Author Topic: Martial Law? Baltimore Residents Spot National Guard Troops Across State Amid CO  (Read 901 times)

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Martial Law? Baltimore Residents Spot National Guard Troops Across State Amid COVID-19 Crisis
https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/martial-law-baltimore-residents-spot-national-guard-troops-across-state-amid-covid-19

We reported on Friday that the Maryland National Guard has become more visible across the Baltimore Metropolitan Area as the COVID-19 crisis could lead to a statewide Martial Law-style lockdown.

The Baltimore Patch is reporting that National Guard troops have been spotted not just in Baltimore City, but also across Baltimore County, and Montgomery and Prince George's counties.

Harbinger of things to come in some areas?
« Last Edit: March 22, 2020, 08:10:56 PM by Ptarmigan »
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline thundley4

I think it may happen in some liberal controlled states soon.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

Please guys, don't go all dumbass like the idiots on FB.  National Guard, or even Federal, military support is not 'Martial Law.'  It's a million miles from it.  Martial law only happens in the absence or complete abdication of civil authority, under military government, like area in rebellion that have been reconquered.

Look up 'Martial law' and see what it really is before you joint the nutter squad on this.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline thundley4

Please guys, don't go all dumbass like the idiots on FB.  National Guard, or even Federal, military support is not 'Martial Law.'  It's a million miles from it.  Martial law only happens in the absence or complete abdication of civil authority, under military government, like area in rebellion that have been reconquered.

Look up 'Martial law' and see what it really is before you joint the nutter squad on this.

I'm less worried about Illinois even with a Dim  Governor from Chicago. When he shut down "non-essential" businesses, he excluded gun stores from the shut down.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

I'm less worried about Illinois even with a Dim  Governor from Chicago. When he shut down "non-essential" businesses, he excluded gun stores from the shut down.

Yeah, I saw that.  I was quite surprised, but then with IL's existing firearms restrictions it's not exactly going to open the floodgates on buying for anyone who doesn't already have an FOID card.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline thundley4

Yeah, I saw that.  I was quite surprised, but then with IL's existing firearms restrictions it's not exactly going to open the floodgates on buying for anyone who doesn't already have an FOID card.

They have used the excuse of a backlog of background checks to extend the waiting period to 7 days here.