Author Topic: I ratted out a rightie at the hospital this morning.  (Read 2501 times)

Offline CC27

I ratted out a rightie at the hospital this morning.
« on: September 08, 2009, 11:34:44 AM »
Critters2  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Tue Sep-08-09 12:30 PM
Original message
I ratted out a rightie at the hospital this morning.

Edited on Tue Sep-08-09 12:33 PM by Critters2
A parishioner was having surgery this morning (in fact, I've come home for lunch, but going back to the hospital, to be there when he comes out of surgery), so I went over and parked in the clergy parking area. Clergy parking is far enough from the hospital that they have a shuttle car come around to pick people up, driven by volunteers. The shuttle pulled up behind my car just as I was getting out, so I hopped in. The driver says, "I like your 'I love my beagle' sticker."

Me: Thank you.
Him: I don't like the other sticker, though.
Me: What?
Him: I don't like your other sticker.
Me: The Obama one?
Him: Yep. I don't like him, I don't trust him.
Me: Because he's black? (Yep, I went there. It's time to confront these racists).
Him: Did I say that?
Me: What other reason would you have to not trust the president of the United States?
Him: I don't know where he's from.
Me: He's from Hawaii originally. More recently from Chicago. Now you know.
Him: I don't like where he was educated.
Me: He has degrees from Columbia and Harvard. Where are your degrees from?

Then we got to the hospital, I wished him a good day, and headed inside. Before going to the surgical area, I stopped at the Human Resources office, and told the woman at the desk that I had a complaint about the shuttle driver. A supervisor was standing nearby, and took me aside to ask what my complaint was. I told her that the shuttle driver was badmouthing the POTUS, and that didn't seem appropriate to me. She asked me which parking lot I had come from, and I told her I was in clergy parking. She replied "I know who it was. I'll have a talk with him." Then she gave me a free lunch pass.

I've had my fill with these people. No more Rev. Nice Guy from me! I challenge them and confront them when necessary.

And it got me a free lunch, which I've saved for a day when I don't feel the need to run home and let the beagle out.

:bouncy:

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x6490596

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
Re: I ratted out a rightie at the hospital this morning.
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2009, 11:44:12 AM »
Wow. The level of respect the DUmmies have for the office of the presidency. I can see Rev. Moonbat giving the same dressing down to someon who complained about President Bush, too. Can't you?  :whatever:
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline Ree

• It's Ree...
  • 100+ pounds lighter.. Ain't I hot
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2009, 11:45:29 AM »
The DUmmie is a preacher?
In Tennessee. I came down here to get warm,froze my arse off since I got here..
Just my luck... ;-P

Offline Celtic Rose

• All American Girl
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2009, 11:47:15 AM »
Wow, I'm sure glad I've never had any Clergy like that.   :mental: Does it make Critters2 feel like a good, loving, Christian to tattle about a shuttle driver?

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2009, 11:47:45 AM »

Wiccan. Or Unitarian.
Same diff.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2009, 11:48:09 AM »
The Critters2 primitive isn't a Christian, that much is clear.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2009, 11:49:51 AM »
Yeah, but it has nothing to do with a church.  It just likes to preach.

If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline jinxmchue

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2009, 11:53:00 AM »
Conservative: "I don't like Obama."
DUmp monkey: "Why?  Because he's black?"

When they pull the race card out, any hope of a reasoned, rational, intelligent conversation evaporates.  The only thing on their tiny little brains from that point forward is:

"RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST!!!!!"

You simply cannot talk to people like that.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2009, 11:54:11 AM »
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Chris_

« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2009, 12:25:22 PM »
What really happened:

I ratted on a whitey at the hospital this morning.

A fellow acorn activist was having surgery this morning (in fact, I've come home for another bong hit, but going back to the hospital, to be there when he comes out of surgery), so I went over and parked in the clergy parking area. Clergy parking is far enough from the hospital that they have a shuttle car come around to pick people up, driven by volunteers. The shuttle pulled up behind my car just as I was getting out, so I hopped in. The driver says, "Do you realize this parking area is reserved for Clergy?"

Me: Piss off whitey. I’ll park wherever I want.
Him: Most of the clergy have come and gone for the day, but next time please park in the main lot, okay?
Me: What?
Him: You sure do have a lot of bumper stickers.  Why so many?
Me: Because Obama is the one.
Him: I don't like him, I don't trust him.
Me: Because he's black? (Yep, I went there. It's time to confront these racists).
Him: Did I say that? What the Hell are you talking about?
Me: What other reason would you have to not trust the president of the United States?
Him: How much time you got?
Me: Well, anyone who opposes the President just has to be a racist.  There’s no other possible reason. Now you know.
Him: I don't like where he is taking this country.
Me: He has degrees from Columbia and Harvard. Where are your degrees from?
Him:  What?  Who paid for them?  Why won’t he release his records?
Me:  Whatever…..

Then we got to the hospital, I flipped him off, and headed inside….looking for the Admin Dept. Before going to the cafeteria cause I got the munchies again, I stopped at the Human Resources office, and told the woman at the desk that I had a complaint about the shuttle driver. A supervisor was standing nearby, and took me aside to ask what my complaint was because I was yelling so loudly. I told her that the shuttle driver was badmouthing the POTUS, and that didn't seem appropriate to me. She asked me which parking lot I had come from, and I told her I was in clergy parking. She asked what church I pastored and I told her to “piss off”, I’ll park anywhere I want.  She replied "I’ve seen you here before, haven’t I?  I suggest you move that car before we have it towed.  Then she gave me some advice…something about a door not hitting me.

So, I had to go move my car, but I had left the lights on, and the battery was dead.  I must have asked 20 people to help me, but they all drove off anyway.  One of them even said I should “just wait for Barry to send me my pony”, whatever that means.

I finally had to call a tow truck, but it’s okay, I charged in on Mom’s credit card.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2009, 12:30:16 PM »
 :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2009, 12:37:38 PM »

Bill Ayers

Jerimiah Wright

Bernadine Dorn

Father Phleger

Van Jones

The pocket book version of Rules For Radicals he keeps in his coat pocket

John Holdren

Forcibly taking over GM

Attempting to nationalize the banking industry

Obamacare

ACORN
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline Chris_

« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2009, 12:41:52 PM »
Bill Ayers

Jerimiah Wright

Bernadine Dorn

Father Phleger

Van Jones

John Holdren

Forcibly taking over GM

Obamacare

ACORN
How could you leave out Cynthia McKinney?

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2009, 12:57:13 PM »
Romulox  (1000+ posts)  Tue Sep-08-09 12:46 PM
Response to Original message
13. It's kindergarten all over again. nt

Yep.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Kimberly

« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2009, 11:54:44 AM »
Well, this bonfire grew quite large and the tide of opinion seems to have turned against the tattletale reverend.

liberalhistorian (1000+ posts)        Tue Sep-08-09 04:44 PM
128. I agree with challenge and confront, but there's a fine line
 between that and shoving your own beliefs down someone's throat. And I'm also not too comfortable with complaining about him to HR-remember, it wasn't that long ago that we were rightfully complaining about people getting in trouble at work, school, etc., if they spoke out against Bush. Whether we like someone's opinions or not, in this country, they have the right to them and to express them, just like we did when Bush was president. Now, if they're inciting violence or hatred, that's a different story, then call them out AND report them. But he wasn't doing either in this instance, he was simply expressing himself. Turn the story around and see how you'd feel if someone complained that you were "talking bad" about Bush, as happened to many people during his unfortunately, horrible presidency. We had the right to do that then and they have the right to do that now. They shouldn't be getting in trouble at work for it and it also only makes us look like fascists when we do that ourselves. 

hfojvt  (1000+ posts)        Wed Sep-09-09 03:11 AM
Response to Reply #190
231. a right to know what? 
 that somebody was "badmouthing the POTUS, and that didn't seem appropriate to me"

Seriously, you do not see how that sounds? That if somebody had written this in September 2001 how we would not have seen that as a sign of total fascism. Proof that the other side is thin skinned and intolerant of any criticism (or mistrust) of their dear leader?

The only thing he volunteered was that "he did not trust Obama" and for the rest he responded to your questions/accusations. Too bad for him that he thought he could trust you, because you smiled and gave a friendly salutation and then ran to 'tattle' behind his back.

I am not seeing a "do unto others ..." here. Would you really like for somebody to do that to you? The crowd cheering you on here is part of the "do unto them as you would do unto a vermin". To me, that is not even the way a decent person should act, to say nothing of a follower of Jesus. Is this where we are? Have we no decency? At long last, have we no decency?

flyarm  (1000+ posts)        Wed Sep-09-09 11:35 AM
Response to Reply #291
325. no you ****ed with his being a kind person in his community by volunteering to help those 
 Edited on Wed Sep-09-09 11:36 AM by flyarm
who needed help!

so aren't you the sweet clergy man!..not.

You sir are the dispicable one to me..if you really are clergy and you were going to the hospital for your clergy job..you were the one who crossed the line!

You could have easily said , I don't discuss politics while on duty..

most of us have had to do that while at work!

and You sir work for a tax exempt church , I assume??????????

Instead of Politely saying something to shut down the converstation..you baited.

Glad i don't see you as clergy..I feel you should have a warning sign hung on you..

"squealer at large"

One thing i always taught my children..no one like a squealer! or a snake dressed in clergy attire.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2009, 12:00:14 PM »
Hmmmm...seems the good "Rev-Uh-RUND" forgot that little part in the Bible about, "Thou shalt not bear false witness."
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2009, 12:04:39 PM »
Leave it to Lisa to be the voice of sanity. :-)
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline IassaFTots

« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2009, 12:05:45 PM »
Now THAT is some good stuff.  I believe I will have to stay tuned.   :popcorn:

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2009, 12:34:05 PM »
Leave it to Lisa to be the voice of sanity. :-)

Being the asshole I am, I prefer Flyarm's response.  :evillaugh:
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2009, 01:54:35 PM »
Bill Ayers

Jerimiah Wright

Bernadine Dorn

Father Phleger

Van Jones

John Holdren

Forcibly taking over GM

Obamacare

ACORN

Michelle

fixored!
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline Karin

« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2009, 02:47:27 PM »
I haven't visited this thread in a while, I didn't know the tide had turned.  Thanks for posting those, Kimberly. 

A quotable quote, to show the compassion and tolerance of the left:

T Wolf (1000+ posts)      Wed Sep-09-09 09:31 AM
Response to Reply #90
262. Anything that can be done to get assholes like that racist fired is good. Letting them
 continue to pollute society is self-destructive.

Removing them by any means necessary is a public service.

Is that a threat? 

Anyway, I rarely recommend everyone getting out their boats and rowing over, but this really is a good read.  I wonder if Pipi_K has a bad taste in her mouth towards the DU.  I know I would. 

Offline IassaFTots

« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2009, 03:17:08 PM »
Taitertots (1000+ posts)      Wed Sep-09-09 03:34 PM
385. That makes you sound like a terrible person
 Don't like someone's ideology so you tattle to their boss trying to get them fired for not liking Obama.

You are now officially worse than the BUSH supporters.

Whoops.  Got ahead of myself.  I kinda liked this one.  I spent some time reading that thread.  Their set-up is way too cumbersome for me, but I did feel I needed to spend some time.  

Edited to add comments, after quote.    
« Last Edit: September 09, 2009, 03:33:25 PM by IassaFTots »

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2009, 03:20:43 PM »
bigjohn16  (370 posts)        Tue Sep-08-09 07:21 PM
156. So the guy sees your bumper sticker
 Edited on Tue Sep-08-09 07:42 PM by bigjohn16
tries to have a conversation with you about it, you call him a racist, and then you narc on him, did I get that right? If you don't want people to engage you in political discussions about it maybe you should remove the sticker from your vehicle.

I'm trying to think of something funny or sarcastic to say but I can't. It was just a really low class thing you did. Have a nice day Rev.

Edit:

Here are the two things you know about this person. He doesn't like the President and he volunteers at a hospital in his free time. Maybe he's not a lost cause and you shouldn't be so sensitive.

I almost wept. A reasonable DUer...then I noticed his post count.
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2009, 03:34:00 PM »
"Taitertots (1000+ posts)      Wed Sep-09-09 03:34 PM
385. That makes you sound like a terrible person
 Don't like someone's ideology so you tattle to their boss trying to get them fired for not liking Obama.

You are now officially worse than the BUSH supporters."

Whoops.  Got ahead of myself.  I kinda liked this one.  I spent some time reading that thread.  Their set-up is way too cumbersome for me, but I did feel I needed to spend some time. 

Edited to add comments, after quote.  Haven't mastered the art of the blue box quote when bringing in from the outside yet.  My apologies.   

Just use the "quote" tag with [] brackets to start and [/] to end.
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline IassaFTots

« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2009, 03:35:02 PM »
Just use the "quote" tag with [] brackets to start and [/] to end.

Thanks.  That was what I was doing when you posted.  I actually went to HELP and it helped me.  Banner day for me.