Author Topic: Director of taxpayer-funded museum resigns after online backlash over post wishi  (Read 1013 times)

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Director of taxpayer-funded museum resigns after online backlash over post wishing death to Republicans
https://www.theblaze.com/news/museum-director-resigns-anti-trump-facebook-post

A museum director is looking for new employment after public outrage erupted over a post she made wishing death to "piece of s**t" Republicans.

Melonnie Hicks was the executive director of the Pioneer City County Museum in Sweetwater, Texas, when she posted the offensive missive on Facebook.

"I hope every single one of you pieces of s**t that votes republican, dies today," she wrote on Super Tuesday.

The post quickly went viral on social media with many bombarding the Twitter account of the library.

Melonnie Hicks deleted her Tweet, but there is something called screen capture.  :mental:

She deleted her Twitter account.
https://twitter.com/MelonnieHicks

The horse if out of the barn. Too late!  :mental:

Just like what happened to Hayley Geftman-Gold.  :mental:
« Last Edit: March 10, 2020, 07:41:02 PM by Ptarmigan »
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
Wow. These people constantly out themselves.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Here is her so-called apology.
https://www.facebook.com/melonnie13/posts/10157384868715939

Melonnie Hicks
March 8 at 12:05 PM ·
This statement is to my friends and family and community. I know that I don’t owe you an explanation because as we all know the ones that matter don’t need it and the ones that need it don’t matter, but I believe that you deserve it because I do care about y’all.

I’ve known most of you my entire life and in person I don’t believe I’ve ever mistreated any of you. Not intentionally anyway.

I am just as disgusted with my choice of words as all of you are.

I would like to set a couple of things straight for everyone invested in this.

1. My post had zero to do with Super Tuesday or its results. It was actually the furthest thing from my mind.

2. My anger, fear, and frustration that led to my post was specifically with Greg Abbott’s policy of the past three years (its been more but deeply and personally affected me for the last 3) with regards to healthcare coverage and Medicaid expansion. I, like most of you fit in the box where I make just enough money to not qualify for CHIPS but not enough money to afford insurance. It’s cheaper in the immediate and regular maintenance for me to pay out of pocket. I understand many of us do that. I don’t believe I’m special one bit in this regard.

Up until the last two weeks, I’ve been able to successfully handle it. Even when, from 2013-2016, I was working 60 hours a week at the museum for $9,200 a year. Even when I was working two full-time jobs and going to school plus picking up pet sitting gigs and odd jobs on the side for the past 3 years, I was able to handle it.

But the last two weeks have been disastrous for mine and The kid’s health.

I know when y’all see me around town and interact with me that 99.8% of the time I’m laughing, making a joke, or probably sharing some loud mouthed opinion that I probably need to keep to myself. What you never, ever, ever hear from me is a complaint about my life. Every time you ask me how I am and how my family is I always reply “I’m well!!! How are you?! 😌” So none of you could possibly have an idea how much I’ve been struggling this month.

We are a strong community and I consider each and every one of you a dear friend. I know for a fact that if I had even hinted at what we’ve been going through that you all would have offered a helping hand. You’ve always done it for the museum, for the animals I’ve rescued, for the programs I’ve tried to create. Y’all are all amazing. But I never like to ask for help for myself. Just as many of you don’t. None of us wants to be a burden. We all want to be the servant, not the served.

Because of this y’all had no idea that my kid (I’d prefer not saying the name publicly given the hate mail and death threats I’m getting from people outside of our community) and I have both had the flu for the past two weeks. She missed 6 straight days of school because of it. We were told by the school that she couldn’t miss another single day without a doctor’s note. I informed them that I couldn’t afford to pay for that. They understood and did try to work with me as much as possible but had to finally say that we’d be referred to truancy court and the kid would have it on her permanent record.

So I sent her to school. She was in no way, shape, or form ready to be there.

While this was happening I’d called my pharmacy to get a refill on my asthma inhaler. Wednesday (the day I made the post, not Tuesday), I realized I’d never heard back from them. I called and was told my doctor had denied my refill.

I called my dr (who is currently out of town it turns out) and was told that I couldn’t get my rescue inhaler refilled because it had been 10 months since I’d been in the office. I explained that I couldn’t afford to pay for my kid to go to the doctor there was no way I was going to pay for myself. I asked if there was any way I could come in next month (this was a series of three different calls) or do anything else so I could just pay for the refill this one time. Again I was told no. I understand their hands were probably tied. I don’t fault them, but I said “you’re telling me right now that my only option is death.”

Then I got a call from the kid, she’d fainted twice and had two seizures at school. Again, she couldn’t come home without seeing a doctor.

I hung up the phone, sat on my floor and cried. In that moment, I felt that every single person who continually voted Gregg Abbott back into office didn’t care at all whether we lived or died.

Whether that was actually true is another matter. It’s how I felt in the moment.

So in my moment of fear, frustration and anger I lashed out with a disgustingly worded post. I just thought they don’t care if we live or die today, well, I hope they all die too.

And I posted it. And I got a phone call from Suddenlink about my WiFi bill they’d just raised. I dealt with them and hung up. I opened my FB to delete my disgusting post because I did regret it. I didn’t mean it and I knew that my friends that vote republican do care about me, I was just speaking out of frustration.

I saw where about 4 friends had commented on it. I didn’t reply to any comment, I deleted the post.

I posted a simple apology explaining I was dealing with a health concern and I’m sorry for saying what I did.

I closed my FB app and set my phone down. My lunch break was over and I had a lot of work to do.

About a minute later, I started getting messages asking what was going on. And was told someone had screenshotted my disgusting post.

I amended my apology to be public since my private post was now public.

Then it took off. So I deleted my apology and didn’t say anything else.

I am not upset for myself right now. I’m upset that I’ve let my kid down, that I’ve let my friends and family down, that I’ve hurt my community.

I am so sorry you’re all going through such a terrible time right now. It’s 1,000% my fault that our community is suffering and I am so sorry that I’m the one who let the wolves through the fence line.

I hope that you can all find it in your hearts to forgive my trespass. I am so, so sorry I’ve done this to you.

:ownit:
« Last Edit: March 10, 2020, 09:40:26 PM by Ptarmigan »
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
Another non-apology, apology. Some things to note;

She hates crippled people!  That’s the only reason she hates Greg Abbott. Oh, and white men. Oh, and married people.

The REST of her post ... is a hate filled rant against GOVERNMENT!  Read it and tell me I’m wrong. Almost all of the problems she’s sharing have to do with those government regulations they’re all so proud of. Read it.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline DLR Pyro

Sayonara you hateful bitch
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
Another non-apology, apology. Some things to note;

She hates crippled people!  That’s the only reason she hates Greg Abbott. Oh, and white men. Oh, and married people.

The REST of her post ... is a hate filled rant against GOVERNMENT!  Read it and tell me I’m wrong. Almost all of the problems she’s sharing have to do with those government regulations they’re all so proud of. Read it.

KC

I served with a guy who lives in Sweetwater. I'm sure their museum is better off without that scrunt flapping her cock holster.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
I served with a guy who lives in Sweetwater. I'm sure their museum is better off without that scrunt flapping her cock holster.

LOL!

Interestingly enough, I served with a guy from Sweetwater as well.  Dude was a nut case.  His biggest goal in life was to rob a bank.  He said he was going to leave the Army with enough pyro to pull it off.  I don't know if he ever lived his dream or not, though! 

KC

*Stolen

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
Even when, from 2013-2016, I was working 60 hours a week at the museum for $9,200 a year.
$2.95 an hour? If so, I think I found part of the problem, maybe quit the museum and find a job that offers better pay and health insurance.
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired

LOL!

Interestingly enough, I served with a guy from Sweetwater as well.  Dude was a nut case.  His biggest goal in life was to rob a bank.  He said he was going to leave the Army with enough pyro to pull it off.  I don't know if he ever lived his dream or not, though! 

KC

The guy I'm talking about was anything but nuts. Not flashy, but one of those solid trumpet players you could always count on to be there. Solid as a rock, great NCO. A privilege to have served with him.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.