Author Topic: Hello, Bush tax cuts EXPIRE in 2010, why isn't anyone telling us about how that  (Read 947 times)

Offline MrsSmith

Lorax7844 (1000+ posts)      Wed Sep-09-09 03:39 AM

Original message

Hello, Bush tax cuts EXPIRE in 2010, why isn't anyone telling us about how that can pay for HC!?

Since I'm not getting any comments on my other thread I am going to spam, don't worry mods just these two threads. But seriously, Bush Tax Cuts stole over 2 trillion from the treasury, healthcare will cost a trillion. 2 trillion - 1 trillion = 1 trillion added to the treasury.

Why the hell is no one in congress talking about this? Why the hell are we not talking about this? We know why the media isn't talking about this but still, I found a new drum and I'm beating it.

And "we" can just blame the tax increase on ChimpyMcBusHitler!!  Yeah, that'll work!!!!!11!!1!1  [/DUmpMode]  :whatever:

Hannah Bell  (1000+ posts)        Wed Sep-09-09 05:02 AM
Response to Original message
1. and that 1 trillion will come from the top 1% alone. win-win.

Printer Friendly | Permalink | Reply | Top
 FLDCVADem (377 posts)      Wed Sep-09-09 06:58 AM
Response to Reply #1
7. I think you need to look at those numbers again
 Even if the President sticks with his promise to only raise the top two marginal brackets, those brackets are not just the top 1%. 

OOPS!!  Did the DUmp just admit that the Bush tax cuts were not "only for the rich?"   :lmao:

TheKentuckian  (1000+ posts)      Wed Sep-09-09 05:11 AM
2. I will say that the same borrowed money seems to get earmarked for everything
 I 100,000% agree that we need to allocate those resources but we can't say that the money can pay for health care, green conversion, educational recommitment, and everything else ever and it would be cool to reassess spending so that trillion can be raised without being borrowed.

Still, no doubt that stupid tax cuts and two wars are very expensive and we have pressing needs that can't even be discussed with so much on the front burners. If we are going to keep increasing our debt then it should be invested into the country and the people.

Yeah, because people need their federal handouts so much more than we need to protect the country!! :loser:

Antifa - the only fascists in America today.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Why the hell are we not talking about this?

Because even if it provided this fictional $2 billion per year that Chimpy McBushHitler "stole" from the economy, it won't even be a drop in the bucket to pay for Hopey-McChangy Pony-Care.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline lars1701c

I really love this one:

Indi Guy (1000+ posts)      Wed Sep-09-09 05:35 AM
4. Thanks for this thread...
 Obama has not emphasized this point strongly enough.

He's not proposing raising taxes on the wealthy -- he's saying that their taxes will naturally return to pre-Bush levels.

Bush failed (as hard as he tried) to make the tax cuts permanent.

Elections have consequences. 

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
~~~ The late Dr. Adrian Rogers , 1931 to 2005

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
Lorax7844  (1000+ posts)      Wed Sep-09-09 03:39 AM

Original message

:blah:

But seriously, Bush Tax Cuts stole over 2 trillion from the treasury, healthcare will cost a trillion. 2 trillion - 1 trillion = 1 trillion added to the treasury.

:blah:

Someone needs to explain to this DUmbass that a tax cut to one's wages isn't stealing a f'n thing. Do these idiots think the government owns all wealth and doles it out as it sees fit?  :whatever:

Hey DUmbass, do away with the government, most of us still survive. Do away with the job producers and wage earners, we're all back to sticks and stones.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
Do these idiots think the government owns all wealth and doles it out as it sees fit?

Yes.
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
Do these dipshits also realize that taxes will increase for EVERYONE (not just the rich) come 2011?

And why isn't the RNC screaming this from the rooftops next to Zerobama's claim there won't be a tax increase?
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
What kind of deranged lunatic moron considers a tax cut THEFT? Does anyone need to read any further?

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
If we are going to keep increasing our debt then it should be invested into the country and the people.

The stupid of this level has to be painful. Can anyone really be this dumb??

Yo DUmmies, go borrow a million dollars and "invest it" in your family and see what happens when the bill comes due.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

What kind of deranged lunatic moron considers a tax cut THEFT? Does anyone need to read any further?

Property is theft, comrade FGL.  I fear you are falling into revanchist thought patterns typical of a running dog reactionary.

:fuelfire:
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant

The kind of moron that thinks the answer to everything is ALWAYS the Federal Government.
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline YupItsMe

The biggest F@#*ing lie is that tax cuts took money from the treasury.  Tax revenues increased due to Bush's tax cuts, just the Federal Government spent it all and more.  Repubs and Dems are equally to blame.  Two wars are expensive, but appeasement is even more expensive.

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
The biggest F@#*ing lie is that tax cuts took money from the treasury.  Tax revenues increased due to Bush's tax cuts, just the Federal Government spent it all and more.  Repubs and Dems are equally to blame.  Two wars are expensive, but appeasement is even more expensive.

We might have troops in 2 countries but we ARE appeasing them here at home.

Offline Airwolf

Everyone at DU
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
When these asshats can explain why revenue was up under the tax cuts as opposed to lowering it when they expire, I might think they are the least bit relevant
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline thundley4

Re: Hello, Bush tax cuts EXPIRE in 2010, why isn't anyone telling us about how t
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2009, 11:59:06 AM »
When these asshats can explain why revenue was up under the tax cuts as opposed to lowering it when they expire, I might think they are the least bit relevant

The DUmmies see that the deficit increased under President Bush, therefore the total taxes to the government must have decreased.  In their happy little world, they don't recognize that spending caused the deficits. Except of course when  they want to blame military spending for robbing them of health care.

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
Someone needs to explain to this DUmbass that a tax cut to one's wages isn't stealing a f'n thing. Do these idiots think the government owns all wealth and doles it out as it sees fit?  :whatever:

Hey DUmbass, do away with the government, most of us still survive. Do away with the job producers and wage earners, we're all back to sticks and stones.

The DUmmies think if we go out and make a dollar that we are stealing that dollar from the poor people unless we give 70 to 80 cents of that dollar back. Ouch that sentence made my head hurt but, they actually believe it.
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
The DUmmies think if we go out and make a dollar that we are stealing that dollar from the poor people unless we give 70 to 80 cents of that dollar back. Ouch that sentence made my head hurt but, they actually believe it.

And the Dems think November 2nd, 2010 is going to be bad . . . they let the Bush tax cuts expire, and November 6th, 2012 will end the Democratic Party in the US for 30 years or so.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline djones520

HOLY SHIT!  Someone inform the CBO about this, they totally forgot to include this in their calculations of the 10 year deficit!!!111!!!

DUmmies, stop breathing some methane for a bit and pull your heads outta your asses.  That money from the tax cuts has already been spent.   ::)
"Chuck Norris once had sex in an 18 wheeler. Some of his semen dripped onto the engine. We now call that truck Optimus Prime."