Author Topic: Repub leaders meeting behind closed doors this morning?  (Read 1168 times)

Offline CC27

Repub leaders meeting behind closed doors this morning?
« on: September 09, 2009, 09:35:25 AM »
kentuck  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Wed Sep-09-09 10:26 AM
Original message
Repub leaders meeting behind closed doors this morning?

to discuss how they will react to President Obama's speech tonight?

I suppose they probably are. If he mentions anything about tort reform or competition, they will applaud. Anything else that he says about health care reform, they will sit on their hands. They will be united in their opposition. None will dare to not follow orders.

The President should not expect any widespread acceptance from the Republicans on the other side of the aisle. They have already decided.

:loser:

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x6498198

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
Re: Repub leaders meeting behind closed doors this morning?
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2009, 09:39:48 AM »
They do understand that the GOP has absolutely no power to stop the Democrats don't they?

The Democrats are going to try to push this beast through against the wishes of the people.

The GOP is just getting ready to admit they can't stop it.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2009, 09:46:35 AM »
They will be united in their opposition. None will dare to not follow orders.

Hmmm.  Who's giving the Republicans orders?

As long time embedded professional Republican, I'm under the impression the Republicans are currently pretty unorganized, every Republican for himself.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2009, 10:04:19 AM »
Well if the Republicans are smart they will let the Dems hang themselves over this and not one vote goes for it.  Otherwise its just more of the same ol same ol going on in DC. They want this so bad the Dems need to sink with it in 2010.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2009, 10:10:09 AM »
They do understand that the GOP has absolutely no power to stop the Democrats don't they?

Apparently not.  Of course Kentuck is thick even for a DUer.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2009, 10:11:04 AM »
Well if the Republicans are smart they will let the Dems hang themselves over this and not one vote goes for it.  Otherwise its just more of the same ol same ol going on in DC. They want this so bad the Dems need to sink with it in 2010.

I'm willing to bet that there will be a couple of Republicans that vote for a DimRat bill. It will be the usual suspects, Snowe, etc.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2009, 10:13:34 AM »
I know Beth is the most stupid person on the internet, but this kentuck primitive isn't far behind.

Quote from:
Laf.La.Dem.

1. Why have a meeting??

They will just listen to their REAL leader - Rush Limpballs

Quote from:
kentuck
Response to Reply #1

3. Because, unlike the Democrats...

they all like to sing from the same songbook.

Unlike the Dems?!?  This from a board that's done nothing but encourage the Dems to march in lockstep since Jan., 2001.  Decide what you want, you idiots.  Either you want the Dems to sing from the same songbook, or you don't want them to sing from the same songbook.  According to the always doltish kentuck primitive, that the Dems don't sing from the same songbook regarding healthcare reform is a good thing, so when they vote against it, you should be cheering them.

primitives:  Make. Up. What. Little. Minds. You. Have.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2009, 11:05:43 AM »
I know Beth is the most stupid person on the internet, but this kentuck primitive isn't far behind.

Unlike the Dems?!?  This from a board that's done nothing but encourage the Dems to march in lockstep since Jan., 2001.  Decide what you want, you idiots.  Either you want the Dems to sing from the same songbook, or you don't want them to sing from the same songbook.  According to the always doltish kentuck primitive, that the Dems don't sing from the same songbook regarding healthcare reform is a good thing, so when they vote against it, you should be cheering them.

primitives:  Make. Up. What. Little. Minds. You. Have.

Oh don't think for a minute that the Dems don't want everyone to sing from the same songbook.

As long as they are calling the tune.
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2009, 11:06:45 AM »
What I would like to see is a completely empty Republican side of the chamber.

Nothing would send a clearer message to Obama that he's on his own on this than to find out he's playing to a half empty room.
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2009, 11:28:57 AM »

Nothing would send a clearer message to Obama that he's on his own on this than to find out he's playing to a half empty room.

That would be awesome

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2009, 03:59:44 PM »

Maybe if they started the speech in their seats, but got up in the middle and walked out . . .
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2009, 04:03:45 PM »
Maybe if they started the speech in their seats, but got up in the middle and walked out . . .

How about they walked out as soon as 0Bama clears his throat to speak?

Offline MrsSmith

« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2009, 06:28:08 PM »
Hmmm.  Who's giving the Republicans orders?

As long time embedded professional Republican, I'm under the impression the Republicans are currently pretty unorganized, every Republican for himself.
Rush, or Sarah?   :-)

Antifa - the only fascists in America today.