Author Topic: How animal activists are shaming indigenous people for their lifestyle  (Read 480 times)

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
How animal activists are shaming indigenous people for their lifestyle
https://nypost.com/2020/03/07/how-animal-activists-are-shaming-indigenous-peoples-for-their-lifestyle/

Last week, the People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals celebrated when Alaska Airlines pulled its sponsorship from the Iditarod Trail Sled Dog Race. Alaska’s most famous sporting event involves a team of sled dogs pulling a human over ice and snow for 1,000 miles and I’ll admit it — the first time I went to Greenland and saw dogs living outside in solo houses on chains, it was a shock. It was freezing outside, and they were sitting alone in their wooden houses.

“When dogs used in the Iditarod aren’t being forced to run until their paws bleed and their bodies break down, they’re chained alone in the bitter cold,” PETA Executive Vice President Tracy Reiman said in a statement.

But here’s the thing about sled dogs: They are not normal, fully-domesticated, cuddly house pets.

Who they are.
And this is the problem — many animal rights activists can’t see plankton from the ocean in front of them. They also are, in the majority, wealthy white people who never have to subsistence hunt or use sled dogs for a living. For them, these activities are seen as recreational. For people living in these communities, it’s not.

Last week I visited the Anantara Golden Triangle Elephant Camp and Resort outside of Chiang Rai in Thailand. The reaction I got from some of my fellow travelers was … unenthusiastic.

Animal activists or more like animal rights terrorist. They are racist and closed minded.

They are no different from Al-Qaeda, ISIS, Boko Haram, Abu Sayyaf, Al-Shabaab, Hamas, Taliban, etc. They should be treated just like them.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2020, 02:48:21 PM by Ptarmigan »
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du