Author Topic: I was horribly saddened today  (Read 1286 times)

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
I was horribly saddened today
« on: September 09, 2009, 08:27:20 PM »
Thou Shalt NOT Disrespect the President.  Ever.  Not for any reason.  No matter who it is.

Horse with no Name  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)

Wed Sep-09-09 08:53 PM
Original message

My granddaughter is 6. We live in a red county, she attends a very red school. Obviously, they didn't show his speech yesterday.
We try not to burden the kids with politics. They are too young to be part of this horrificly partisan brawl that is politics today. I never badmouthed Bush or McCain while they were in the limelight in her presence. It is difficult to teach tolerance when you are intolerant.
So tonight, I sit down to watch the speech.
My granddaughter comes running into the living room, looks at the TV, puts her fingers in her ears and starts screaming "LALALALALALA".
I was mortified of course.
I asked her what she was doing?
She told me she didn't want to hear HIM speak.
The first thing I did was make her say his name respectfully and told her we didn't tolerate anything else.
I asked her where she heard and saw that behavior. Of course she didn't say, but I know in my heart it came from the little school full of intolerant redneck's kids. :(
I am hoping that she didn't hear it from adults because I told her that we respect the President and we listen to what he has to say, whether we agree or not and I would not tolerate the behavior she exhibited.
I also told her that ANYONE that told her to act like I just witnessed was nothing but a "crazy".
I hope I don't get a call from her teacher tomorrow...

Anyone who can search wanna post a few uglies that Whore With No Shame has posted about school kids and President Bush?  Hmmm .... anyone?

KC

Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Re: I was horribly saddened today
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2009, 08:31:34 PM »
I never badmouthed Bush or McCain while they were in the limelight in her presence.

I asked her where she heard and saw that behavior. Of course she didn't say, but I know in my heart it came from the little school full of intolerant redneck's kids.

There is no smilie big enough to reflect this:  :bs:
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2009, 08:32:59 PM »
Ken Burch  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)
Wed Sep-09-09 08:55 PM

Response to Original message

1. You did right, and your granddaughter's teacher would be way out of line to attack you for it   Updated at 8:48 PM

In these times, progressive families are, in some cases, the only defense on right wing lies.

MsLeopard Donating Member (574 posts)
Wed Sep-09-09 08:56 PM

2. Good on you

It might be okay if you did hear from her teacher tomorrow - you may well teach her a thing or two. :cheers:
   Printer Friendly | Permalink | Reply | Top

aquart Donating Member (1000+ posts)
Wed Sep-09-09 08:58 PM

3. Don't wait for the call. YOU CALL.

YOU ask what kind of unpatriotic disrespect is being taught in those classrooms. YOU DO IT.

How dare they send a child home with that attitude.

FLyellowdog Donating Member (1000+ posts)
Wed Sep-09-09 08:58 PM

4. I hope you do so you can tell him/her that such actions will not tolerated

If it came from your granddaughter's classroom, the behavior should have been stopped by the teacher, regardless of political leanings. You need to find out just what happened yesterday. That was just plain rude and disrepectful of the office of the Presidency.

MissMarple Donating Member (1000+ posts)
Wed Sep-09-09 09:18 PM

5. Well done, grandmother.

:applause:

I always told my kids, some people may choose to act that way, but WE don't. We are better than that. And today, they are both very centered, very fair young adults. My other favorite phrase, and it also worked with my fifth grade boys when I was teaching special ed.: "There's no honor in that." They knew instinctively what it meant. It took the smirk right off their faces.

Just talk and comment occasionally to her in a general way about good behavior and respect for all people as you and she watch tv or movies. She may never know she is being "nudged". She is showing a typical behavior, and just needs some gentle, consistent guidance. Books work well, too. Ask your librarian for age appropriate stories about the qualities you want to reinforce. If you are reading to her, her listening level should be beyond her reading level.

Again, kudos. :)

blogslut Donating Member (1000+ posts)
Wed Sep-09-09 09:21 PM

6. You know what to do, Grandma

She will listen to you and I have faith you will guide her to a fair assessment of her president.

Pangolin2 (340 posts)
Wed Sep-09-09 09:22 PM

7. Is there any chance she got it from her parents?

Not implying anything but it does sound like the kind of thing a kid would get from mom or dad...

That's the whole thread.  Anyone who is able to do a good search wanna see what some of these had to say about the kids in school during a real President's term's?

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline jinxmchue

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2009, 10:14:55 PM »
Thou Shalt NOT Disrespect the President.  Ever.  Not for any reason.  No matter who it is.

Anyone who can search wanna post a few uglies that Whore With No Shame has posted about school kids and President Bush?  Hmmm .... anyone?

KC

"Whore With No Shame"   :rotf:  Love it!

He's got a DUmp journal:

http://journals.democraticunderground.com/Horse%20with%20no%20Name

Lots of material there.

Offline Traveshamockery

• Nana to Kyle and Garrett
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2009, 10:20:52 PM »
My granddaughter comes running into the living room, looks at the TV, puts her fingers in her ears and starts screaming "LALALALALALA".

Now that's hilarious! 

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Offline sofa king

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2009, 11:23:00 PM »
The first thing I did was make her say his name respectfully and told her we didn't tolerate anything else.

i am absolutely amazed by the sudden respect dummies have for the office of the president of the united states, after witnessing their behavior for the last eight years.

let me guess, horse...  you never indulged in * or chimp or mccokespoon?  never disrespected the presidential office in any way?  you always listened with respect to the speeches of president bush?

always said his name respectfully and tolerated nothing else?  heh.  right...

if this child disrespected the president, i'm sure it was just a natural expression of her experience of living with dummies all of her life.   now horse comes down hard on the child.   poor child.  i feel for you, child.

no wonder the children of dummies are so confused.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2009, 04:05:03 AM »
A real quick search found this...

If federal marshalls don't remove this crazy bastard from office this week, I fear we will see what all this Armageddon talk is about.
*******ed his rotten soul.
HorseWithNoName

Respect. DUmmie style.

If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2009, 04:16:04 AM »
Ms. Ed, the unappellated eohippus, was a major Bush-basher on Skins's island during the previous presidential administration.  I've been watching Ms. Ed since the beginning (probably because of the screen-name).  She gave an "opus" and took a short hiatus from Skins's island shortly after the Democrat presidential primaries last year; her candidate had apparently been John Edwards, and she supported Bo with about the same enthusiasm as many of us supported John McCain.

Ms. Ed is allegedly 44 or (now) 45 years old, allegedly born and raised in southern Oklahoma, now allegedly living in northern Texas, somewhere around Dallas-Fort Worth (but not in Dallas-Fort Worth), allegedly a registered nurse or possibly a keyboardist at a hospital or clinic, whichever position is most likely to pay $24,000 a year, her alleged salary with overtime.

Ms. Ed is undeniably the biggest liar on Skins's island.  What makes her this, unlike the lying tits primitive, is that she lies about the most harmless, innocuous, little things--things that one can be truthful about, without being vulnerable--and so her lies get overlooked.

Ms. Ed is a sui generis primitive, a one-of-a-kind.  While she hates George Bush with the same passion and intensity as the other primitives, she hates George Bush less than she loves abortion.  Ms. Ed loves abortion with all her heart and soul, and always leads the charge when there's a news story, for example, about a woman who chose to let her infant live, rather than killing it.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Ree

• It's Ree...
  • 100+ pounds lighter.. Ain't I hot
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2009, 10:57:27 AM »
The "kiddie" prolly seen the fingers in the ears hollerin LaLaLaLaLa on a cartoon....Why in the hell should a 6 yr old want to watch the President anyways?
In Tennessee. I came down here to get warm,froze my arse off since I got here..
Just my luck... ;-P

Offline VivisMom

« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2009, 11:06:09 AM »
My 2.5 year old, whenever you ask her how she feels about Barack Obama, sticks her tongue out and blows a raspberry. My dad (a liberal) doesn't like that, but my in-laws find it hysterical.

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2009, 11:22:35 AM »
So she doesn't want to burden her granddaughter with politics so when she runs in acting like a typical 6 year old, instead of ignoring her, she gave her a lecture. Wonder if the same thing would've happened if horsey was listening to Bush the little girl would be given the same reprimand. My guess, she would've run bragging to DU about how smart the little girl was and how she didn't have the heart to correct her.

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2009, 11:27:04 AM »
By the way, I'm wondering something.

Ms. Ed is either 44 or 45 years old now.

This is a 6-year-old granddaughter she described.

Do they marry early down south or something?
apres moi, le deluge

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2009, 11:41:52 AM »
Horse with no Name  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)

Wed Sep-09-09 08:53 PM
Original message

Well, how unfortunate that you couldn't have been more pleasantly saddened.

Dipshit.

:loser:
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Karin

« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2009, 03:37:23 PM »
Frank, probably something about an out-of-wedlock situation, a surprise in the younger years, occuring to her or her kid.  Maybe that's why she's so pro-abortion.  Her kid turned out to be horrible, an inconvenience, and she's been bitter and resentful ever since.  She is one of the biggest bitches on the island, and I hope her grandchild turns into a little Freeper. 

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2009, 03:41:57 PM »
That reminds me of a true story.  When I was in elementary school, I lived outside DC, and we wrote President Ford letters, that he responded to, with an autographed picture.  I thought for sure, it was real, as in he wrote me a letter back, and signed it himself.  We had recently visited the White House too, and I fell in love with it and it's history.  I remember vividly Carter winning the election, and announcing to my family, that President Ford was MY president, and boycotting peanut products.  When we would go into DC, I would close my eyes when we would pass the White House, because I was afraid it turned into a peanut.  To this day, I have not eaten peanut, or peanut butter in any form. Ha. 
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline MrsSmith

« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2009, 07:35:17 PM »
By the way, I'm wondering something.

Ms. Ed is either 44 or 45 years old now.

This is a 6-year-old granddaughter she described.

Do they marry early down south or something?
Wow, that's terrible!!!!!!11!11!  

(Um, I just turned 50, and my oldest grandchild will be 9 in December...and was born to my second child, not my oldest.)  :uhsure:  :-)

Antifa - the only fascists in America today.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2009, 07:43:10 PM »
Wow, that's terrible!!!!!!11!11! 

(Um, I just turned 50, and my oldest grandchild will be 9 in December...and was born to my second child, not my oldest.)  :uhsure:  :-)

Nothing wrong with that Mrs. S.

I did have to do a double take when I saw a Facebook update the other day.  A HS classmate posted that she just became a grandmother, and she's 39.

Offline MrsSmith

« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2009, 07:46:41 PM »
Nothing wrong with that Mrs. S.

I did have to do a double take when I saw a Facebook update the other day.  A HS classmate posted that she just became a grandmother, and she's 39.
Well, you know, 16 + 16 is 32...so anything later than that can't be too bad.   :lmao: :lmao:

Frank does have a point though...why does any "self-respecting lib" have grandkids so early?  Abortion has been available for long enough to take care of that "problem."   ::)

Antifa - the only fascists in America today.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2009, 08:04:51 PM »
Well, you know, 16 + 16 is 32...so anything later than that can't be too bad.   :lmao: :lmao:

Frank does have a point though...why does any "self-respecting lib" have grandkids so early?  Abortion has been available for long enough to take care of that "problem."   ::)

Excellent point as usual.

Offline Traveshamockery

• Nana to Kyle and Garrett
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2009, 08:06:03 PM »
That reminds me of a true story.  When I was in elementary school, I lived outside DC, and we wrote President Ford letters, that he responded to, with an autographed picture.  I thought for sure, it was real, as in he wrote me a letter back, and signed it himself.  We had recently visited the White House too, and I fell in love with it and it's history.  I remember vividly Carter winning the election, and announcing to my family, that President Ford was MY president, and boycotting peanut products.  When we would go into DC, I would close my eyes when we would pass the White House, because I was afraid it turned into a peanut.  To this day, I have not eaten peanut, or peanut butter in any form. Ha. 

My father owned a liquor store in 1976 when Jimmy Carter was elected.  He refused to sell Billy Beer.  

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2009, 08:32:04 PM »

My father owned a liquor store in 1976 when Jimmy Carter was elected.  He refused to sell Billy Beer.  

HA!  Love it!
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2009, 04:22:45 AM »
Well, you know, 16 + 16 is 32...so anything later than that can't be too bad.   :lmao: :lmao:

Well, when said "self-respecting libs" let their kids sleep with whomever they want at age 14, eventually one's going to get through the goalie . . .
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2009, 09:06:16 AM »
Y'know, you can give kids the tools to make choices, but ultimately some of those choices will be bad ones.  On top of that some of us have made some bad choices as youngsters ourselves.  We shouldn't be throwing any stones over that age thing, which is not such an unheard-of thing in the first place.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2009, 09:13:19 AM »
Y'know, you can give kids the tools to make choices, but ultimately some of those choices will be bad ones.  On top of that some of us have made some bad choices as youngsters ourselves.  We shouldn't be throwing any stones over that age thing, which is not such an unheard-of thing in the first place.

I suppose it's a matter of basing perception upon experience, and I'm aware that bias exists in myself, having been born of older parents, at the tail end of a big family--I have the image of grandparents as being very old, even when one was a child, monstrously old, and so it still blows me away when hearing of a person who's a grandparent already when the person is only in his or her 40s, which is about the same time my mother bore myself and my younger brother.
apres moi, le deluge