

So yes, I believe they burned this bus. 
Bouncy Good Fun!!  THIS one should have taken DUmmy of the year!!!

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2008, 03:16:00 PM »
Judging from the 'before' pictures, I think the bus wanted to commit suicide.  How would you feel if you were covered in stupid stickers and paraded around with a bunch of moonbats all day long?

Poor bus.  :(
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2008, 03:18:07 PM »
Have you seen this car? 

Don't let another senseless accident happen!  Save your vehicles from a fate worse than death!

If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline MPCOA

• Just Off Probation
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2008, 03:19:59 PM »
A Marine takes the photo of a Marine off of a coffin and gets tackled by the guy, who turns out to be the father, and it's getting the shit beat out of him?
Don't suffer from PTSD, go out and cause it

Embrace the Hate

"Over the years, the United States has sent many of its fine young men and women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return is enough to bury those that did not return." Gen. Colin Powell

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2008, 03:34:18 PM »
Ouch

OPERATIONMINDCRIME  (1000+ posts)       Sun Jan-13-08 02:05 PM
Response to Reply #28
31. Oh How I Missed This Sort Of Melodramatic Empty Response!
 fascist empire blah blah blah 

Oh some things haven't changed a bit!

So police don't investigate fires anymore? Oh, wait, let me guess: You want the attorney general to take it up and congress to start hearings on it, lest they all be complicit?

This was a vehicle fire on a highway. Cops must've been at the scene. If there was any indication of foul play, they would note it. That's just simple fact. Your complete avoidance of the issue would lead me to believe that you aren't interested in facts whatsoever, and have no critical thinking skills. I found your response to be all sorts of silly. Yeah, police never investigate fires. You're too much! 

Did I metion how nice it was too have OMC back

OPERATIONMINDCRIME  (1000+ posts)       Sun Jan-13-08 02:12 PM
Response to Reply #34
38. Oh My What An Act Of Desperation That Was.
 Holy cow, to think you actually believe that supports your empty position somehow.

You're really not doing anything to help this thread ya know. Proud has done a far better job by at least being willing to find out more details, and provide them.

I think it's important to know whether or not there was foul play involved prior to jumping to foolish conclusions. If there was, then there should be all sorts of an outcry from all of us, since such an act would be reprehensible. But let's not put the cart in front of the horse and just leap to such conclusion, while there's still no indication that's what occurred.

And what was your post supposed to prove anyway? What, am I now supposed to post a million and one pictures of vehicles on fire, that started just on their own merits? Yeah, that would be productive.

ProudDad  (1000+ posts)       Sun Jan-13-08 02:26 PM
Response to Reply #40
45. Ah
 "uppity ******s" of any color not allowed, eh?

OPERATIONMINDCRIME  (1000+ posts)       Sun Jan-13-08 02:27 PM
Response to Reply #45
46. Yes. You Saw Right Through Me Watson. That's Exactly What I Meant.

« Last Edit: January 13, 2008, 03:37:38 PM by Crazy Horse »

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2008, 03:42:09 PM »

It was arson, I have proved it.  :-)

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2008, 03:42:38 PM »
 :lmao:
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2008, 03:49:36 PM »
A Marine takes the photo of a Marine off of a coffin and gets tackled by the guy, who turns out to be the father, and it's getting the shit beat out of him?

I talked to Mr. Garvey at length after that happened.

Is that you Monk?

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2008, 05:34:24 PM »
Well proudtobeanidiot does it again!! And technically, asshat, the FIRE DEPT. investigates arson, not the POLICE DEPT. I know, I know........

Jim saw, in retrospect, some suspicious activity outside the bus, and about 20 minutes later, the entire engine compartment, and back of the bus was engulfed in flames.
  :mental:
« Last Edit: January 13, 2008, 05:38:51 PM by DixieBelle »
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2008, 09:37:40 PM »
Maybe Randi Rhodes was driving the bus.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline MPCOA

• Just Off Probation
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2008, 07:13:26 AM »

I talked to Mr. Garvey at length after that happened.

Is that you Monk?
Not Monk, just someone who did a little research on the case.
Think that is how I found out about CU.
Don't suffer from PTSD, go out and cause it

Embrace the Hate

"Over the years, the United States has sent many of its fine young men and women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return is enough to bury those that did not return." Gen. Colin Powell

Offline lizard

« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2008, 10:03:29 AM »
It is definitely a pleasure to see OMC back.   :evillaugh:
I have to say, idiot DUmmies need to let the law enforcement agencies and the fire department complete their investigation before they start spewing false assumptions and accusations.  :mental:
I know for a fact, it will amaze the average person just how fast a fire can destroy a vehicle.  I was at work several years ago and while driving the Lull Skytrac around to the front of the plant, I had to cut through the parking lot to get to the section of the building I needed to access.  I drove by a car that had smoke coming from under the hood, I used the radio to call security (to have them call 911) and the plant manager.  In less than 5 minutes the car was engulfed and the first tire burst.  By the time the fire department arrived, the car was totally engulfed and the heat was blistering the paint on the vehicles in close proximity. 

Offline Bondai

• Rode hard and put up wet too many times.
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2008, 10:46:14 AM »
Sounds like an insurance scam to me..... :loser:

"It's mercy, compassion, and forgiveness I lack; not rationality".

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2008, 10:58:31 AM »
Sounds like an insurance scam to me..... :loser:
Mysterious fire in of a run down asset in New Jersey? Surely you jest?  :-)