Author Topic: What do we want? SINGLE PAYER. When do we want it? NOW. Who's going to pay for i  (Read 549 times)

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
begin_within  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Thu Sep-10-09 01:40 AM
Original message
What do we want? SINGLE PAYER. When do we want it? NOW. Who's going to pay for it? THE RICH.

Now I feel better.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x6509216

Yeah because we know the rich all owe you.  :whatever:

begin_within  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Thu Sep-10-09 01:59 AM
Response to Reply #3
11. It's so simple:

1. Pass single payer.
2. Raise the top income tax rate to pay for it.
3. Let the chips fall where they may politically.
4. Move on to the next pressing issue, namely GLOBAL CLIMATE CHANGE which is a survival-of-the-species issue.

Hmmm I would think protecting the polar bears from cow farts would be more important than treating hangnails.  :-)

newtothegame  Donating Member  (991 posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Thu Sep-10-09 02:49 AM
Response to Original message
19. Why don't we all pay for it since we're all going to use it? n/t

That's just crazy talk, you lousy freeper troll.  :lmao:

begin_within  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Thu Sep-10-09 09:34 AM
Response to Reply #19
24. To those who much is given, much is expected.

You are on to something if the govt gives you stuff then we can expect a lot from you right?
Ohh you mean if people actually earn something you want a piece of it.

I want a lot of things in life maybe I should see if I can get the govt to give me some money from Bill Gate's bank account.  :whatever:
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

Who's going to pay for it? THE RICH LEPRECHAUNS!!!

Fixxorized.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
truedelphi  (1000+ posts)        Thu Sep-10-09 02:22 AM
Response to Reply #6
17. I am cheering up over the last two hours since 
 Discovering "Yeswestillcan.org"

It helped me to feel like I was doing something.

Oh lookie...an online petition,what an effort.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
Washington D.C. – August has not been the kindest of months for president Obama. With the recession putting the brakes on federal revenue streams and major agenda items feeling the pressure from an electorate increasingly nervous over deficits the fledgling administration is scrambling to ease the concerns that its domestic policies will bankrupt the nation are mere opposition rhetoric and not a genuine threat.

Nowhere is this pressure more pronounced than the president’s ambitions for a federally-based healthcare system. On the campaign trail then-candidate Obama pledged that the program would be “revenue neutral” with any additional cost offset by savings. Yet, with budget deficit projections recently revised from $7 trillion to $9 trillion over the next 10 years even with the president’s presumed savings measures in place many Americans—and members congress from within the president’s own party—are in a quasi-state of political rebellion.

The encroaching debt burden also threatens another Obama campaign promise: that only those Americans making over $250,000 would see their taxes rise.

“Even if you took every last dime they [the rich] owned you could only cover about 40% of the proposed new cost outlays,” explained noted economist Harold Fredericks.

The fact has not been lost on the president’s economic policy team.

“We know what we’re up against,” said Rosemary Hicks, said the chief of Obama’s Revenue Appropriations, Projections and Enhancement Department (RAPED) as she took a moment from finishing her bachelor’s degree in Siberian dung beetle insemination. “We admit we had ideas on how to pay for these programs before we assumed the reigns but when we inherited this economy from the previous administration we discovered that certain realities had been—shall we say—concealed from us.”

Ms. Hicks describes the problem in the frankest terms. “We took a number of very rich Americans and no matter how many we cut open there weren’t any golden eggs to be found,” she told us between text messages with that totally cute guy she met at the “Free Tibet” rally and would so go out with him even though he’s a total jock. “We must have repeated the process at least a thousand times but we never found a single egg.”

Other avenues have proven equally fruitless such as wishing everything the president touches would turn to gold. “Some people said it could have bad repercussions with the president’s family so the idea never made its way out of committee.”

The revelation has left Ms. Hicks and her colleagues searching for other ways to fund the president’s agenda. “I don’t think we’re totally without options though. I heard about this little short dude that can spin straw into gold.”

If the reports prove true Ms. Hicks says a new czar could be in the offing.

“What have we got to lose?”

http://bunnynewsnetwork.wordpress.com/2009/09/05/domestic-agenda-collides-with-economic-reality/

Leave it to these idiots to turn absurdist parody into reality.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Chump

I want an F350 and a threesome with Jessica Alba and Mila Kunis.  I want it now.  I want someone else to pay for it and make it happen.
Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.   ~Robert A. Heinlein

...let the cannibal who snarls that the freedom of man's mind was needed to create an industrial civilization, but is not needed to maintain it, be given an arrowhead and bearskin, not a university chair of economics.
~Atlas Shrugged, Galt's speech

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
begin_within  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Thu Sep-10-09 09:34 AM
Response to Reply #19
24. To those who much is given, much is expected.

I'm quite sure that the DUmmie is too stupid to understand what it just said.
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.